A Quiet Place vs Don't Breathe

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two horror movies dealing with tense situations where protagonists have to stay quiet. Which one was better?

Don't Breathe was alright.

A Quiet Place was an instant classic.

This one scene (the precious metals heist from HEAT) >>>>> both of those movies combined

(timestamped, fullscreen that shit & enjoy)

Don't Breathe was about POS kids being sorry and need'n to be dealt with.

Quiet place had too many logical holes in it to be all that.

I watched Don't Breathe on my iPad while on the train to Boston and saw A Quiet Place in the theater when it came out. The free movie while on the train was much more enjoyable. They're probably equally decent films but paying 17.50 to watch A Quiet Place just wasn't worth it. I would have enjoyed it more on streaming.

A Quiet Place by a landslide.

Thought dont breathe had intensely better suspense. A quiet place had a better concept.

Enjoyed dont breathe more.

Quiet place had too many logical holes in it to be all that.

We sat and watched that as a family and at the end of it were like " That was wrong , why didn't they kill them there, etc. "

Good concept but plot holes.

Dont breathe is way too fantastic, a group of white thieves robbing houses in Detroit?

Thought dont breathe had intensely better suspense. A quiet place had a better concept.

Enjoyed dont breathe more.

Head to head, I agree with this. Don’t Breathe was schlock, but it knew it was, and so it ended up at least being highly enjoyable schlock. Far from perfect, but still lots of fun. Whereas A Quiet Place tried to pass itself off as some kind of high art, but it was so full of so many holes, it just sank and pissed me off in a hundred ways.

Liked both movies but A Quiet Place was better. Really had me on edge a few times

Head to head, I agree with this. Don’t Breathe was schlock, but it knew it was, and so it ended up at least being highly enjoyable schlock. Far from perfect, but still lots of fun. Whereas A Quiet Place tried to pass itself off as some kind of high art, but it was so full of so many holes, it just sank and pissed me off in a hundred ways.
After the reveal, you might as well turn it off.

Quiet Place by a large margin imo. Don’t breathe was stylish and entertaining as a sort of roller coaster movie where you’re always on the edge of your seat. But at the end of the day all the characters are enormous pieces of shit.

A Quiet Place moved too slowly to keep me entertained. I kept clicking forward to find some sort of action. Don't Breathe was the more entertaining of the two - it also had good suspense, but moved at a brisk pace. Not to mention, the 'bad guy' was more vulnerable, rather than practically being a force of nature.

A Quiet Place is overrated as fuck.

Don't Breathe isn't amazing by any stretch but I had a lot of fun with it.

I enjoyed both movies, but Don't Breathe gets the edge just slightly.

Back