A sign that UFC is leaving Fox? THR reports Fox close to deal with WWE's Smackdown

Whatever the deal is, I'm kicking myself in the ass right now for not investing in WWE when it was $7 a share lol.

One is FOX & the other is USA. Big difference in payscale.
I agree with your point though
I think it could be closer to $250-300m too, but it is not $475m

yeah 475m for just raw seems crazy.

Is it just me, or does $150 million seem on the low side?

For 15 events, it is $10m per
if you combine both it is $300m for 30 events & to distribute FP (along with FP)
The difference is nothing (as of now) will be on broadcast (like Fox).
UFC is making more per content than WWE is & WWE are on Fox 104 hrs a week.

I said the bottom line they would get is $300m per
With declining ratings/interest in UFC/MMA I'd say they did as good as they could.

For 15 events, it is $10m per
if you combine both it is $300m for 30 events & to distribute FP (along with FP)
The difference is nothing (as of now) will be on broadcast (like Fox).
UFC is making more per content than WWE is & WWE are on Fox 104 hrs a week.

I said the bottom line they would get is $300m per
With declining ratings/interest in UFC/MMA I'd say they did as good as they could.
My rationale for thinking it's on the low side is comparing the new deal ($150 million) with their previous deal at Fox ($100 million). I mean, I'm not surprised given how the UFC gave Fox such weak cards after the honeymoon phase, but the new deal has to be far off from what the UFC wanted, right?

My rationale for thinking it's on the low side is comparing the new deal ($150 million) with their previous deal at Fox ($100 million). I mean, I'm not surprised given how the UFC gave Fox such weak cards after the honeymoon phase, but the new deal has to be far off from what the UFC wanted, right?

They always were going to settle for $300m from one suitor.

But the $300m deal is for 30 events (plus the added content)
How you break it down is weird because we don't know exactly how much content Fox was asking for the different $175-250m offers.

Liberals prefer MMA, Republicans prefer professional wrestling. Is normal.

They always were going to settle for $300m from one suitor.

But the $300m deal is for 30 events (plus the added content)
How you break it down is weird because we don't know exactly how much content Fox was asking for the different $175-250m offers.
And when you add in PPV that means we're stuck with over 40 watered down cards...

1E2dNBj.gif

And when you add in PPV that means we're stuck with over 40 watered down cards...

1E2dNBj.gif

Odds are
But we don't know about PPV yet
If they still do 12, I think that is a horrendous decision on their part

Ur right. Except..

After the superstar shakeup, most of the crap went to raw and several of the mid/top guys went to SD. It's almost, if not, evened out imo
Its the smackdown six 2.0

Odds are
But we don't know about PPV yet
If they still do 12, I think that is a horrendous decision on their part
As a fan I wish they just did 24 events per year, all on a single television network. A paywall like PPV and too many events will always limit the growth of MMA.

As a fan I wish they just did 24 events per year, all on a single television network. A paywall like PPV and too many events will always limit the growth of MMA.

Too much money in decent size PPV cards now to do that
6 events a year makes financial sense & is a good mix for the next 5 years.

Too much money in decent size PPV cards now to do that
6 events a year makes financial sense & is a good mix for the next 5 years.
If the UFC had limited themselves to 24 events per year when they first signed with Fox, with 12 PPVs and 12 Fox cards, and had actually invested in building up the value of their television cards, don't you think that they could've gotten a huge deal for all 24 events come 2018?

I guess from a business perspective I see why going to ESPN makes more sense, but after ESPN tried to bad mouth the brand with the whole fighter pay scene they pulled, it's kind of sad how they would just leave Fox after Dana was bragging it was the biggest and best deal the UFC ever had.

If the UFC had limited themselves to 24 events per year when they first signed with Fox, with 12 PPVs and 12 Fox cards, and had actually invested in building up the value of their television cards, don't you think that they could've gotten a huge deal for all 24 events come 2018?

Tough to gauge.
Seems like networks love content.
Look at WWE
The ratings & interest fell a lot n the time span of the last deal but since they do 260 hrs of new prime-time content a year, they got a huge raise

I guess from a business perspective I see why going to ESPN makes more sense, but after ESPN tried to bad mouth the brand with the whole fighter pay scene they pulled, it's kind of sad how they would just leave Fox after Dana was bragging it was the biggest and best deal the UFC ever had.
2_dana.jpg

Back