A history lesson on the McGregor clan and Conor's trash talk

I don't know about the history lesson, but I know Conor has said that McGregor is an Scottisch clan and not an Irish one. Also he said the name was banished, not the people, just like you said.

Bit of history surrounding this, mainly for the American McGregor fan boys who lap up Conor's talk.

McGregor likes to often claim and romantasice about his brave clan who fought off the 'English (British) Empire' from Ireland on the battlefield. First of all, they weren't even Irish. McGregor is a Scottish name.

His other claim is that they were banished by James IV. They weren't banished, but instead they were imposed sanctions, such as no longer being allowed to carry knives or travel in groups of more than 4. The name was later then banned and unable to be used.

The reason for this didn't have anything to do with the English or the British Empire either. They weren't fighting them at all and James IV was the King of Scotland. After years of looting, theiving and generally causing problems whereever they went, in the eally 1600's The McGregor clan barbarically murdered a large group of The Colquhouns, a fellow Scottish clan, including women and children.

The McGregors weren't brave Irish soldiers who stood up for their country against imperalism, next to their countrymen. They were petty criminals and thugs who butchered their own countrymen and were hated in their own country. They were the first of what the Scottish refer to today as 'neds'

main-qimg-829f09f5383354ddd4a97119910d084f

https://www.scotsman.com/news/when-the-name-macgregor-was-banned-for-150-years-1-4356229

This is awful “history lesson”. You don’t know anything about the clan so do yourself a favor and buzz off.

Actually, no it was not obvious. I still cannot believe people are pushing that bullshit agenda. Sonnen said quite a few things that were xenophobic, bigoted and way below the belt. If you excuse that type of talk, because you share the same opinions, fine. To act like Sonnen had no malicious intent with the shit that he uttered is revisionist history. MMA fans have a bad habit of trying to canonize jackasses.
Maybe it was just me but I never once believed Sonnen in his trash talk. I didn't think he really thought he was the MW champion when he carried that belt around or he really thought Brazilians feed carrots to buses. I'm a wrestling fan and seen through that shit pretty easily.

It's Conor's fault.

He gave us a Shitty History Lesson as a Trash talk.......He gave us some history lesson about Daegastan/Russia that nobody gave a shit about.

But now you're mad @ OP for doing exactly the Conor did at the press confrence? Except OP is actually stating facts.
Mad

LMAO

It's for comedic effect, hype , you taking it to heart just shows you're an easily triggered hater

Don't know why I bother replying to a known troll

Mad

LMAO

It's for comedic effect, hype , you taking it to heart just shows you're an easily triggered hater

Don't know why I bother replying to a known troll
It didn't add any comedy....It wasn't good shit talking...Nobody gives a fuck about Daegastan/Russian History....He failed miserably, using a shitty history lesson as shit talking.

I own you kid.

I appreciate your efforts @TheShockmaster

But you aren't telling the whole story

And you left out many key parts

You should spend more time researching

1. The McGregor clan did have scuffles/battles with the British. The Irish would take McGregors and force them into slavery. The McGregors did fight back.

The McGregors did do scumbag shit, like every other group in history, but they also did fight for freedom, and did have a noble cause against the British slave owners

2. The McGregors won many fierce battles and punched far above their weight.

3. You sound like you got your version of "history" from British school books. Of course British oppressors will rewrite history to their liking/choice

It's like believing in America's accounts of the war in Iraq ("but they had weapons of mass destruction. They were the enemy')

It didn't add any comedy....It wasn't good shit talking...Nobody gives a fuck about Daegastan/Russian History....He failed miserably, using a shitty history lesson as shit talking.

I own you kid.

Many people who aren’t shriveling in ghettos like you love a good history lesson.

Not everything in life is about giving you a chuckle.

In response to the execution of two MacGregor clansmen in the year 1603,Alasdair MacGregor marched into Colquhoun territory with a force of over four hundred men.
TS, u fookin rat

So, TS decided to post only the bad shit they have done and ignore things like this. Not suprised tbh.

I own you kid.
<Kobe213>

No idea if anything you said is even true but it fits my narrative so fuck Conor

LOL history on MMA forum. im impressed

So, TS decided to post only the bad shit they have done and ignore things like this. Not suprised tbh.
100%

I guarantee you he's British

The British always try to deny that the Irish were slaves, and that they were oppressors

And they have constantly tried to rewrite history on the McGregor clan and demonize them

Conor is not lying. The McGregor clan was some serious shit and they were instrumental to history

Genetically Conor was connected to something big and significant in history

Not only did TS ignore all the good, he mostly focused on their end too

I own you kid.
Failed. Yet, here you are and have been ever since dissecting and analyzing his every word. Conor is balls deep in your head 100% confirmed.

So pretty much McG's thuggish and criminal behavior goes way back to his scottish ancestors.

The more you know...

What his ancestors did should be absolutely irrelevant when talking about him anyway. But then again, he's the one who constantly brings them up, attempting to claim bragging rights of some sort. Well there goes that.

Actually, no it was not obvious. I still cannot believe people are pushing that bullshit agenda. Sonnen said quite a few things that were xenophobic, bigoted and way below the belt. If you excuse that type of talk, because you share the same opinions, fine. To act like Sonnen had no malicious intent with the shit that he uttered is revisionist history. MMA fans have a bad habit of trying to canonize jackasses.
With most of these cases in MMA, I'd agree, but Sonnen really is an exception here. Pretty much the only exception, to be precise. Yes the guy said some things that are more than questionable even when said as a mere joke, but he was always very transparent about his trash talk being that of a fake entertainment character that was not to be taken seriously, trying to make it as over the top and as obvious as possible so everyone understood he's just method acting to sell himself and his fights. His entire shtick was an exaggerated copy of those pro wrestling characters who will constantly insult the town, state or country (among other things) they're performing in to make the crowd boo them as the bad guy. Chael would stay in this role the entire time during his active UFC career, more often than not making fun of himself in ridiculous ways like when explained why he lost to Anderson or the talk about the mean streets of West Linn, Oregon, all while maintaining a straight face.

That's in no way comparable to the stuff guys like Conor or Colby did to insult their opponents' countries. Sure, their attacks might have also been nothing but a calculated move, but when there's no irony and no blatantly obvious character that's clearly detached from the actual individual playing that role, the complexion obviously changes.

This is awful “history lesson”. You don’t know anything about the clan so do yourself a favor and buzz off.

Nobody believes the drunk boy. He showed fear in the presser and now we know his own countrymen disowned his clan ages ago. It's no wonder he is a drunk and a coke head. The entire family has no place to call home but a conquered island of European rejects.

so if youre born in ireland and youre scottish...wait a minute you sound like a jackass now...

You do realize they are irish now... And now this wasnt their own people bein killed..

Even so you speak like this is 100 percent true but how much knowledge can anybody prove of an incident like this in the 1600s or know the actual reason why.... Ill stick to thier family story thats ben passed down gen to gen sorry bubba gump... Having indian background theres alot thats ben twisted in my family

Back