A letter to Pompeo about Brazilian elections. Fake or not?

SRN

SOCRATEEEES
@Silver
Reaction score
So I heard this afternoon that Pompeo was asked to help protect the elections in Brazil and I thought it was fake news. Now I'm not so sure anymore...

I can't find anything in English about it only in Portuguese (very credible sources btw)

screen-shot-2018-10-20-at-11-31-06.png

I know Rohrabacher is campaigning and that the US is busy with Saudi shit but man this kinda freaked me out. Is there a way to determine if this is fake or not?

It is odd, seems like it might be real. It could be a push to gain power by discrediting the opposition. I do know if there is any creditability to these claims.

We can't even fix our own elections with something as simple as paper ballots, the fuck do they think the US can do?!

So I heard this afternoon that Pompeo was asked to help protect the elections in Brazil and I thought it was fake news. Now I'm not so sure anymore...

Why would you be interested in this? Are you in Brazil or from Brazil? @Seaside and @Arkain2K have threads on this topic. Don't worry about (negative) outside influence in the Brazilian elections. Brazilians will manage to do that just fine on their own -- fuck things up. It is a corrupt country and culture. It has been fucked ever since the military left in 1985. Venezuela is now fucked and Argentina is also on its way to being fucked by the people and the corruption.

Only solution in my book is to bring the military back into power. I lived in Brazil when the military ran the country and when democracy ran the country. Trust me, democracy does not work in Brazil. Brazil made great strides forward under military rule - 1964 to 1985. The population is poor and uneducated. They think the people work for elected officials. Things are accomplished in 2 ways in Brazil: Money (bribery) and death (bullet). Americans won't be able to do anything. Iran and Hezbollah won't be able to do anything either. The blind leading the blind...

I know, and Maduro's VP has ties with Hezbollah. Pompeo mentioned Iran and Hezbollah were in Venezuela so things aren't looking good tbh. If Bolsonaro is elected it means no more money for Maduro. He must be desperate. Shit could get really messy.

Why would you be interested in this? Are you in Brazil or from Brazil? @Seaside and @Arkain2K have threads on this topic. Don't worry about (negative) outside influence in the Brazilian elections. Brazilians will manage to do that just fine on their own -- fuck things up. It is a corrupt country and culture. It has been fucked ever since the military left in 1985. Venezuela is now fucked and Argentina is also on its way to being fucked by the people and the corruption.

Only solution in my book is to bring the military back into power. I lived in Brazil when the military ran the country and when democracy ran the country. Trust me, democracy does not work in Brazil. Brazil made great strides forward under military rule - 1964 to 1985. The population is poor and uneducated. They think the people work for elected officials. Things are accomplished in 2 ways in Brazil: Money and death (bullet). Americans won't be able to do anything. Iran and Hezbollah won't be able to do anything either. The blind leading the blind...
I was born in Brazil, I have family living there. It concerns me.

Bullshit. Trying to foster support for a new wave of far right dictatorships in South and Central America.

Going in for Bolsonaro while trying to continue the aggressive posture and rhetoric towards Iran, and to a lesser extent Venezuela.

Rohrabacher is a jackass.

I was born in Brazil, I have family living there. It concerns me.

Yeah, so was I, and I have family there too...
Do you know who brought the military into power in Brazil in 1964? The rich oligarchy who made up 3% of the population. Do you know where they (the rich) are fleeing to today? Europe and the United States.

We can't even fix our own elections with something as simple as paper ballots, the fuck do they think the US can do?!
It was Rohrabacher that requested, not sure what he wants Pompeo to do. Maybe it's more to show the US is aware and is paying attention.

Yes, the United States should get involved in Latin American elections and support right-wing authoritarians. That has worked out so well for the hemisphere.

My take is that we should not even entertains the idea of touching this dumpster fire with a 10-foot pole.

Back