A positive, inspiring thread.

Sherbros, i see a lot of hate around here. Lets try to counter that by -

listing the name of a figher, and something about them or something they did that inspired or moved you.

My pick -
there's literally too many to name, but will get started with the first one that comes to my mind.

Neil Magny - got choked out by Maia, and asked him if he could attend his BJJ seminar to better himself. Showcased the perfect learning attitude, putting his ego aside completely. Made me respect him as a competitor, despite what his ceiling as a fighter is.

So lets hear from you guys. Will add more of mine as the thread progresses.

Sometimes i think of the diaz bros when im on a long run, specifically nick telling nate "just dont be a bitch"

Nog beating Bob Sapp made me start training bjj. I didn't watch the fight when it happened though. Only a few years later.

Nah I want you to elaborate. You guys are the plat nation sing your song bud don't get all shy on us now. Is there videos with him saying all the terrible things those mean old black guys did to him, or maybe an article on a website? I know you wouldn't just spout shit off like that just because you're a plat nation supporter, I mean you guys are all on the up and up right!!
Yes there are interviews where he mentions learning to defend himself young as he was targeted for being in the minority racial demographic at school.

Is mentioned here: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/fight-...d-through-rocky-patch-to-get-to-a-life-of-mma

Not a big fan of Dom's, but for him to come off that layoff and put that kind of performance on against TJ was truly inspiring.

Stipe being the heavyweight champ, whilst holding a full time job, and being humble and cool asf. What a G.

Daniel Cormiers life.

gustafsson lost to phil davis at ufc 112, went to alliance to train wrestling with davis.

Randy Couture, underdog against pretty much everyone he fought
Belfort, Maurice, Randleman, Rizzo, Chuck, Tito, Sylvia, Gonzaga... Randy fought against all of them for championships and beat them all at least once. Truly amazing

I was inspired by Teh Chris Weidman's dad. He made me want to become a good father

Jens Pulver, dude has a heart of gold, the only guy to make well up every damn time he fought, win or lose

Little fucker!

I was inspired by Gabe Rudiger getting his colonic.

gaberuediger.jpg

Good health starts in the colon.

Back