a guy creates an impressive video game by himself in the Unreal Engine

guard_passer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lost Soul Aside is an impressive one-person project from developer Bing Yang. Created in Unreal Engine 4, it takes some visual cues from the Final Fantasy series, though it looks to play more like Devil May Cry. It's gorgeous and looks like a game from a much larger team.

After speaking with a number of developers about turning his passion project commercial, Yang has announced via Twitter the game will be a timed PlayStation 4 exclusive.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...aside-is-a-timed-playstation-4-exclusive.aspx

Looks pretty cool, but I do hate the art style.

Looks pretty cool, but I do hate the art style.
Agreed. Looks very cool, but I can't stand when a man's voice comes out of a woman's body. What is it with the Japanese? Is every man on that goddamn island a closet drag queen?

Agreed. Looks very cool, but I can't stand when a man's voice comes out of a woman's body. What is it with the Japanese? Is every man on that goddamn island a closet drag queen?

I got in an argument with someone in the Nier thread over this issue. I said I was going to pass on the game in favour of Nioh for this reason, ie I can't get in to games with the Jpop shit. He didn't get it.

At least I'm not alone in hating the "jpop" style. The art otherwise looks cool but I'll pass.

I like the environments, but im not such a big fan of the character designs. Combat looks fast and fluid though.

thats cool. but are you not impressed with what this guy was able to create by himself, with no team?
I'm very impressed, like I said, the gameplay looks pretty cool. I just hate the art style.

Impressive, but, as has been said above, the art style is not to my liking. I also massively hate brightly colored sword traces.

I remember a thread about this project last year. Amazing what one person can create and I believe he's only working on it in his spare time. I agree about the art design though.

Back