Aaron Pico vs. Shane Kruchten slated for Bellator 192

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Aaron Pico vs. Shane Kruchten slated for Bellator 192
By MMAjunkie Staff December 21, 2017 9:45 am Follow @MMAjunkie

aaron-pico-bellator-1832.jpg

Aaron Pico’s early MMA career remains void of cupcake gimme fights.

Pico (1-1 MMA, 1-1 BMMA), one of Bellator’s highest-profile blue-chip prospects, is slated to fight featherweight Shane Kruchten (12-3 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) at Bellator 192.

Krutchen today announced the fight (via Twitter), which mymmanews.com reported, though MMAjunkie could not immediately reach Bellator officials for confirmation:

Bellator 192 takes place Jan. 20 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., and the main card airs on Paramount (formerly Spike) following prelims on MMAjunkie.

Pico, a 21-year-old standout amateur wrestler, made his heavily promoted MMA debut in June and suffered a loss to underdog Zach Freeman via 24-second submission. However, he rebounded in his next bout and scored a dazzling first-round knockout of RFA vet Justin Linn in September.

Here it is (via Twitter):

He now meets Kruchten, a 33-year-old military vet who made his pro debut in 2007. The former WSOF fighter most recently earned a decision victory over Jeremy Mahon at WSOF 34. It marked his 12th win in 13 fights following a 0-2 start to his career. He has nine stoppages in 12 career victories.

The latest Bellator 192 card includes:

• Champ Douglas Lima vs. Rory MacDonald – for welterweight title
  • Quinton Jackson vs. Chael Sonnen – heavyweight grand prix opening round
  • Michael Chandler vs. Goiti Yamauchi
  • Henry Corrales vs. Georgi Karakhanyan
  • Khonry Gracie vs. Devon Brock
  • Cooper Gibson vs. Jacob Rosales
  • Noah Tillis vs. Jalin Turner
  • Shane Kruchten vs. Aaron Pico
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/aaron-pico-shane-kruchten-slated-bellator-192

Stipe vs Francis is an awesome fight I'm interested in but i'm not going to do PPV if I can stay in and watch this card for free at home.

Hell of a night to be a fight fan though!

Stipe vs Francis is an awesome fight I'm interested in but i'm not going to do PPV if I can stay in and watch this card for free at home.

Buddies and I are getting together to try and watch both events, but I can’t really justify paying 60 when there is a damn good free mma card at the same time.

No knock on the ufc event, but 60 is a ton to drop every month.

Same night as UFC 220? Are they fucking kidding? That's a fantastic card by Bellator standards too.

Pico being fed to the wolves. It’s been sink or swim for him since day one.

I really like this event.

Same night as UFC 220? Are they fucking kidding? That's a fantastic card by Bellator standards too.

Yeah that sucks, good card though. Will be DVRing it and watching it after UFC. Rory/Lima is awesome, also like Goiti/Chandler.

Dont know this dude but he's got 15 fights, Bellator is really trying to give Pico guys with alot of experience, I guess to maybe move him up the ranks quicker?

Dont know this dude but he's got 15 fights, Bellator is really trying to give Pico guys with alot of experience, I guess to maybe move him up the ranks quicker?
Or it might be that less experienced fighters don’t want to face Pico. I remember reading that a lot of fighters were turning a fight with Pico down. Idk if it’s true or not though.

Or it might be that less experienced fighters don’t want to face Pico. I remember reading that a lot of fighters were turning a fight with Pico down. Idk if it’s true or not though.
I dont think that.

I would jump on the opportunity to stop the hypetrain and make a name for myself if I were a 2-3 bum or something. Specially considering how flagged Pico is.

Yeah that sucks, good card though. Will be DVRing it and watching it after UFC. Rory/Lima is awesome, also like Goiti/Chandler.
I'll never forget... November 19, 2011... Ryan Bader finished Jason Brilz in 77 seconds, allowing me to flip the channel, and watch epicness unfold in Alvarez vs Chandler 1.

I think Pico just doesn't want to waste time and would rather find out he is champion material or instead crash and burn and return his focus to wrestling.

Stipe vs Francis is a hell of a fight and so is DC vs Volkan but the rest of the card sucks. Not sure I’d be so willing to drop $60 when there’s a card like this on free tv.

They gotta put Zach Freeman on this card to continue Freeman's "bitter ex stalker (even though I won)" gimmick.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pico is CHOOSING to fight guys with winning records and that are experienced.

He isn't a noob to fighting it' a waste of time having him fights cans he wants real comp.He is one of my favorite up and comers and it' partially his attitude the guy us a real humble guy.

Stipe vs Francis is a hell of a fight and so is DC vs Volkan but the rest of the card sucks. Not sure I’d be so willing to drop $60 when there’s a card like this on free tv.

Stipe/Ngannou is worth the PPV alone for me but yeah it could use one more main card fight, good 3rd fight on the card.

He's fighting now an even taller fighter than Freeman...

Pico is CHOOSING to fight guys with winning records and that are experienced.

He isn't a noob to fighting it' a waste of time having him fights cans he wants real comp.He is one of my favorite up and comers and it' partially his attitude the guy us a real humble guy.
I like that about him!

Will watch UFC 220 for Stipe/ Ngannou and DC/ Oezdemir, but I'm definitely watching the Bellator event later for Rampage/ Sonnen, Rory, and now Pico.

Back