A level athlete Greg Hardy gassed in 57 seconds

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by M.Filipovic, Jun 14, 2018.

1. EmbraceTheGrind

EmbraceTheGrind Orange Belt

Those guys put on a serious amount of muscle mass outside of Stipe and Romero. and Stipe has good cardio for a HW. and Romero is a freestyle wrestler which is less cardio intensive than folkstyle.

MrDaneBrass likes this.
  2. keylock21

keylock21 Purple Belt

He's been through a lot? Who's fucking fault is that? And he's LUCKY he's getting a second chance. I don't give 2 shits how good he gets and I know it doesn't really matter what I think but I'll never watch him fight.

gevoudane and Johnny_Knuckles like this.
  3. jptmma

jptmma Blue Belt

so much muscle...

[​IMG]

TheGZA, Matty da Ranga and Fedor>Cain like this.
  4. dre quinn

dre quinn Blue Belt

Dude can cut some weight it looks.

5. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Adrenaline dump bro

6. awymore

awymore Brown Belt

It's actually closer to 7 seconds and then 25 second play clock in between plays.

MrDaneBrass likes this.
  7. Local Plata

Local Plata Hitchslap Belt

Pre-draft measurables:
    Ht | Wt | 40-yard dash | 10-yd split | 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert jump Broad BP Wonderlic
    6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) | 281 lb (127 kg) | 4.79 s | 1.67 s | 2.82 s | 4.62 s | 7.13 s | 36 in (0.91 m) | 10 ft 1 in (3.07 m) | 21 reps | 6
    All values from Mississippi Pro Day[10]

Jackie Blue and X Factor like this.
  8. Skeptic_Zero

Skeptic_Zero Yellow Belt

Stipe has some of the best cardio in HW. Dude beat down Ngannou for 5 rounds. Weidman's cardio is fine. Gaethje doesn't even wrestle, and despite that his cardio is fine considering his output. Woodley and Romero aren't bad in that department either.

Who would've thought that endurance was sport specific? Oh wait, everyone knew that, except for you apparently.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  9. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Geodor GemeSianenPo

All that sport requires is size, no wonder only americans like it LOL.

ChefC, noc, Werdun and 7 others like this.
  10. Erratic

Erratic Purple Belt

Greg hardy himself said that he's never met guys that have gas like MMA guys have while working like they do.

I don't think people realize how athletic alot of the athletes we have are in mma in the way they can move their body naturally and push a high pace with alot of explosive stuff mixed in. Alot of athletes would lopk pretty terrible in yhe cage, it takes alot of unique attributes.

Hoping he does well in MMA

noc, X Factor and TheGZA like this.
  11. kflo

kflo Gold Belt

Hardy gasses when taking a dump.

drazco and M.Filipovic like this.
  12. jptmma

jptmma Blue Belt

If wrestling is so demanding physically and mentally they should be doing circles around guys who aren't wrestlers.

Perhaps Cain is the only wrestler known for having great cardio.

ncsibiryak likes this.
  13. gaspam

gaspam Orange Belt

i take it you beat your girlfriends too then? yeah let's feel sorry for the poor guy, I mean he was making millions and abused his girlfriend multiple times and then got in trouble for it and then after he got in trouble for cocaine but you are right, we should feel so bad for him.... and while we are at it lets feel bad for ted bundy too

Kirin and NILLI like this.
  14. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

you can have great cardio but not pace yourself properly as a result of not following your game plan, adrenaline, whatever. It's as much mental as it is physical

15. Erratic

Erratic Purple Belt

An NFL guy is basically a 10 sec sprinter throwing a ball around,, he can't do anything woodley can do and would get wrecked.

If you want to make a fair comparison , now show me a clip of woodley wrestling with that guy or exchanging overhand rights together, otherwise you are showing a foot ball athlete that sprints for a living with huge breaks that can't hang with real sprinters/runners.

Johnny_Knuckles likes this.
  16. BigDramaShow26

BigDramaShow26 Green Belt

300 pounds in high school. Football better have been easy for you or you have zero ability.

17. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

Hardy hasn't played an NFL down since 2015. He looked pretty soft compared to his football days tbh

MMA isn't like the NFL where you have strict guidelines set by your teams strength and conditioning coaches what your minimum workout regiment needs to entail to stay employed. You can do as much, or as little, as you feel like as an MMA fighter. You're an independent contractor. If you want to skip leg day you can do it.

MrDaneBrass, TheGZA and joeyjoejoe like this.
  18. TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle

TeenageMutantLesnarTurtle Blue Belt

For all the "OMG NFL superman" hyperbole, hes basically a big, slightly chubby dude who moves fairly well for his size and has heavy hands. Impressive for a beginner? yes, levels above other guys athletically (at least in an MMA environment)? no, even by the relatively low athletic standards of the HW scene.

Werdun likes this.
  19. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

I tried but I couldn't like it. its just not fluid enough. they play for 5 seconds and stop for 20s, it's really annoying. I will keep watching MMA and casually watching eu football. americans are lucky that today is starting the premier sports event in the world. they can actually see A level athletes playing

20. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

they require to sprint for 5~10s. these short bursts. that's the whole sport basically. while football players have to endure 90 min of play almost nonstop

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a20805366/the-distance-run-per-game-in-various-sports/

european football players run many more miles compared to the NFL ones. also, as this article says, in the 3 hours (?) of a game, the ball only runs for 11 min

noc likes this.