A Quiet Place (2018 Horror)

If you’ve seen it, how did you rate it?

• Total voters
I really liked the fireworks idea too. It was clever like you said, and it was a pretty cool visual.

I noticed that someone mentioned that they didn't really care for the characters, but I was pretty bummed when John's character died. I thought the others were okay too, definitely didn't dislike them. There's only so much you can do in an hour and a half, especially when you have to focus on creating scares and tension as well. John is a really talented dude.

Apparently Krasinski has made three films, but his first two didn't really land with critics (RT scores in the 40s). So it's good to see him get a hit.

The direction is something that really stood out to me: The framing of certain shots, camera movement, the way the sound would cut out when visiting the daughter's POV, the overall vibe created by the visual look of the movie and the production design.

I'll be curious to see what he comes up with next.

Apparently Krasinski has made three films, but his first two didn't really land with critics (RT scores in the 40s). So it's good to see him get a hit.

The direction is something that really stood out to me: The framing of certain shots, camera movement, the way the sound would cut out when visiting the daughter's POV, the overall vibe created by the visual look of the movie and the production design.

I'll be curious to see what he comes up with next.

Whatever he does next I hope its not a sequel to this movie

How the movie ended would set up a radically different type of movie and I really have no interest in seeing it go that way

How the movie ended would set up a radically different type of movie and I really have no interest in seeing it go that way

Yeah, I'd probably agree with that.

Then again, you didn't like this one, so maybe something different would work for you?

Hey btw, and I dont think this question deserves a spoiler but the answer will..

I never saw a generator. How'd they have power?

My brother said they had solar panels, but I'm not sure if he's full of shit or not. Must have been not noticeable at all or I just somehow missed it.

You mean like an Alien/Aliens type change?

I'm thinking about going to see this tomorrow. If there's not a Jim Halpert looking into the camera and shrugging his shoulders moment, I'm gonna be pissed.

I just saw it and honestly it was kind of boring I give it 6/10. It had it moments but a lot of the
scenes seem to drag on longer than it needed to, not surprised about the creature weakness.

Last edited:
Just got jome from watching this. It kept my interest. Started out pretty good.

Overrated though. Kind of generic monster. If those things took out most of the world, the humans in that world are idiots.

Just got jome from watching this. It kept my interest. Started out pretty good.

Overrated though. Kind of generic monster. If those things took out most of the world, the humans in that world are idiots.

The monsters were badass.
* They are extremely fast

* They are strong

* They have long sharp teeth

* They have fucking adamantium like claws that can cut and tear through metal.

* They can swim under water

* They have indestructible armor covering entire body (this is the key right here)

* Have enhanced hearing to hunt

Now imagine an army of those fuckers suddenly appearing. Once the weakness is exposed they are cans, but I can easily see an army of those things taking out most of the world in a very short time. They would basically be an army of Xenomorphs with indestructible armor, longer sharp teeth, and Wolverine like claws. [/spoilers]

Last edited:
Going to see this tonight, can't wait, looks really good.

Synopsis: A family living out in the countryside has relegated themselves to living in total silence, along with the use of sign language, in an effort to hide from an unknown entity that thrives on sound.

I didn't see a thread on this so I thought I would do the honours. This looks creepy as hell, hopefully it doesn't go the same route as "It Comes At Night".

What was wrong with "It Comes at Night"?

Last edited:
The monsters were badass.
* They are extremely fast

* They are strong

* They have long sharp teeth

* They have fucking adamantium like claws that can cut and tear through metal.

* They can swim under water

* They have indestructible armor covering entire body (this is the key right here)

* Have enhanced hearing to hunt

Now imagine an army of those fuckers suddenly appearing. Once the weakness is exposed they are cans, but I can easily see an army of those things taking out most of the world in a very short time. They would basically be an army of Xenomorphs with indestructible armor, longer sharp teeth, and Wolverine like claws. [/spoilers]

IIRC they look almost exactly like the Stranger Things monster.

We’ve seen a large humanoid like creature where the face opens up many times. That’s why I said generic. I meant generic looking.

They had super hearing but were blind. They couldn’t even see Emily Blunt holding a squealing baby behind some water dripping.

Their armor was badass but a shotgun blast to the face kills them. Pellets dude.

Their hearing was an attribute and also their weakness. How quickly in the real world would we have figured out that if something has super hearing, that it would also be sensitive to certain frequencies. We do that with dog whistles. Probably not the same science but before most of the population was killed off I’m sure some scientist, doctor, engineer, weapons expert, or deaf girl would have figured it out.

I was also confused by how they mentioned there was only 3 of them. I assume just 3 in this area. But the only way I see them taking out most of the world is if their was millions of them and they coordinated a simultaneous attack of major cities all around the planet.

Fast, strong, sharp teeth, and can swim underwater just don’t separate them from most badass monsters in movies.

I wasn’t impressed by them.

IIRC they look almost exactly like the Stranger Things monster.

We’ve seen a large humanoid like creature where the face opens up many times. That’s why I said generic. I meant generic looking.

They had super hearing but were blind. They couldn’t even see Emily Blunt holding a squealing baby behind some water dripping.

Their armor was badass but a shotgun blast to the face kills them. Pellets dude.

Their hearing was an attribute and also their weakness. How quickly in the real world would we have figured out that if something has super hearing, that it would also be sensitive to certain frequencies. We do that with dog whistles. Probably not the same science but before most of the population was killed off I’m sure some scientist, doctor, engineer, weapons expert, or deaf girl would have figured it out.

I was also confused by how they mentioned there was only 3 of them. I assume just 3 in this area. But the only way I see them taking out most of the world is if their was millions of them and they coordinated a simultaneous attack of major cities all around the planet.

Fast, strong, sharp teeth, and can swim underwater just don’t separate them from most badass monsters in movies.

I wasn’t impressed by them.

They weren't my favorite monster/alien ever by any means, but their design was interesting to me. They were like a hybrid of many monsters/aliens in one. Their face didn't open up like the Stranger Things monster. It was just covered by multiple plated armor. Blunt's character was only able to shoot it in the face bc the armor plates were pulled back due to being negatively effected by their weakness. I also liked how they moved and the sounds they made.

The baby's low crying was muddled by the water, but the alien definitely heard it. They were about to be dead, but a louder sound happened which it immediately reacted too.

I do agree we would of figured them out very quickly. Much quicker than in the movie. Once we figured out they were blind and use sound, I don't think it would be long before that weakness is discovered. So perhaps a couple of weeks maybe. That still wouldn't stop a lot of the population being killed in the initial attack, depending on how many there are.

Cities and Urban areas are loud, so they would probably be the first target. And since most people live in urban areas, a good portion of the population would be fucked. People (like this family) who live in very small towns or the country would have the best shot at surviving the first attack.

What makes these monsters/aliens interesting to me is how much they would change life. I could imagine living in a world with a lot of different monsters (some which would appear on the surface to be more terrifying), but the fear these bring would be next level. I have a bad habit of popping my knuckles without even thinking about it. I'm probably fucked. What if you snore? Fucked. Hell, you could be walking and accidentally blow out a fart. Fucked. There's so many small things that would be impacted.

why don't they just move
Because the problem isn't where they live, the problem is the NSA, Social Network data collection, political correctness, and censorship.

edit: or maybe crippling social anxiety

This movie is tracking a bigger 3 day opening than Ready Player One

Made me smile when I read that shit

Didn't you say you thought this movie sucked?

Yeah I thought it was terrible

I wanted to like it though, its an original idea and something different than normal compared to RPO which has no original idea';s

I'm glad its doing well. Shows that original ideas exist and can make money still

Back