A "Soprano's" prequel film given the green light by New Line, Chase producing.

Fatt Hughes

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The film's tentative tile "The Many Saint's of Newark" will focus on the tensions between italian citizens and african american's during the 1960's, and will feature many of David Chase's Soprano's characters including Johnny Boy Soprano, wife Livia, and a slew of others.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/david-c...he-many-saints-of-newark-new-line-1202319202/

Some of the beloved characters from the series will appear in the film. I couldn’t get any more information about the plot, but the time period indicates there will be room for Tony Soprano’s father, Giovanni “Johnny Boy,” the former captain of the Soprano crew (played in flashbacks by Joseph Siravo), and a younger version of his wife Livia (played indelibly in the show’s first season by Nancy Marchand), and Tony’s uncle Junior, played by Chianese.

Personally, I always felt a prequel series would have been preferable to a film, as you can flesh out the story more. But I'll take any additional Sopraon's lore that's given.

Which Soprano's characters would you like to see show up?

If it’s the 60’s than it should be Uncle Junior and Tony’s Dad. Tony would be a small kid. Possibly have Paulie and Big Pussy in it as they were in Tony’s Dad crew.

Tony' dad:

tumblr_mgxhwrrBdr1qa9ugno1_500.gif

Is Winter involved in writing for this?

If it’s the 60’s than it should be Uncle Junior and Tony’s Dad. Tony would be a small kid. Possibly have Paulie and Big Pussy in it as they were in Tony’s Dad crew.

There was a flashback in the Sopranos dealing w/ this. Young Tony dealing w/ the racial tension. Johnny Soprano also had a goomah that was also JFK's mistress

Could be ok, could be utter garbage. Leaning towards garbage. Leave it alone, make a new gangster movie on its own if they have to.

AJ can play a young Tony

LOL that guy never worked again. Was he that good of an actor that people really hated him that much. I mean the guy is an actor. Doesn't mean he is that much of a whiny B in real life

This is his son and if he is in to acting, he would be the perfect young Tony!

Poor kid can't even go to the damn airport.

You already know what happens to most of the main character. It's kind of hard to make that story interesting. Better Cal Saul does a pretty good job at it though

Should be about the War of the 80's. However seeing a 20 year old Paulie should be funny.

Dumb, I’d rather see a new gangster story set in Chicago or NY

Back