A Starcucks baracista wrote "Beaner" for a latino customer named Pedro...

There are ways other than kicking somebody's ass, to stand up for yourself.

You can straighten people out with words. And if nothing else, you can let everybody know that they're a punk.

An insult does not warrant a violent response. Neither does it warrant a CNN article, either.
Nobody who says I’d kick their ass has ever been in a fight.

Again...

So if a random guy called your little kid a beaner or the N word in public...you'd be cool with that?

And yes, for many Latinos, "beaner" is the equivalent of the N word.

Of course not, but I wouldn’t see it as being worthy of a news article either.

I’d take it to management after collecting the evidence and expect the man to be fired on the spot. That is all.

An angry mob of faceless internet trolls should obviously destroy her life.

It's the right thing to do for her crude social mistake.

Of course not, but I wouldn’t see it as being worthy of a news article either.

I’d take it to management after collecting the evidence.

It IS worthy of being on the news if only to make Starbucks look like shit.

FUCK racist fucking shit.

There are ways other than kicking somebody's ass, to stand up for yourself.

You can straighten people out with words. And if nothing else, you can let everybody know that they're a punk.

An insult does not warrant a violent response. Neither does it warrant a CNN article, either.
Well you never know when shit can hit the fan. I got felony assault for knocking out someone who got in my face, pushed me, called me a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: & then spit on me. He was trespassing on top of all that. Since he never threw a punch he didn’t get in any trouble. All that started because I told him what I thought of him once he approached me lol once someone spits in your face it’s only natural to snap on them. That’s what arguments lead to.

This is all kind of irrelevant because this thread is about a barista simply writing beaner on a cup

Nobody who says I’d kick their ass has ever been in a fight.

I think most people have been in a fight. Most men, anyway. Not necessarily a fight that they've won, but still.

Not a life and death fight, though, obviously. But hell, by the time I was 12 years old, I had probably been in hundreds of little scraps. Less so as I've gotten older, but there's always some of that.

Anyway, committing a felony is not exactly what comes first to mind if somebody wrote an insult on my cup of coffee. Talk about escalating a situation.

Yes.

The horrid history of "cracker" and "white trash" reeeeeeeeeeeally compares to the history and reality of the N word...

SMH

All of those white slaves and black supremacists...........

It's all so terrifying.

Are you saying the history of the word “beaner” is comparable to the N word?

Lmao, no.

If someone calls me k!ke I will be livid. Heeb or Yid? Meh. I’ll definitely think a lot less of them. But I’d never compare any of them to the N word seriously.

Well you never know when shit can hit the fan. I got felony assault for knocking out someone who got in my face, pushed me, called me a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: & then spit on me. He was trespassing on top of all that. Since he never threw a punch he didn’t get in any trouble. All that started because I told him what I thought of him once he approached me lol once someone spits in your face it’s only natural to snap on them. That’s what arguments lead to.

This is all kind of irrelevant because this thread is about a barista simply writing beaner on a cup

You should've gone easier on the first punch. Let him get a couple of light ones off, and then light him up.

But yeah, if somebody spits on me, not going to take that. You just can't.

Damn that sucks. Lots of places spitting on someone is assault, or even assault with a biological weapon. Seriously.

At most I would have called it mutual affray.

Did the prosecutors seriously go forward with that charge on you? Seems like nobody would convict you knowing the facts of the case.

Damn that sucks. Lots of places spitting on someone is assault, or even assault with a biological weapon. Seriously.

Did the prosecutors seriously go forward with that charge on you? Seems like nobody would convict you knowing the facts of the case.

I've seen cops LET PEOPLE FIGHT IT OUT...

So, yeah. It fucking sucks that it went down like that with @Drenalin

I think most people have been in a fight. Most men, anyway. Not necessarily a fight that they've won, but still.

Not a life and death fight, though, obviously. But hell, by the time I was 12 years old, I had probably been in hundreds of little scraps. Less so as I've gotten older, but there's always some of that.

Anyway, committing a felony is not exactly what comes first to mind if somebody wrote an insult on my cup of coffee. Talk about escalating a situation.
People who are actually like that aren’t needed

I wasn’t convicted, but it shows up on my arrest record

Never heard the term beaner in my life. Pedro should move to australia there are no mexicans and therefore no Mexican prejudice here

I kind of believe starbucks.. if they couldn't understand the name, maybe that's what they truly thought he said.. why would they write that on purpose - are they really that dumb?

I kind of believe starbucks.. if they couldn't understand the name, maybe that's what they truly thought he said.. why would they write that on purpose - are they really that dumb?

Ya...

The barista managed to get the orders correct, but then, they thought "beaner" sounded like "Pedro".

lol

Ya...

The barista managed to get the orders correct, but then, they thought "beaner" sounded like "Pedro".

lol

It's easier to decipher orders on a fixed menu vs a name that could be anything.

It's totally possible it was some dumb bitch who thought it would be funny, but logically why would they do that so blatantly?

Back