A Starcucks baracista wrote "Beaner" for a latino customer named Pedro...

wetback.

spic.

wetback.

spic.

Those do not get censored here on Sherdog...

Can you guess why?

Just because the public at large does not care about the word "beaner" or wetback or spic.........that doesn't mean it's okay for Starcucks to slur customers...................

Fucking duh.

I was joking about the Sherdog censoring. Lighten up.

But don't you think if a barista wrote "dummy" or "ugly" or "fatty" on some random person's cup that barista would also come under fire from management and that that customer would also receive an apology and a "making right" from Starbucks corporate?

If I go to Starcucks and they insult me in any way whatsoever, there will be problems.

...whereas many other people in this thread are cool with being insulted.

Yeah, I'm gonna pay 7 bucks for a latte and be welcomed by a slur... Nope.

I’m really fucking scared bro. Lol.

assuming the company investigates and fires the employee, i dont see why society pins this on "starbucks" as a whole. I mean they are doing the racial sensitivity training as a make good to help their image but do you really think of the millions of people who visit starbucks daily, that writing beaner or calling cops on black people is common? Fires the punk ass employees and lets move on. I highly doubt anyone is going to be taking notes about how writing beaner on the cup for a mexican is not a good thing lol.

assuming the company investigates and fires the employee, i dont see why society pins this on "starbucks" as a whole. I mean they are doing the racial sensitivity training as a make good to help their image but do you really think of the millions of people who visit starbucks daily, that writing beaner or calling cops on black people is common? Fires the punk ass employees and lets move on. I highly doubt anyone is going to be taking notes about how writing beaner on the cup for a mexican is not a good thing lol.

Uhh...

If you work for x company and you are sexually harassed at said company by a higher up...

...the company is at fault.

It's a similar principal compared to a Starbucks worker being racist to a customer.

I'm half Mexican . Beaner is a silly slur. It's never bothered me, as it has almost no real weight to it. Spic and wet back are more hurtful.

#not that offended
Serious question: where did the term wet back come from??

Yes.

The horrid history of "cracker" and "white trash" reeeeeeeeeeeally compares to the history and reality of the N word...

SMH

All of those white slaves and black supremacists...........

It's all so terrifying.
i mean, i agree with you entirely about the sting, there is really no doubt.

On a side note, I’d like to insert here that we tend to compare black slavery conditions to today’s whites.

When blacks were forced to work long days for nothing but communal room and board, a ton of whites, worldwide, were working long hours for just enough pay to pack a shitload of kids into one big bed, and eat bread three times day. Little kids stuffed down chimneys.

Im not saying it wasnt worse to be a slave, Im saying that shit was tougher for a lot of people then, and I think we make a mistake of comparing blacks from 1800 to whites from now.

This really isnt based off of your post, just something that has been brewing in the back of my mind for a while.

Duh.

Cunts voted Trump into office.

Cunts...ABOUND.
Now this is simply ignorant. Paintbrushing all people who voted for Trump as cunts is the same reductionist thinking that occurs with racism.
The problem is in you. You hate it because you dont understand it, so you project your darkest inclinations as to why onto a horde of people.
Shame on you. Grow up. People with your mindset are dividing and straining a potentially great country. We need progressive minds, not your hatred and this simpleton approach to disagreements.

If I go to Starcucks and they insult me in any way whatsoever, there will be problems.

and now this just exposes you as a bitch, along with other posts.
Youve simply condemned that whole franchise based on someone making a joke that bothers you, and anyone who isnt bothered is a problem, too.

You are the problem. Entirely.

Being mad and being offended are different things. I'd be mad, but not offered

and now this just exposes you as a bitch, along with other posts.
Youve simply condemned that whole franchise based on someone making a joke that bothers you, and anyone who isnt bothered is a problem, too.

You are the problem. Entirely.

LOL

Yeah.

I'm part Latino, and it would SO rock for a Starcucks baracista to call me a "beaner".

That would be rad.

SMH

Really shouldn’t “beaner” be a derogatory term for a barista? They handle beans all day and everyone looks down on them.

Yeah...

Say that shit in certain neighborhoods and feel lucky if you don't get shot.

Real says a lot about the civility in “certain neighbourhoods”. Where stupid words can get you murdered.

Real says a lot about the civility in “certain neighbourhoods”. Where stupid words can get you murdered.

You're not stupid I assume.

...but there are some (stupid) people out there who spew racist shit in the wrong places.

i mean, i agree with you entirely about the sting, there is really no doubt.

On a side note, I’d like to insert here that we tend to compare black slavery conditions to today’s whites.

When blacks were forced to work long days for nothing but communal room and board, a ton of whites, worldwide, were working long hours for just enough pay to pack a shitload of kids into one big bed, and eat bread three times day. Little kids stuffed down chimneys.

Im not saying it wasnt worse to be a slave, Im saying that shit was tougher for a lot of people then, and I think we make a mistake of comparing blacks from 1800 to whites from now.

This really isnt based off of your post, just something that has been brewing in the back of my mind for a while.
So you think whites and everyone else were about equal back then huh? <45>

Back