A Solution to the Problem of Mass Shootings

Why not? Put random people in schools kind of like the skymarshalls that were in place after 9-11. No one ever knew they were actually there but the threat of them probably kept some people from trying something stupid.

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

I don't think it would do much because these things happen very quickly. First the teacher would have to be at the right time, right place. You can assume that shooters will plan around teachers when they know they're armed, for instance shooting in a lunchtime cafeteria or in hallways. Then the teacher would have to quickly realize what's happening, unholster their weapon, spot where the shooter is, and shoot the shooter without hitting any other students - before the shooter mows them down. At best maybe you'd slightly reduce the body count.

Report people and take those reports seriously. Wow, that was easy.

And hey look, it could have stopped Nikolas Cruz!

If you know only the teacher is armed and your plan is to do what that kid did. Wouldnt you take out the teacher first? I think with little bit of planning armed teacher or armed guard cant do anything. Its not like the guard is in the classroom

Great idea, let’s take the demographic of the population that probably has the MOST mental health issues— active duty veterans— strap them up, and stick them in schools.

I mean, it’s not like active duty veterans have a 22% higher rate of suicide than the general population.

What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2951
obviously you wouldn't use Veterans w/ VA disability for behavioral health issues.....

next

MORE GUNS

Thoughts?

Good idea IMO. I'd be more comfortable knowing there was armed security at my daughter's school. Its another line of defense that may not save all lives but may lessen the impact.

I'm not on board with teachers having that responsibility. Too many levels to the quality of teachers out there.

Last edited:
Most teachers no.

Armed trained guards yes and locked doors to prevent entry except through certain doors.

It always shows in these threads people that have little idea what they are talking about.

They think to be effective the guard has to take the gunman out with one shot like some movie. Once an armed person engages the gunman the gunman will concentrate on that person giving time for more people to escape and more time for other armed help to arrive.

It like some people have no idea how this works.

Last edited:
Most teachers no.

Armed trained guards yes and locked doors to prevent entry except through certain doors.

It always shows in these threads people that have little idea what they are talking about.

They think to,be effective the guard has to take the gunman out with one shot like some movie. Once an armed person engages the gunman the gunman will concentrate on that person giving time for more people to escape and more time for other armed help to arrive.

It like some people have no idea how this works.
Exactly. An armed guard at the very least saves SOME lives. No reason not to do it.

Maybe the FBI can fucking do their job well. They were warned about this psycho. They were warned by Russian intelligence about the fuckwad Boston Marathon bombers.

Good kids don't shoot people. Good kids are made by good and stable parenting. Maybe we could focus on raising our children because stripping away at the 2A wont stop mass shooters or mass murderers.

Committed psychos intent on killing will find a way.

Always a tweet.

Desperate times, as they say. He never would have agreed to a ban on bump stocks a year ago.

I don't really get why we look for ways to criticize the president on this one. He's done more to address the issue in one afternoon than I've seen any other politician do. This is a good thing. This is what people should want from Trump.

1) Teach kids how to deal with failure and setback at an early age. It will build resilience. Stop being a helicopter parent while you are at it.
2) Stop over-medicating kids to deal with your inability to be a parent.
3) Take mental illness seriously. We used to lock up people who were dangerous to society.
4) "Ban" the media from saturating the news and creating virtual martyrs.

Fuck it. That shit is way too hard. Instead, just ban something. Doesn't matter what. Just do SOMETHING!

1) Teach kids how to deal with failure and setback at an early age. It will build resilience. Stop being a helicopter parent while you are at it.
2) Stop over-medicating kids to deal with your inability to be a parent.
3) Take mental illness seriously. We used to lock up people who were dangerous to society.
4) "Ban" the media from saturating the news and creating virtual martyrs.

Fuck it. That shit is way too hard. Instead, just ban something. Doesn't matter what. Just do SOMETHING!
Yeah, the problem is there before a gun ever enters the picture.

Someone needs to ask the important question. When and why did these mass shootings become so common?

Inner city schools have been combating this sort of problem for a long time (with regards to weapons making their way inside schools). It's nothing new.

Officers inside schools have increased recorded crimes as well as referrals for less serious crimes. In short, crime reports go up and it can be costly, which is bad for the people who play the stats games - the politicians.

Which is one major reason I'm sure many of them aren't up for it, and would rather attack the second amendment, further restricting the freedoms of law abiding US citizens.

Last edited:
there is no solution. These thing are too random.

All you can really do is keep your guard up and make sure that you have at least a reasonable plan if you are ever in that situation.

They should make a law in Murka saying you have to be armed to the teeth everywhere in public, or else you can get arrested. That would force people to grow some ballz and stop being libruhl cuck puzzies!!!!!1111

They should make a law in Murka saying you have to be armed to the teeth everywhere in public, or else you can get arrested. That would force people to grow some ballz and stop being libruhl cuck puzzies!!!!!1111

I shitpost like this when I'm drink too.

Here is what I would support in this regard. Require all vice principals to have former military or police training, and conceal carry on school grounds.

What the fuck does a vice principal even do?

Im pretty sure it involves alot of pointless meetings.

Back