A level athlete Greg Hardy gassed in 57 seconds

What’s gonna happen is Hardy will be beaten of coarse by his weaknesses. Cardio and lack of submission defense.

Do you guys remember when Mir caught Br
Feed Hardy to Tai Tuivasa.
Tuivasa would destroy him and do his little belly dance afterward

And?

I'd pay to see more of that shit.

People keep going on about him being an 'A level athlete' but American Football plays for like 30 seconds a time at best, wouldn't be surprised if his gas tank is shit.

30 seconds a time for 2 hours.

I also did the same, and weighed over 300 easy in high school (215 now, thank god).

Football doesn't require shit for cardio. Not even fucking close. 10 seconds of action (at most), 35-40 seconds of rest depending on when your part of the play is over.

I did wrestling after football and it was worlds apart. Football is easy. It requires physical attributes and practice at certain skills, but it's easy as fuck. Wrestling is perhaps the most physically/mentally demanding activity we've created as a species. Every practice was torture.

Lol u are a dumb mf.

People keep going on about him being an 'A level athlete' but American Football plays for like 30 seconds a time at best, wouldn't be surprised if his gas tank is shit.
It’s an Anerobic sport not an aerobic sport. Sprinting vs running.

I also did the same, and weighed over 300 easy in high school (215 now, thank god).

Football doesn't require shit for cardio. Not even fucking close. 10 seconds of action (at most), 35-40 seconds of rest depending on when your part of the play is over.

I did wrestling after football and it was worlds apart. Football is easy. It requires physical attributes and practice at certain skills, but it's easy as fuck. Wrestling is perhaps the most physically/mentally demanding activity we've created as a species. Every practice was torture.

<{Joewithit}>

They have like 10x the endurance and cardio though while still being pretty strong and explosive so yeah they are better athletes

Are 5k runners better athletes than elite sprinters? Lol of course not there just different. That’s a retarded argument. Rugby is far more aerobic. American football is very anerobic.

Yeah this is what it seemed like to me

He's been through kind of a lot and now he's got a chance at a second career on a big stage. That's a lot on his shoulders already, then you add in the fact he just won a fight in a minute by KO.

It's like some people here are actually machines and emotions don't exist for them

It used to be called Aspergers, now its just "on the spectrum".

All that sport requires is size, no wonder only americans like it LOL.

Yeah, all of those position players who run low 4s in the 40 yard dash are just really strong and have no other athletic abilities.

There are few things more amusing to me on Sherdog than know-nothing foreigners trying to disparage the level of athleticism in America football.

Last edited:
a 1 minute gas tank got Ngannou to a title fight (which he could've won too if he got lucky with a punch), so lets not act like you need 5 round cardio to succeed at HW.

Different types of sports need different types of cardio.

Even different combat sports need different types of cardio..

A quick example is Ghökan Saki.
He was breathing pretty heavy after his 1st round ko win...
And said that "MMA-Cardio" is way different than "Kickboxing-Cardio"...

It is all about the pace...

Are 5k runners better athletes than elite sprinters? Lol of course not there just different. That’s a retarded argument. Rugby is far more aerobic. American football is very anerobic.
Id say the rugby guys are a lot more balanced between the 2 extremes

Being an NFL level athlete doesn't automatically mean you'll be a good fighter:

An NFL guy is basically a 10 sec sprinter throwing a ball around,, he can't do anything woodley can do and would get wrecked.

If you want to make a fair comparison , now show me a clip of woodley wrestling with that guy or exchanging overhand rights together, otherwise you are showing a foot ball athlete that sprints for a living with huge breaks that can't hang with real sprinters/runners.
Football players are far more than sprinters.
That said Woodley did very well for a guy in his late 30s that trains mma

I remember when he tried to square up to me.

My reflexes and punches were naturally faster, my footwook was naturally better...My punches were naturally straighter...My chin was naturally tuck down and better....He was swinging like an idiot with his chin up.

Got em....and he got KTFO.....every since that day, A level athlete stayed in football like the pussy he is.
No one wants to read your fantasies.

Back