A positive, inspiring thread.

My old jiu-jitsu coach Lucio lagarto. Sure he was a world champion.
But he beat the shit out of and made it tap the fuck out.......cancer.!

Fuck you cancer..

20151018082833_1DX_3694.JPG

Honestly Platinum Mikes story is very inspiring to me. I have made bad choices before and Plat is living proof that hard work, dedication, and trying to better yourself everyday pays off. He lived in two pretty rough places despite America being one of the safer countries to live in, and chose to make something of his life instead of putting it off to the next day. Also, finding out Tatiana Suarez is a cancer survivor and seeing her absolutely dominate undefeated 13-0 fighter AT HER OWN GAME was hugely inspirational. And Nina Ansaroff this weekend also - she beat the brakes of Angela Hill and pretty sure she was not thefavorite to win. She showcased her skills very well. Ufc Norfolk was my first live ufc event, there were inspirational moments lots of them, guida knocking out lauzon and brown knocking out Sanchez and possibly not hanging up the gloves yet. And arlovski showing he still can compete, his five loss win streak was against some killers. Anyways those are my immediate thoughts. Awesome thread

Bisping beating Silva brought a tear to my eye. You could just see in the post fight interview just how much it meant to him.

Bryan Caraway inspired me,

I didn't think poor, ugly manlets could get decent snatch.

Hope for us all.

I would probably say that Mike Perry and José aldo have the greatest rags to riches stories in not just mma but all of sports. The way they overcame poverty, racism and crime to reach the top of the sport is super inspiring to me.

Mike Perry overcame racism LMFAO

Go on..

<Dany07>

When Hunt and Bigfoot hugged to start the 5th round of their first fight, I felt like I was watching the end of Rocky 1.

Sakuraba shown that you can drink hard be a chain smoker and still be one of the greatest. inspired me to start drinking and smoking.

White kid, black school. You do the maths.

Nah I want you to elaborate. You guys are the plat nation sing your song bud don't get all shy on us now. Is there videos with him saying all the terrible things those mean old black guys did to him, or maybe an article on a website? I know you wouldn't just spout shit off like that just because you're a plat nation supporter, I mean you guys are all on the up and up right!!

Sherbros, i see a lot of hate around here. Lets try to counter that by -

listing the name of a figher, and something about them or something they did that inspired or moved you.

My pick -
there's literally too many to name, but will get started with the first one that comes to my mind.

Neil Magny - got choked out by Maia, and asked him if he could attend his BJJ seminar to better himself. Showcased the perfect learning attitude, putting his ego aside completely. Made me respect him as a competitor, despite what his ceiling as a fighter is.

So lets hear from you guys. Will add more of mine as the thread progresses.

Maias response was also heart warming

Back