Opinion A revised list of Trump's difficulty with the truth

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
"I'm going to tell you what I really think of Donald Trump. This man is a pathological liar and he doesn't know the difference between truth and lies."
Ted Cruz

"The President has a great deal of difficulty with the truth. On many issues." ~ Corker

I previously had a thread focusing on why he lies so much; this thread is about the lies themselves.

Important to note: this isn't about another president. Regardless of what you consider to be a lie coming from someone else, this thread is about Donald Trump's long history of lies. To quote the man and discuss those quotes. If you want to discuss Obama's lies for example, start a thread and we can focus on that.

I'll start us off with a few that are obvious and easy to call bullshit. John Miller is my old favorite.

John Miller: "But he treated his wife well and he treated — and he will treat Marla well. He’s somebody that has a lot of options, and, frankly, he gets called by everybody. He gets called by everybody in the book, in terms of women."

Interviewer: Like who?

John Miller: "Well, he gets called by a lot of people."

"If I decide to run for office, I'll release my tax returns. Absolutely. I'd love to do that..." 2014

Still hasn't and likely never will.

But: "Mitt (Romney) has to get those tax returns out."

This is my new favorite.
"Maybe there is no hacking. But they always blame Russia. And the reason they blame Russia because they think they’re trying to tarnish me with Russia. I know nothing about Russia. I know—I know about Russia, but I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don’t deal there. I have no businesses there. I have no loans from Russia."
- Oct 10, 2016

There was indeed a deal in the works for a Trump Tower Moscow with plans to give Putin the penthouse.

"The Democrats want to invite caravan after caravan of illegal aliens into our country. And they want to sign them up for free health care, free welfare, free education, and for the right to vote."
-Absurd, self serving hyperbole. No Democrat has said or indicated they want this straw man, in any way.

Share your favorites, there's lots to choose from

The largest inauguration ever claim and then the alternative facts gaffe that followed. A hollow and bald faced lie then a truly pathetic defense of it.

"I don't remember much about that meeting, it was a very unimportant meeting, took place a long time... I don't remember much about it."

Granted that this could be true and he genuinely doesn't remember.
But the alternative is that he's dumb and (conveniently) forgetful.

"One of the great memories of all time"

"(Under the North America free trade agreement) we lost millions of jobs."

Bull fucking shit.

"96% of (Google news) results on "Trump News" are from National left-wing media."
<{hfved}>

Back