A.J. McKee vs. Henry Corrales Booked For Bellator 160

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Corrales has had a tough road in Bellator, but he has a good shot here vs. AJ McKee who is a good prospect but very green. Only 4 pro fights I believe? I don't think McKee is going to be able to get out of there as quickly as his other pro fights have gone, it's going to be interesting to see him go through some adversity and get his cardio tested.

Nice step up in competition, bellator is really starting to build up that division with the three old top fighters and lots of mid-level up and comers.
If Aj is going to beat any of the mid-level guys then he needs to be able to win over Corrales.
I would rather see more featherweight fights than fat heavyweights going at it.

Nice step up in competition, bellator is really starting to build up that division with the three old top fighters and lots of mid-level up and comers.
If Aj is going to beat any of the mid-level guys then he needs to be able to win over Corrales.
I would rather see more featherweight fights than fat heavyweights going at it.

No doubt about it
I hope Henry can get the W here

Yeah this is kind of a must win fight for his credibility unless AJ goes and becomes champ really fast.
He's had 3 really thought fights but a loss to 4-0 guy would banish him at the Titan graveyard with Brooks and Green and other skilled but cut fighters.

Bellator 160 has these fights so far:

Benson Henderson vs. Patricio Pitbull
Bubba Jenkins vs. Georgi Karakhanyan II
AJ McKee vs. Henry Corrales

I'm hoping they can add 2-3 more good fights for the Main Card.

Joey Davis one of those Wrestling prospects is supposed to make his pro debut on this card as well he trains out of The Body shop with Bubba and A.J

I think this will be McKee's first fight to go past the first round, predicting a second round stoppage victory for him. It'll be interesting to see how he'll deal with a guy that won't crumble fast or early.

Tough fight for AJ this early in his career, good to see him willing to step up and fight tough comp 4 fights into his career.

I think this will be McKee's first fight to go past the first round, predicting a second round stoppage victory for him. It'll be interesting to see how he'll deal with a guy that won't crumble fast or early.
Right, his last fight was a joke, his opponent has no business being in the cage... It wasn't competitive in the slightest

Great main event and two good first fights on main card, needs a good co main and one more decent mid card fight.

Great main event and two good first fights on main card, needs a good co main and one more decent mid card fight.
I wonder if Guillard and Daley would be up for a quick turnaround that would make a great co-main but will probably end up headlining its own event. Maybe they could get Justin Lawrence or John Salter fights for this card.

I'm looking forward to seeing that kid Djamil Chan back in Bellator, that dude has power.

Whoever manages Henry's career needs to be fired. If it's him making all these calls he's being foolish. Letting his ego get the best of him.

Dude came into it with some buzz but no real great wins yet. Took way to hard a fight, than lost to a solid Sanchez. But a guy whose never impressed me and never really stood out. Than takes that Pitbull fight, which he had no business taking.

Now instead of taking a step back and getting a bit of a tune up. He fights one of Bellators best prospects. Sure he's green but he's looked great.

And four losses in Bellator in a row? Kind of a death sentence for his career. For at least several years to come.

as

as much as we all like to bag on bellator for some of their less than stellar business decisions, i've always felt that their terrible matchmaking skills are what make most of their cards entertaining. Even if i don't recognize any names, i know typically at least 2 people are gonna get KTFO in the first.

Back