A positive, inspiring thread.

MMA fan93

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Sherbros, i see a lot of hate around here. Lets try to counter that by -

listing the name of a figher, and something about them or something they did that inspired or moved you.

My pick -
there's literally too many to name, but will get started with the first one that comes to my mind.

Neil Magny - got choked out by Maia, and asked him if he could attend his BJJ seminar to better himself. Showcased the perfect learning attitude, putting his ego aside completely. Made me respect him as a competitor, despite what his ceiling as a fighter is.

So lets hear from you guys. Will add more of mine as the thread progresses.

Mark Hunt staying in the game after losing 4 in a row and being offered money to retire. And there was a window there when he could have won the title.

Nate choking Conor changed my life...

Ken Shamrock being anxious to fight again once he has his knee replacement surgery done. That's a real fighter for you ;)

Wow didn't know that about Magny. Makes me respect the guy even more.

Cruz coming back after all those injuries inspired the fuck out of me

I don't have anything to contribute but I agree this place is ridiculously negative and we should all celebrate the sport and the fighter's we love

f9amIvd.gif

I would probably say that Mike Perry and José aldo have the greatest rags to riches stories in not just mma but all of sports. The way they overcame poverty, racism and crime to reach the top of the sport is super inspiring to me.

Darren Elkins tattooing Damage on his chest. Then proceeding to take a savage beating for 13 minutes and getting a KO the moment he found an opening.

I get moved when guys don't tap no matter what. Lots of fighters make the claim "i'm willing to die in there" few really are for reals.

I guess Bisping was last example who went out cold than tap.

gsp. sometimes shaving your head is the right thing to do

Also, Ben Askren having stood up to Dana and having success outside of the UFC. Despite the smear campaign.

Lyoto Machida is one of the prime examples of respect and sportsmanship in MMA. Although he has many great offensive moments, one that really stuck out to me and isn't mentioned all that often is when he held back on shots because he knew the fight was over.

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif

Most fighters would ere on the side of caution and just throw the ground and pound anyway because that's the best option to ensure the win, but Lyoto placed the safety of his opponent above securing the victory.

TS this very positive thread friend. I get inspire from Kelvin Gastelum when he beat Tim Kennedy because Kelvin was fat individual and Kennedy was bad individual with big muscles killing innocent people. It make me very happy when he get embarass by Kelvin and it make spirit of children that he kill, find peace in afterlife.

Bisping winning the title after 10 years in the UFC. There were many that doubted him.

Last edited:
Goran Reljic saved a couple people from drowning and really did not say much about it. The guy did not hesitate to do the right thing and help those people regardless of the personal risk. Much respect.

Darren Elkins tattooing Damage on his chest. Then proceeding to take a savage beating for 13 minutes and getting a KO the moment he found an opening.
Gave me the fucking chills man! Fuck yeah Delkins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back