A pint of blood weighs ~1 pound, are there any anecdotes of fighters drawing blood to make weight?

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
with weight cutting on the front page again, has anyone ever heard of a fighter drawing blood to make weight? this could be especially valuable for championship fights

I remember someone talking about doing it before but I can't remember who it was.

Edit: lol Dern would have had to withdraw a whole gallon to make weight

Thats extremely dumb, getting dehydrated and drawing blood just seems like a really bad combination. Great way to increase chances of CTE.

Why not just jerk off a lot

You're right. All these guys are sitting on 6lbs of excess weight.

<{JustBleed}>

I don't think so. It'd be a really crap idea. You need red blood cells to carry oxygen. They take months for your body to replace.

That is bad very bad that could kill you.

It will kill!

Dehydrating the fuck out of the body AND drawing out pints of blood, the day before a cage fight.

Sounds like a good way to die.

I remember someone talking about doing it before but I can't remember who it was.

Edit: lol Dern would have had to withdraw a whole gallon to make weight
For some reason I think BJ but since he was so light at lw probably not.

with weight cutting on the front page again, has anyone ever heard of a fighter drawing blood to make weight? this could be especially valuable for championship fights

Really were down to potentially drawing blood to make weight..what about taking your job and training seriously and dieting properly or i dunno maybe move up a weight class if the only reason your winning is your weight cut or your relying on your weight cut to win then your just a shit fighter and more things to work on then just dieiting

Thats extremely dumb, getting dehydrated and drawing blood just seems like a really bad combination. Great way to increase chances of CTE.
Kills your energy too. You'd have to be pretty retarded to begin with to do that.

Back