A question about motorcycle culture

Piney did ok with a trike, although I suspect Opie was embarassed by it.

Bike culture is gay. I own 4 motorcycles.

I agree, and I own zero motorcycles.

Also, what’s with all the Nazi iconography in Harley Davidson shit - iron crosses, The Eagle’s Nest, the SS logo, etc?

It's not just your area (unless you live near me). These fucking dentists have the mindset that if it's not a Harley (a dying brand), its not a "real bike". Fuck Harley and fuck the assless chap wearing soccer dads that ride them.

Nothing wrong with a Harley . I have ridden all kinds of bikes.

I know possers that ride HD and sport bikes ( the kind that dress for a race every time they go out).

I know riders that just like to ride and ride all kinds of bikes.

And I know all kinds of bikers from RC people to 1%ers.

I don't wear chaps unless it's real cold to try and stay warm others wear them for protection the same as leather jackets.

HD's are going to go up and down. It will be better when the yuppie crowd gets tired of them totally and goes back to the bikers.

Dude. That’s a lot of rules.

How many 1%rs are you going to be around to even care.

If you are around bikers and not a dumb ass you pick up on how things work in no time. The basic rule is just shut up and learn how things work or don't hang out there (biker bars and such).

Nothing wrong with a Harley . I have ridden all kinds of bikes.

I know possers that ride HD and sport bikes ( the kind that dress for a race every time they go out).

I know know riders that just like to ride and ride all kinds of bikes.

And I know all kinds of bikers from RC people to 1%ers.

I don't wear chaps unless it's real cold to try and stay warm others wear them for protection the same as leather jackets.

HD's are going to go up and down. It will be better when the yuppie crowd gets tired of them totally and goes back to the bikers.

Harley can bounce back if they stop this whole "appealing to the youth" kick they're on. Anyone who likes Harley's doesn't need a massive overhaul.

Harley can bounce back if they stop this whole "appealing to the youth" kick they're on. Anyone who likes Harley's doesn't need a massive overhaul.

You are right but they are still high and stupid on the whole yuppie biker money they were making.

They need to get back to their roots.

Last edited:
How many 1%rs are you going to be around to even care.

If you are around bikers and not a dumb ass you pick up on how things work in no time. The basic rule is just shut up and learn how things work or don't hang out there (biker bars and such).
Just saying, dude. Seems like those dudes are looking for a reason to get their jimmies rustled. My MMA gym has its its own subculture too, but as long as you’re not a dick, you’ll be just fine.

Just saying, dude. Seems like those dudes are looking for a reason to get their jimmies rustled. My MMA gym has its its own subculture too, but as long as you’re not a dick, you’ll be just fine.

It's the same with most bikers, it's all about respect.

The only time you are likely to run into trouble is like in your gym, if you are a dick.

The real "education" can start if some want to be bikers decide to start their own mortorcycle club. That is a 3 piece patch club. Then it becomes about territory and such. It can be a bit of a strange world to outsiders I was around patched members of various clubs and ride with some off and on for a while but never wanted the club life. So are good people some are ass holes.

All in all they leave people alone unless you want to mix in with them then you need to know how things work.

What about scooters? That’s gotta be no go in the bike community, right?

I've never seen a Hells Angel on a trike
HAMC%20KENT%20FYP%202015%20MOBILE%20(4).jpg

oda_0173s.jpg

oda_0166.jpg

oda_0163.jpg

A few years ago someone got me a shirt with a #1 like this on it. It doesn't say Harley but it's the same style.

iu

I don't ride on the street so I don't really wear it out when I go very many places because I don't want people asking me about riding. Anyway I'm at the gym like two weeks ago and this guy comes up to me and says nice shirt asks me if I ride. I tell him I don't have a street bike, just a dirt bike. So he asks me what I'm doing wearing the shirt and I'm like why do you even care? At this point, he extends out a "warning" to me. He's making it seem as if he's just being cool with me and letting me know for my own good but I can tell he's really butt hurt and just doesn't want me wearing the shirt.

So he proceeds to tell me that what I'm wearing is a 1%er shirt and that if a 1%er catches me wearing it and I'm not affiliated, that he will either make me take the shirt off or beat my ass. I'm like first of all dude, this isn't even close to a 1%er shirt. It's an old man shirt and I'm sure as hell not going to be removing it because some guy is butt hurt about it.

I'm an old school car guy and I think Harley's are bad ass but I can't stand most of the douche bags that ride them. Not a fan of most car guys either. They get offended as easily as SJW's do. They'll come tell me nice car and then comment on how the radiator isn't the right shade of black or some shit. That's why I just do my own thing. I like my Mopars, not because I think other people think they're cool but because I think they're cool. I couldn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks. When I get a Harley one of these days, I just want to ride it and do my own thing. I don't want to have to wave or associate myself at all with these thin skinned ass hats that think they're better than everyone else because they ride around on two wheels. Fuck em.

Right @Medulla Omoplata ?

A few years ago someone got me a shirt with a #1 like this on it. It doesn't say Harley but it's the same style.

iu

I don't ride on the street so I don't really wear it out when I go very many places because I don't want people asking me about riding. Anyway I'm at the gym like two weeks ago and this guy comes up to me and says nice shirt asks me if I ride. I tell him I don't have a street bike, just a dirt bike. So he asks me what I'm doing wearing the shirt and I'm like why do you even care? At this point, he extends out a "warning" to me. He's making it seem as if he's just being cool with me and letting me know for my own good but I can tell he's really butt hurt and just doesn't want me wearing the shirt.

So he proceeds to tell me that what I'm wearing is a 1%er shirt and that if a 1%er catches me wearing it and I'm not affiliated, that he will either make me take the shirt off or beat my ass. I'm like first of all dude, this isn't even close to a 1%er shirt. It's an old man shirt and I'm sure as hell not going to be removing it because some guy is butt hurt about it.

I'm an old school car guy and I think Harley's are bad ass but I can't stand most of the douche bags that ride them. Not a fan of most car guys either. They get offended as easily as SJW's do. They'll come tell me nice car and then comment on how the radiator isn't the right shade of black or some shit. That's why I just do my own thing. I like my Mopars, not because I think other people think they're cool but because I think they're cool. I couldn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks. When I get a Harley one of these days, I just want to ride it and do my own thing. I don't want to have to wave or associate myself at all with these thin skinned ass hats that think they're better than everyone else because they ride around on two wheels. Fuck em.

Fuck off mopar

It's not just your area (unless you live near me). These fucking dentists have the mindset that if it's not a Harley (a dying brand), its not a "real bike". Fuck Harley and fuck the assless chap wearing soccer dads that ride them.
this right here, most riders will wave, hell when I was a kid I had a honda 150 motor scooter (for some reason my parents thought the scooter was alright but a motorcycle was bad). I'd get waves from just about everyone, the only ones that normally didn't were some of the 1%ers and the ones that were weekend riders pretending to be 1%ers. These days the division seems to be a little more as people have become more tribal. The only one I ALWAYS see get a wave unless the person is a total joyless asshole is a guy that lives in my area that has an old harley with a sidecar and he drives around with his beagle who wears the an old WW I aviator cap and goggles. I personally feel if you don't wave to that guy and his dog, you pretty much suck.

iu

LMAO at that being a 1% shirt. That old fucker clearly had no clue what he was talking about, and I would have reduced him to tears right then and there when I laid into him about HIM misrepresenting his affiliations. I'd also explain to him about self defense, deadly force, and why I wouldn't get in trouble using it against known gang members if threatened with violence. What a fucking goof. I hate fake-know-it-all fucktards like that.

If it doesn't have the diamond and if you're not rocking 3-piece patches on your back, clubs do not give a single fuck. They're involved with real crime and calling attention to themselves by beating on civilians is not a priority. That stupidass old man has been watching too much Sons of Anarchy and reading online.

When you do get a Harley, try and get an FXR. They're the best bike they ever made.

LMAO at that being a 1% shirt. That old fucker clearly had no clue what he was talking about, and I would have reduced him to tears right then and there when I laid into him about HIM misrepresenting his affiliations. I'd also explain to him about self defense, deadly force, and why I wouldn't get in trouble using it against known gang members if threatened with violence. What a fucking goof. I hate fake-know-it-all fucktards like that.

If it doesn't have the diamond and if you're not rocking 3-piece patches on your back, clubs do not give a single fuck. They're involved with real crime and calling attention to themselves by beating on civilians is not a priority. That stupidass old man has been watching too much Sons of Anarchy and reading online.

When you do get a Harley, try and get an FXR. They're the best bike they ever made.

It reminded me of that video where that guy is telling that kid at the gas station to take off his sons of anarchy vest before he gets his ass beat. I'm like what Hells Angel is out there warning people while recording with an iphone? I'm sure that alone would get your ass beat back at the club. Of course these guys would get rustled if you were wearing some Hells Angels attire but they have more important shit to worry about than kids with sons of anarchy vests and guys wearing the Harley 1 on their shirts.

I left out the part where he spent about 5 minutes telling me how tough he was. He was doing it in a round about away to where he was just talking about beating other guys asses while still being cool with me...but I could tell it was his pussy way of trying to intimidate me. He wasn't even all that old. Maybe 40 at the most and still dressed like he shops at Pac Sun. You're spot on about these guys being losers.

Thanks I'll check out the FXR's. I really want an old school bike but I don't want to deal with them breaking down since I have to deal with enough of that with my cars.

It reminded me of that video where that guy is telling that kid at the gas station to take off his sons of anarchy vest before he gets his ass beat. I'm like what Hells Angel is out there warning people while recording with an iphone? I'm sure that alone would get your ass beat back at the club. Of course these guys would get rustled if you were wearing some Hells Angels attire but they have more important shit to worry about than kids with sons of anarchy vests and guys wearing the Harley 1 on their shirts.

I left out the part where he spent about 5 minutes telling me how tough he was. He was doing it in a round about away to where he was just talking about beating other guys asses while still being cool with me...but I could tell it was his pussy way of trying to intimidate me. He wasn't even all that old. Maybe 40 at the most and still dressed like he shops at Pac Sun. You're spot on about these guys being losers.

Thanks I'll check out the FXR's. I really want an old school bike but I don't want to deal with them breaking down since I have to deal with enough of that with my cars.
I have a 99 FXR2. I never have time to ride anymore. I'm lucky if I take her out every 3-4 months. Plug in a battery charger overnight and she cranks right up every single time and rides like a dream. Great bike.

The funniest part is, that him standing there and threatening you over that bullshit when he is obviously unaffiliated is actually something that could get his ass fucked up if he did it in front of real 1%ers or they caught wind of it. LMFAO at the idea that HD makes 1%er Tshirts. Holy fuck I wish that dude had said some shit like that to me in public.

When he was talking about beating people's asses I would have calmly and unimpressed asked him if any of his buddies had been shot in a parking lot for trying to fight with the wrong person yet. If he said no, I'd say "Hm - That's surprising."

With Harley, their best bikes are gone now. The fuel injected stuff works well, but requires a computer to work on and the wires and how they tuck them ruins the look of the bike - So I say stick with a carb. The FXR is the best frame they ever made, hands down. If you like to push the bike in corners and just rail hard, FXR is the one. Dynas came after, to replace it - and that would be my 2nd choice, I believe the last year they carb'd them was 1996 or maybe 1998 so that would be the one I'd go for there, but the FXR frame is stiffer and more sought after. With a Dyna you'd get a bigger motor, but I can mob 100-105mph for hours on my FXR as like a cruising speed which is absolutely fine for me. That, and you can always stick a bigger motor in an FXR frame, you can't make a Dyna frame perform like an FXR.

Both of these bikes are smaller than all these old-man couch baggers that most people are buying these days, but both can be easily equipped as touring bikes with removable bags and windscreens and shit.

Back