A thank you thread to Conor McGregor

8 and 10 years ago, pre-UFC. You completely missed my point. Ronda showed some clear weaknesses when she lost the title fight then looked much, much worse in her next fight. There's a pattern there that's not relevant based on a 2008 fight. Bendo got subbed in 46 seconds in his 3rd MMA fight. That had no bearing on his performance later in the WEC and UFC.

I think its fair to say that rondas long unbeaten record and actual title defences puts her in a different class to mcgregor, who has been tapping out in all phases of his career and never defended a single belt

I think its fair to say that rondas long unbeaten record and actual title defences puts her in a different class to mcgregor, who has been tapping out in all phases of his career and never defended a single belt

The main difference between the two is that McGregor has fought in already matured, evolved men's divisions. Ronda fought early in the sport (think Royce Gracie in the early UFCs) and avoided the best female fighter. She got exposed much worse than Conor once competitors got a bit better. I'm not a Conor fan, BTW, but this defense and white knighting for Rousey is both ridiculous and funny. She's the definition of a fly-by-night fighter.

Could he be forcing himself for attention to promote his whiskey?
deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The main difference between the two is that McGregor has fought in already matured, evolved men's divisions. Ronda fought early in the sport (think Royce Gracie in the early UFCs) and avoided the best female fighter. She got exposed much worse than Conor once competitors got a bit better. I'm not a Conor fan, BTW, but this defense and white knighting for Rousey is both ridiculous and funny. She's the definition of a fly-by-night fighter.

Its more than just sport. Ronda was the reason for womens mma in the ufc and convinced huge untapped markets to buy ppvs. Her mainstream crossover as a woman in mma was much larger than conors, her fame reached much greater heights. she still had a long unbeaten streak and actually defended belts

And fair enough if she got beaten by great opponents. Would you say nate diaz is a great opponent?

...and why presume im white knighting? Ill be frank, simply calling me a conor hater would be pretty accurate

why isn't he pushing it to European soccer hooligans? american football fans want cheap beer and cardboard pizza...

Its more than just sport. Ronda was the reason for womens mma in the ufc and convinced huge untapped markets to buy ppvs. Her mainstream crossover as a woman in mma was much larger than conors, her fame reached much greater heights. she still had a long unbeaten streak and actually defended belts

And fair enough if she got beaten by great opponents. Would you say nate diaz is a great opponent?

...and why presume im white knighting? Ill be frank, simply calling me a conor hater would be pretty accurate

I'd say Diaz is more evolved and certainly of a higher skill level than anyone Ronda fought. Watch the first "great" WMMA fight: Carano vs. Cyborg from around 2009. It was a total slopfest and WMMA has only improved moderately since then. Look at Ronday vs Cat Zingano. You could take some athletic lady from the gym or college sports and she'd put up a better fight than Cat did. Ronda was a 2-trick pony (judo TDs and an arm bar). Her early opponents were so scared of her that she landed some strikes, but her last 2 fights completely exposed her awful striking game. At least Diaz has multiple things going for him (good boxing, very good BJJ, great cardio, very tough and durable).

Should have blessed his own damn grappling training instead.

All the players kept doing his strut after every big play.

Back