A Sinister Tale of the Fisticuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a light workout.

Sprint work - same as listed earlier, and I have a mind to start doing bleachers again.

30 ab-rollouts.

20 medicine-ball leg-lifts. Holding the medicine ball between my ankles.

20 regular leg-lifts.

100 medicine ball twists.

5 minute rope-skip.

My wrist feels much better today. No more thumb pain or numbness. I loaded up on enzymes for inflammation yesterday. If it's fine when I wake up in the morning I'll do another upper-body routine.

Over the last couple of weeks I've just finished reading

The Kings 3 Month Crunch (boxing)

The Pro King

A Sinister Tale of the Fisticuffs

and

Diego's The Top Rank Runt

Thanks for sharing much of your "business" of going into Boxing. You have come a long way since Dec 2005. I basically starting lurking on Sherdog due quality posts such as yours. I didn't even know there was a .com for a long time : ), and have come to enjoy Sherdog in all it's facets as my primary Internet time waster/Fight sport education.

Your drive and focus is great to inspire fat guys like me. Even after set backs, such as the Pro King ending, you push on and really make a guy think about his own path and what I am doing with my lack of goals.

I hope all is well with Diego and he comes back to share his trials and accomplishments.

P.S. I wish Vilo's posts would not have been deleted, as some of his quoted posts seem to have some good suggestions in them, and the thread flow is a little off. That Pro King Log went from 23 pages to 18! His retirement from Sherdog seems like a big lost to members here.

After reading almost 300 pages of Liu posts non stop, I'm feeling deprived now....

P.S. I wish Vilo's posts would not have been deleted, as some of his quoted posts seem to have some good suggestions in them, and the thread flow is a little off. That Pro King Log went from 23 pages to 18! His retirement from Sherdog seems like a big lost to members here.

Because I do what I can not to put negative energy out there, let's just say that anything that was said that is useful is encompassed in sentiments I've given later on. Regardless of who comes and goes in my life, I take any positives with me and recite them as parts of what I learned. In a way I have to thank the guy, because had he not done the shit he did, I'd not be where I am right now as a working Pro's Chief sparring partner.

'Liu Jin (劉瑾), (?-1510), was a well-known Chinese eunuch during the Ming Dynasty. Liu was famous for being one of the most corrupt officials in Chinese history and the standing emperor for some time.'

There's nothing nice about a eunuch. Though, of course, in those days any Government Official had to be a eunuch because it was imperial requirement, so if you wanted to work for the emperor you'd better have your kids before you got that gig.

After reading almost 300 pages of Liu posts non stop, I'm feeling deprived now....

Yeah, I'd apologize for that, but I'm thinking these days that most apologies mean diddly-shit, from anyone.

Once more into the breach dear friends...

7:15am - 3 mile run.

11am - Gym Time:

Does Liu get a "warm-up" day after spending Saturday and Sunday with the inability to close his hand? Fuck no.

10 minute dynamic stretch.

3 rounds Shadowboxing.

4 rounds sparring with Dee:

He wasn't coming at me quite as hard because he knew my wrist was jacked-up, but he still did his best to utilize his wacky angles, lighting-quick over-hand right (which he tends to bulldoze in right after) and snapping left-hook if he pulls back. I managed to actually neutralize that right by dipping to my left, which is usually wrong for a straight right unless the guy throws it across his chest (like Diego used to which you can see in the old videos), but works when it's an over-hand because it goes too far to my right. I can also nullify his left hook my tucking my right hand close to my temple after I jab and he looks to counter, and when I throw my counter-left right when he does, it lands.

Altogether a MUCH better day for me due to changes in tactics, and his respect for not trying to take my face off so quickly after getting back into the Gym. These are the tactics I used the second time we sparred when there was a lot of back-and-forth and I felt really good about it.

Mike actually got to the Gym late and Dee took a little while to get geared-up, so that was all for the Gym work.

8pm - Evening Jam Session:

6 minutes continuous Shadowboxing with resistance tubes.

100 medicine ball throws. Mind-you that's 100 with each hand.

5 minutes medicine ball slams. I have two of them now, the 8lb'er is rubber and bounces better for the throws. The other is a 15lb'er that I used for the slams. I didn't bother counting how many I did, just that I did it for 5 minutes continuously.

20 T-ups.

20 power-overs.

6 minutes rope-skip, which still REALLY sucks when your arms are fried.

Yeah, I'd apologize for that, but I'm thinking these days that most apologies mean diddly-shit, from anyone.

Nah an apology isn't necessary, this is your log, post when you want to. It had more to do with the fact that I had just read so many pages in a row. Like reading a 2 books of a trilogy, and waiting for the 3rd book to hit the shelves.

Once again with the inconsistency in here. The second half of last week was riddled with drama, in every aspect from work to personal life.

Basically, for an indefinite period of time, Diego has ceased Boxing. There were a lot of factors to this, from the fact that he totaled his car, to that he wants to focus on finishing College within the next year. Mike and I kind of saw it coming, so we were well-prepared to deal with it. He says he's not done completely, that the Sport is and will always be in his heart, but that right now he can't put his heart into the Sport. Kinda sucks, but it happens. Mike and I assured him that as long as he's doing positive things we got his back, and that the moment he wants to get back to it the door is open.

So it's back to being just me, but that's alright.

I didn't get to spar Dee anymore last week because we'd agreed to go again Friday, but I ended up being called into work early Friday. Then come to find out Mike wasn't at the Gym anyway. They went to Primm early because Said fought on the ESPN card featuring Alfredo Angulo. I so wanted to work the cuts for that Fight, but they agreed to let Fernando do it. Eh well, I'm going to pester Mike about it next time. Said was victorious in 3rd round stoppage that I heard was pretty alarming. Shut up some shit-talkers because he got a lot of flack for going from Eddie to Mike, and word has it people were even running their mouths at the event, but not when they went back to the back after sparking the opponent:

l_c72dd9782b67427780a5aed6bfe4c9ac.jpg

Sharif also fought on that card, did pretty good, but again he shows some of the openings Mike was working to eliminate:

Last bit of news is my boy Adam designed me a logo:

Liu9.jpg

I like it. He's also working on some ideas for the whole "Team Rudeboy" concept. I don't know if that's ever going to be anything other than a running gag for everyone trained by Mike, but it's got a nice ring to it. We also decided that when we can get Mike his own Gym it's not just going to be "Papa Mike's"...it's going to be "Papa Mike's Reggae an' Boxin'."

Monday:

I've decided I'm going to do light workouts on Monday mornings to warm myself up for the Gym week.

- 2 mile run with weight vest.

- 9 minutes Shadowboxing with resistance tube.

- 30 ab-rollouts.

- 30 leg-lifts.

- 100 medicine ball twists with 15lb medicine ball (I got a new one, not sure if I mentioned it.)

Tuesday:

7:15am - Sprint work.

11am - Gym Time:

10 minute dynamic stretch.

3 rounds Shadowboxing.

4 rounds Heavybag. I noticed right away I was hitting harder with less effort.

3 rounds double-end bag.

3 rounds speed bag.

8pm - evening jam session:

(The following done with weighted vest)

6 minutes Shadowboxing with resistance tubes.

100 medicine ball throws.

60 push-ups, 30 vertical hands, 30 horizontal.

40 L-sit dips.

3 minutes farmer's walk.

3 minutes rope-skip, no vest.

Oh and here's Sharif beating the shit out of some other kid. This is probably what it looked like when he kicked my ass, only 3 liver shots ended it. But the difference in speed and the traps he sets, yeah.

7:15am - 3 mile run with weight vest.

11am - Gym Time:

Wanted to spar today but Mike showed up late. Basically put in the exact same workout I did yesterday, good thing I didn't spar, though because right in the middle of the double-end bag rounds I started to feel ill and lethargic. Not sure what was up with that but my stomach was killing me.

The good news is Dee sparred this other guy I've seen around the Gym and was beating the piss out of him. Another confidence booster as I can hang with Dee pretty good. I also took note of some things I hope to exploit the next time we spar.

Your boy Sharif "The Lion King" is real sharp man. Didn't even look like he was working that hard either.

whats good around these parts, kid?
hope all is well...haven't heard much from this area lately. just making sure you haven't started knocking people out without sharing.

the jab that gave the guy jello legs. that is a mothherfucking perfect jab. the feint that he set it up with is what totally fucked his opponent over.

shariffs step-in jab is ridiculous. he looks like a human gazelle the way he leaps in fiercely and lands in balance.

the only big flaw i saw clearly was his right hand. he overcommits and his rear foot is up on its toes, and that throws his rear leg forward to compensate for all the momentum, then hes totally square to the guy. his opponents didnt capitalize on it, but an elite fighter would yada yada yada

anyway, watching that shit really motivated me to get my step-in footwork like his. it made me realize that i havent even specifically practiced on stepping in with my jab in a while.

Liu = MIA? I did see a guy that looked like him in Mayweather/Marquez 24/7 but he was on team marquez. So I doubt its him.

Liu = MIA? I did see a guy that looked like him in Mayweather/Marquez 24/7 but he was on team marquez. So I doubt its him.

That would of been cool if true, but I doubt KK would keep us in the dark about something like that. He still posts on the other account so I'm sure he would of said something if that were true.

As sad as it is, this log is now pretty much dead... :icon_sad:

KK at least could have posted one last post here so that everybody who keep checking this log, know that that`s it, and there will be no more news from him here. It`s pretty disappointing to chek it at least twice every day and see that nothing have changed. Well that`s the way it goes I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back