A PED related question that involves USADA.

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can USADA really expect you to provide your 365 days a year whereabouts?

In countries like France where MMA is still illegal and boxing is far from popular, do USADA really have the ability to chase you down and have their representatives come knocking at a moments notice?

Better yet, imagine it wasn't even an established country like France or Germany, let's say you were somewhere a little more "off the grid" like Peru or Colombia. Do you really expect me to believe that those fighters get randomly tested year round?

I really don't believe the claims of validity and accuracy that are associated with USADA.

In countries like France where MMA is still illegal and boxing is far from popular, do USADA really have the ability to chase you down and have their representatives come knocking at a moments notice?

Better yet, imagine it wasn't even an established country like France or Germany, let's say you were somewhere a little more "off the grid" like Peru or Colombia. Do you really expect me to believe that those fighters get randomly tested year round?

I really don't believe the claims of validity and accuracy that are associated with USADA.

I'm pretty sure the various national anti-doping associations cooperate and can do the job for USADA if needed.

Why is that hard how many places do they travel ? they have a phone app and just put in the city they will be if they decide to travel, ain't that big of a deal to be honest plus you can fail it 2 times with no consequences.

"off the grid" like Peru or Colombia. Do you really expect me to believe that those fighters get randomly tested year round?

Of course the chances are way down for any tester to book that flight.. that's why some of them travel to this kind of remote locations.

You think someone is tracking down Francis in his village.

e8a.gif

USADA will go to all lengths to get their sample..

giphy.gif

well they make their testing results known. you can go here and see for yourself which athletes have been tested-

https://www.usada.org/testing/results/athlete-test-history/

I have talked about this. If you tell them, you are going to some village in the Congo to build schools and shelters, and you do all your doping and training while you are there, they will have a very difficult and expensive time tracking you there. There is no infrastructure over there.

Except, I don't think an athlete is willing to go to that extreme just to dope. Or are they? LOL

there was some WMMA fighter that USADA made a stink about dodging testing cuz the tester was afraid to goto her neighborhood in Puerto Rico lol then they make it known 'hey so and so didnt test, we need to test you yadda yadda' then the burden is on the fighter to show up somewhere and get tested.

But yea i imagine if you're in kuwait or chechnya or something they prolly aint gonna come test you.

USADA needs to go. Let them roid the fuck up!

I have talked about this. If you tell them, you are going to some village in the Congo to build schools and shelters, and you do all your doping and training while you are there, they will have a very difficult and expensive time tracking you there. There is no infrastructure over there.

Except, I don't think an athlete is willing to go to that extreme just to dope. Or are they? LOL
If you're name comes up they will come to you or meet you for your test, I think there is a time limit from the time the fighters chosen for testing to when the test has to be done or he's a no show and you only get so many of those

USADA needs to go. Let them roid the fuck up!
I don't understand people who think USADA is a good thing in such a brutal sport. USADA has no business in contact and collision sports. These athletes need the best in medicine and technology to help them maintain their bodies. I will hypothesize that USADA is actually against long-term health of contact and collision athletes.

I am ok with USADA in track-n-field where the athletes are only competing against themselves. However, in contact and collision sports, the athletes need the best in medicine and technology. Any ideology against this is simply barbaric and dangerous, and I will never sport it.

there was some WMMA fighter that USADA made a stink about dodging testing cuz the tester was afraid to goto her neighborhood in Puerto Rico lol then they make it known 'hey so and so didnt test, we need to test you yadda yadda' then the burden is on the fighter to show up somewhere and get tested.

But yea i imagine if you're in kuwait or chechnya or something they prolly aint gonna come test you.

Angela Magana? She said they were too scared, but they actually went to her house and she didn't answer the door.

If you're name comes up they will come to you or meet you for your test, I think there is a time limit from the time the fighters chosen for testing to when the test has to be done or he's a no show and you only get so many of those
I don't believe any human program is that good. Most people believe government and regulators are the some of the smartest people on Earth and have it all figured out, I don't. They are just people.

If your name comes up and you are in some jungle, you have a great excuse, and they will just have to test you when you return to civilization. I just don't believe an American athlete, who is used to being comfortable, will go to country with minimal comfort for 6 months, just to dope and avoid USADA. LOL

I don't understand people who think USADA is a good thing in such a brutal sport. USADA has no business in contact and collision sports. These athletes need the best in medicine and technology to help them maintain their bodies. I will hypothesize that USADA is actually against long-term health of contact and collision athletes.

I am ok with USADA in track-n-field where the athletes are only competing against themselves. However, in contact and collision sports, the athletes need the best in medicine and technology. Any ideology against this is simply barbaric and dangerous, and I will never sport it.

Yep. It's naïve to think that these dudes recover from just eating healthy and dating whey protein or some shit. I don't even think that people realize that that's the main reason why most of these dudes take that shit, recovery. They just want to stand on the moral high ground and scream, "It's wrrroooooong!"

I don't believe any human program is that good. Most people believe government and regulators are the some of the smartest people on Earth and have it all figured out, I don't. They are just people.

If your name comes up and you are in some jungle, you have a great excuse, and they will just have to test you when you return to civilization. I just don't believe an American athlete, who is used to being comfortable, will go to country with minimal comfort for 6 months, just to dope and avoid USADA. LOL
You almost sharedan your own question "they will just have to test you when you return to civilization."
They probably give you X amount of time to get to a convenient meeting location.
I worked for a place that did random drug tests, they called and I had to get to their Dr office and do a piss test and breathalyzer by a certain time. It is optional for the fighter, they can contact for another business if they can't handle it (Diaz)

You almost sharedan your own question "they will just have to test you when you return to civilization."
They probably give you X amount of time to get to a convenient meeting location.
I worked for a place that did random drug tests, they called and I had to get to their Dr office and do a piss test and breathalyzer by a certain time. It is optional for the fighter, they can contact for another business if they can't handle it (Diaz)
You are probably right. However, in certain parts of the world, whatever convenient meeting location they can give you, could take a month to organize, by then the cycle is complete, and you are ready for the test.

Convenience is not a luxury in certain parts of the world. You need months to organize safe passage and travel. I don't think any athlete wants to dope so bad, he is willing to go to these extremes. LOL

Yes,

They've been doing it for years now using distanced-accredited labs and also a malicious app that goes onto fighters phones and tracks their locations.
The phone app does not track their location

You are probably right. However, in certain parts of the world, whatever convenient meeting location they can give you, could take a month to organize, by then the cycle is complete, and you are ready for the test.

Convenience is not a luxury in certain parts of the world. You need months to organize safe passage and travel. I don't think any athlete wants to dope so bad, he is willing to go to these extremes. LOL
They don't arrange a convenient meeting location, that's not how it works

You specify in your whereabouts filings
1. Your overnight place of stay
2. Your usual place of work
3. Your all place of training

90% of testing occurs at wherever you have specified as your overnight place of stay

It's really not complicated for testers to turn up where you sleep

Back