A pint of blood weighs ~1 pound, are there any anecdotes of fighters drawing blood to make weight?

Thats extremely dumb, getting dehydrated and drawing blood just seems like a really bad combination. Great way to increase chances of CTE.

Dehydrating the fuck out of the body AND drawing out pints of blood, the day before a cage fight.

Sounds like a good way to die.

Kills your energy too. You'd have to be pretty retarded to begin with to do that.

never said it was a good idea. just wondering if it had ever happened.

Dern needs a C section to make weight, just put her guts on the snack table, she'll pick them up on her way out.

There was a guy(tough but upside down record) in my gym that had probably 15 pro fights before coming over. It was insane how someone with that much experience could be such a novice when it came to cutting. So after a couple fights( some of which he didnt make weight) he mentions that he donates blood to make weight sometimes. Plus he never even liked taking magnesium citrate so he wasnt even cutting waste. You cant replenish the blood in a day. You can replenish liquids and food. Cutting weight is a science, non of which should ever involve withdrawing blood for any reason.

Nothing remains on the snack table when Mackenzie Dern is around.
I'm not one to talk, I had a weigh in that had a buffet style set up back stage. I was loaded with pizza as soon as I got off the scale. Made 170 first tho

I remember someone talking about doing it before but I can't remember who it was.

Edit: lol Dern would have had to withdraw a whole gallon to make weight
Easier in WMMA...

TrollFace.jpg

Since you can't use IV's anymore I think this would not be allowed

You can’t just bleed before the fight.

highly doubtful. Losing blood does make you feel very weak and the body couldnt replace it all by the next day regardless of what you did after. And you realistically can only lose 1 pint safely so I can't see how it would ever be worth it.

If you have to start drawing blood to make weight you need to move up a weight class ffs

highly doubtful. Losing blood does make you feel very weak and the body couldnt replace it all by the next day regardless of what you did after. And you realistically can only lose 1 pint safely so I can't see how it would ever be worth it.
You wouldn't chuck away the pint of blood lol, you'd put it right back in after weigh ins.

Back