A good message for the young guys..

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For the younger guys trying to figure out finances and the future. I have been watching this family for awhile now. They sold most everything , purchased a amazing sailboat, and have been sailing around the world with their 4 kids..They choose a non traditional lifestyle.

Many people view them and ask them about money...are they rich? Did they win the lottery? Did they have a trust fund etc...

The father Keith did this short video to answer this question ...give it a watch, I have lived and worked much like Keith describes and I can tell you he is on point, I hope this will help someone, enjoy...

;)BTW, even if your a bit older, this way of thinking will work

"watch this short vid"

*8mins*

I don't feel like watching Keith for 8 mins =\

So sell all your stuff and live in a boat ... ???

yay?

dude has a point but the whole living in the car thing is bullshit

These people do it too and make it look fun

These people attempted to do it I dont know if they still are or not.

Yep, I'm sure kids raised on a boat, isolated from everyone but their immediate family, won't have issues later in life...

I have been watching this family for awhile now.

d035cd9132d2c21319d24d7f1e128363

I grew up on a boat sailing around the Mediterranean, till the age of 5. I value it highly.

Whether it's the van life, micro houses, basically living on trails, etc. they all definitely have a frontier-like romantic appeal. I totally understand and if people can make it work, all the power to them. However, most people won't be able to manage such a lifestyle, "the grind" is just a reality for the majority of people.

Power and money are literally the only things that matter.

So they should become pirates.

Oh, my advice to young men was "don't put vagina's on a pedestal" you'll thank me later.

I watched a few minutes but stopped at directional driller - if that’s what this guy did for a living then he made more than about 98% of the population and retiring “young” isn’t nearly as impressive

He made some good points, but if you’re making 250k a year it’s a whole hell of a lot easier

I would like to hear the kids stories about what they have had to see and hear on that boat...

Don't come a knocking when this boat's a rocking...

Back