Aaron Hernandez found dead in his prison cell

Gangsters_Paradise

Gangster Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez hanged himself Wednesday in the prison cell where he was serving a life sentence for murder, hours before his ex-teammates on the New England Patriots visited the White House to celebrate their Super Bowl victory, authorities said.

His death came just days after the 27-year-old athlete was acquitted in a second murder case.

Guards found Hernandez shortly after 3 a.m., Correction Department spokesman Christopher Fallon said. The onetime tight end was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead about an hour later.

Hernandez had been housed in a single cell in a general population unit at the maximum-security state prison in Shirley. He tried to jam the cell door to prevent guards from opening it and hanged himself with a bedsheet tied to a window, Fallon said.

Fallon said that he was not aware of any suicide note and that officials had no reason to believe Hernandez was suicidal. Otherwise, Fallon said, he would have been transferred to a mental health unit.

The Worcester County district attorney's office and the Correction Department are investigating.

Hernandez's lawyer, Jose Baez, said he will conduct his own investigation.

"There were no conversations or correspondence from Aaron to his family or legal team that would have indicated anything like this was possible," he said in a statement.

"Aaron was looking forward to an opportunity for a second chance to prove his innocence. Those who love and care about him are heartbroken and determined to find the truth surrounding his untimely death."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/nfl-star-aaron-hernandez-dead-hanging-cell-46882145

messed up shit

Smart way out. Unless he could have made parole.
I followed his first case and, while I think he did kill the guy, I was unconvinced and could definitely see there being reasonable doubt as to him actually pulling the trigger. The prosecution relied on witnesses who were complete shithead drug addicts/convicts and a bunch of circumstantial evidence. Seemed like he had a decent chance at least of a retrial(if possible) from his pending appeal.

Voluntary suicide is preferable to the death penalty. Send his family a thank you card from the taxpayers.

Voluntary suicide is preferable to the death penalty. Send his family a thank you card from the taxpayers.

I think he got life.

Other than that, agreed.

Excellent news. I see the lawyers are saying he wasnt suicidal lol

Too bad he chose this course of action after his last trial rather than before.

I followed his first case and, while I think he did kill the guy, I was unconvinced and could definitely see there being reasonable doubt as to him actually pulling the trigger. The prosecution relied on witnesses who were complete shithead drug addicts/convicts and a bunch of circumstantial evidence. Seemed like he had a decent chance at least of a retrial(if possible) from his pending appeal.
I didn't follow the case but Hernandez behaved and associated with scumbags so it's not a surprise that the witnesses were scumbags.

I didn't follow the case but Hernandez behaved and associated with scumbags so it's not a surprise that the witnesses were scumbags.
True but Hitmandez holding down a job as an NFL player- and star player at that- gives his word a little more credence than the other low lives.

Either way, dude's dead. Tax payers win in the long run. His child loses in the long run.

Edit- if @Falsedawn is correct, there won't be any losers. Justice served, tax payers get a 50 year break, lawyers got paid on both sides, and the little girl should be set for college.

Last edited:
True but Hitmandez holding down a job as an NFL player- and star player at that- gives his word a little more credence than the other low lives.

Either way, dude's dead. Tax payers win in the long run. His child loses in the long run.

The angle i've seen from this is that Massachusetts has some obscure legal principle that voids his conviction since he died before he exhausted his appeals. That protects his estate from civil suits as the conviction is effectively voided.

Get acquitted on the other case, kill yourself so the first one goes away, and your kid gets whatever little bit of money you had left. If that was his thought process, it's deliciously Machiavellian.

Damn, he's out for the season with a neck injury now. WHO WILL I DRAFT IN FANTASY NOW?!

Didn't he shoot his one buddy in the face & the guy lived?

Justice was served.

Damn, he's out for the season with a neck injury now. WHO WILL I DRAFT IN FANTASY NOW?!
savage
85153202.jpg

The angle i've seen from this is that Massachusetts has some obscure legal principle that voids his conviction since he died before he exhausted his appeals. That protects his estate from civil suits as the conviction is effectively voided.

Get acquitted on the other case, kill yourself so the first one goes away, and your kid gets whatever little bit of money you had left. If that was his thought process, it's deliciously Machiavellian.
His conviction will be overturned which means he'll forever be an innocent man.

Falcons: best football choke of the year.

Aaron Hernandez: Hold my beer.

Back