A Look At Some of Cowboy's Stats, Not Bad for a So-Called Gatekeeper

If all UFC fighters had Cowboys mentality the UFC might be bigger than NFL dana talks about. In a world of 1 fight a year contenders and champs his 4 fight a year - year in year out is gold belt worthy.

What people dont get is if you fight you will lose so most records are largely inflated by cherry pickers and not fighting until 100% but cowboy dont play that and can beat anyone on a given night despite his record.

Last edited:
Hate all you want, I know RDA has his number... But the mma world world be sad without him. I give it up to anybody who puts their life on the line to entertain me. Donald goes out there to kill everytime. For that alone I can't discourage another run for the title; I wish him the best

Thank you for making an irrelevant point by throwing out the ubiquitous "calm down / triggered? / you mad?" response of idiots everywhere. Truth is, you're a little bitch trying to sound like a big man on the internet.

I don't need you to define the scope of anything to me, loser boy. You're a pussy.

you sound like a 12 year old rage kid on xbox live

I think he's always been a solid fighter, has a decent skill level everywhere and always has. It's just that his game hasn't eveloved much, he's obviously getting more shop worn and older as time goes on, it's cayching uo with him. He will forever be a top ten guy, the ultimate gate keeper.

Tied with GSP and Bisping for most UFC wins (20)

Second most victories in UFC/WEC/PRIDE/Strikeforce (26) after Wanderlei Silva (27)

Tied with Vitor and Anderson for most stoppage victories in UFC (14)

Most stoppage victories in UFC/WEC history (18)

Third most stoppage victories in UFC/WEC/PRIDE/Strikeforce after Cro Cop and Wanderlei

Second most knockdowns in UFC history (17) after Anderson (18)

Most leg kicks in UFC history (315)

Most fight night bonuses in UFC/WEC bouts (18)

Third most fight night bonuses in UFC history (13) after Nate (15) and Joe Lauzon (15)

View attachment 343935

The guy is the embodiment of everything fans want in a fighter. Sucks that so many people around here don't give him any respect.
gets my respect, always been a fave of mine..
war cowboy.

I have a question for Cerrone fans? Has Cowboy ever come close to winning a title, Ala Alex gustafson? How can you say he's not a gatekeeper?

Nobody with multiple Top 10 wins, that fought for a title, should ever be called a gatekeeper.

That includes Cerrone.
And Forrest Griffin, Bisping, Nate Diaz, Benson Henderson, Eddie Alvarez, and many others.

before Conor id have said Nate Diaz was the epitome of a gatekeeper

smashes everyone outside top 10 but crumbles when it comes to top 5

Who on the commentating team called him Coron-ey?

He's been top 10-15 for years in some of the UFCs most stacked divisions. Name one other fighter who has been as active as him against top competition.

Maia had 27 UFC fights and he's been ranked in either MW or WW for a decade, also earned a title shot in both of those divisions.

He wasn't quite as active as cowboy, but Maia has had a bit more success.

Maia is awesome, though, so cowboy is in good company.

Back