A shark is tied to a boat and dragged through water... *Graphic Content*

How did they manage to 1) find a shark 2) tie it to a rope. Douches aren't known for their persistence. I suspect something like this happened:

A) They found a shored shark. They tied it to a rope to "rescue" it. Hence the guy's comment in the video about how it's almost ready to come off.

B) Shark got tangled in the rope somehow.

Being the internet, it's really hard to tell if you're serious.

Ok some of you are just awful fucking people and part of the reason so many species are going extinct. Just because you're scared of something doesn't mean you get to be cruel or torture it. Just because you don't understand an animal doesn't mean you get to wipe it off the face of the planet. Sharks are some of the most important creatures in the sea.

Killing something or standing behind torture of a creature you don't like doesn't make you manly or tough. It makes you weak as fuck, it takes a lot more balls to try and save something than to just kill it.

This is exactly correct. However, the one species I wouldn't mind disappearing are mosquitoes. I don't know what beneficial purpose they serve except to be annoying and spread disease.

How did they manage to 1) find a shark 2) tie it to a rope. Douches aren't known for their persistence. I suspect something like this happened:

A) They found a shored shark. They tied it to a rope to "rescue" it. Hence the guy's comment in the video about how it's almost ready to come off.

B) Shark got tangled in the rope somehow.
I'd say they've caught the shark hit it with the smokey (gun) and dragged its carcass

This is exactly correct. However, the one species I wouldn't mind disappearing are mosquitoes. I don't know what beneficial purpose they serve except to be annoying and spread disease.

Yeah exactly this 110%.

My 2yo daughter has a horrible reaction to mosquitoe bites and drives us crazy having to wrap her up while outside during the summer....My poor bebes :(

Yep, much less humane than dragging it slowly to its death like usual. /fakeoutrage

I'm upset that this happened to any animal but less upset that it happened to a ruthless killer like a shark who would tear an innocent person apart

Only assholes enjoy torturing an animal though

Florida gonna Florida again...

Warning: Graphic content

A SICKENING video showing a shark being dragged at high speeds behind a boat filled with a group of men as sparked outrage online.

An investigation into the horrific footage is underway by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), though the exact time and place it was filmed is uncertain.

In the video the men can be seen laughing and seeming to enjoy watching the shark being brutally flung around the water, appearing to be attached to the boat by a roped tied around its tail.

Who gives a shit. Do you cry when you see a spider smashed too? Those fucking things are dumb and cold blooded, there's no thoughts going on there besides eat swim eat swim. Finding nemo isnt real pal.

Sharks kill less people than bees. Don't understand the irrational fear, you people do know Jaws was a movie right?

correct me if i am wrong, but are they not essentially "drowning" and/or asphyxiating the shark, since sharks need to swim in order to breathe?

Most shark species breathe by swimming with their mouths open which allows the water to pass over the gills. Some sharks like nurse, angel and lemonsharks have strong neck muscles that pump water over the gills, allowing the shark to breathe while resting on the ocean bottom.​

Do Sharks even feel pain?

Not saying it's right, but can't say I have much empathy for sharks or fish.
Fish have incredibly sensitive nervous systems. That's one of the reasons sharks and other carnivorous fish are great hunters. They feel the ripple effects of nearby prey. To the people saying it is a killing machine it is killing for food. These assholes are killing for shits and giggles. SMH...

messed up man

I'm as scared of sharks as the next guy, but they don't deserve this type of treatment

I would be triggered if it was done to a mammal, bird or reptile. I don't feel much for insects or fish but still thats quite cruel of them

Ok some of you are just awful fucking people and part of the reason so many species are going extinct. Just because you're scared of something doesn't mean you get to be cruel or torture it. Just because you don't understand an animal doesn't mean you get to wipe it off the face of the planet. Sharks are some of the most important creatures in the sea.

Killing something or standing behind torture of a creature you don't like doesn't make you manly or tough. It makes you weak as fuck, it takes a lot more balls to try and save something than to just kill it.
people = shit

I go fishing and rip the hooks out of a fishes mouth when they swallow it, I've cut up small fish that I catch and use them as bait or toss them on ice where they die. I consider a shark a big fish, so this doesn't bother me.

giphy.gif

correct me if i am wrong, but are they not essentially "drowning" and/or asphyxiating the shark, since sharks need to swim in order to breathe?

Most shark species breathe by swimming with their mouths open which allows the water to pass over the gills. Some sharks like nurse, angel and lemonsharks have strong neck muscles that pump water over the gills, allowing the shark to breathe while resting on the ocean bottom.​

Try sticking your head out of the window and breathe going 100mph

so essentially what these guys are doing would be the equivalent of putting an oxygen mask on the ol shark.

MYoNk.gif

Sharks kill less people than bees. Don't understand the irrational fear, you people do know Jaws was a movie right?

Seriously, fuck off. Just because people aren't killed by sharks it doesn't mean that people aren't attacked by sharks. There's nothing irrational about being afraid of top predator when you're in their element (the water).

Edit: All of this being said I have no idea what's going on in the video OP posted. We'll see what happens when the investigation is concluded.

Back