A funny thing happened to me at the Robson Moura Training Camp

KikoJones

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was promoted to Purple Belt. Total surprise. I thought another year a least but when The Man says you're ready...
14712508_10209608873332019_5390408043642581183_o.jpg

Congrats buddy. I'm hoping for my purple in 2017 if I can stay healthy and training.

Good game. Congrats. I remember when I received my purple two years ago. I'm still a purple belt grinding away old man style.

Congrats buddy. I'm hoping for my purple in 2017 if I can stay healthy and training.

Thanks! Despite winning my division at Florida State BJJ & Old Man Worlds this year, I was having a case of the Blue Belt Blues. I seriously considered taking an extended hiatus but my team mates always seem to talk me out of it.

I still feel like it should be, at a minimum, one more year before being promoted. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

When I started I would sometimes think, "who in their right mind starts a combat sport at 45?" Now almost 6 years later I'm a Grape. Who would of thunk.

Good game. Congrats. I remember when I received my purple two years ago. I'm still a purple belt grinding away old man style.
I got mine in 2011 lol. Still chugging along.

Also congrats, ts

Congratulations.

Congrats! Blue belt is the desert where most jiu jitsu guys drop out. You've made it to the promise land

I've been a blue belt since 2009, and I'm at the point where I fear getting my purple belt more than I want it.

seminar promotions dont mean shit. i know a purple belt and a blue belt that got promoted and they had to go back down cause they definitely werent ready.

Not sure what association you're affiliated to, our's doesn't work that way. Robson is notorious for his having traditional expectations.

how much did you pay?

LOL!

Not sure what association you're affiliated to, our's doesn't work that way. Robson is notorious for his having traditional expectations.

LOL!

where im from we dont accept belts from anyone other than our own sensei. if i were you i would show up with the blue belt on monday.

where im from we dont accept belts from anyone other than our own sensei. if i were you i would show up with the blue belt on monday.

yea, but nobody cares where you are from or how they do it there. thats the thing.

yea, but nobody cares where you are from or how they do it there. thats the thing.
ya and thats a shame. cause its very disrespectful to show up with a belt that your own sensei didnt give you. its called loyalty and respect.

ya and thats a shame. cause its very disrespectful to show up with a belt that your own sensei didnt give you. its called loyalty and respect.

where im from we dont call other grown men "Sensei" but i dont care if thats what you wanna do. Call him master, if you want, too.

sounds like Robson is head of the assoc and his instructors instructor. If you gotta prob with it, you should contact either of them directly and confront them. defend BJJs honor before its too late. if you arent man enough to do that but just want to bitch from afar dont expect anybody to care.

u dont go over your senseis head for a belt. its disrespectful. u will get your fucking belt when you deserve it. thats how it works here. and my sensei has produced SEVERAL mundial medalists and champions. so Fuck You. and ur whole fucking dojo.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

I know you're trolling me but I'll indulge you this one time.
I was promoted at the annual 3 day Training Camp but Robson is no stranger to me. Since I started BJJ, I've routinely trained at the Headquarters, it's just an hour away. After seeing me in competition, he encouraged me to enter Master's Worlds. He approached my coach about the promotion, not the other way around and he's not just your garden variety Black Belt.

So, thanks for the advice but I'll chose the recognition from a Legend in the sport to the ramblings of an anonymous internet poster.

It's funny. I was listening to a recent radio show with a minor celebrity and they were asked how they deal with some of the negativity that comes along with stardom. They mentioned that social media has become a dark place. They shared some stories. They wondered, as I do, what could be missing in people's lives that motivates them to put so much effort in spewing negativing in order to add some semblance of amusement to their lives.

PEACE!!

Back