A Formal Apology to DC

I was the Ultimate Sherbro Fight Club (USFC) champ leading into Jones/Cormier II. I went in on Cormier and lost, hence the AV/sig/location combo.

I have asked the guy who facilitates the betting threads if the result will be overturned and my undefeated status returned to me (I'm 7-0, but mostly by good luck!) as a result of this. Neither Son Peyote (who beat me) nor MyJohnson9 have responded yet so I have left things as they are. Even if the result stands after Conor/Mayweather I am permitted to change it, I have a nice baby picture going up instead.
Ah makes sense.

Well, to be fair if Dana is already announcing that Jones 'popped', then the result isn't going to stand. Its a matter of technicality at this point.

PS: if you keep your perfect record intact, I might have to issue a challenge sooner or later :D

I was devasted for DC when he lost. If it is proven Jones cheated, he needs to be gone.

Ah makes sense.

Well, to be fair if Dana is already announcing that Jones 'popped', then the result isn't going to stand. Its a matter of technicality at this point.

PS: if you keep your perfect record intact, I might have to issue a challenge sooner or later :D
Actually I told everyone involved I was going to retire for Sherbets before the fight. Plus theres also rankings and everything you need to climb to get a TS. Think I won 5 straight before I had mine, and one of those wins was a T-shirt bet which is worth extra points.

I mean, we can still have a bet if you really want sometime. I only ever bet against people I like and you're a great poster. But it wouldn't be for the title or anything. Son Peyote can keep that, not his fault Jones can't trust himself to beat DC without cheating.

There is nothing that will make me a fan of DC.

Fuck DC.

Yes, the win will be overturned...

Yea but you can't overturn the concussion, brain trauma, humiliation, and the tears that DC lost.

All things considered, I'm glad the belt is going back to DC. I hope fans appreciate him more now.

We have been so hard on him for petty stuff, like "oh he wrestled with Anderson Silva"... or you know other dumb shit like that "oh he said some mean shit to someone who cheated"

Seriously, DC is one of the nicest guys we have in the sport. And yet we, the assholes that we are, find ways to hate on him, and we even laughed him out the building for CRYING after a heart-wrenching defeat.

For Fucks Sake we have a STICKER of Cormier crying on sherdog... how fucked up is that?

We're sorry DC! We were assholes. Please take us back, we promise to be nicer fans.

With Utmost Respect,
Cooliox (Resident Shertard)

The same mother fuckers calling Mark Hunt a bitch ass cry baby are now attacking Jones.

I don't think there's a topic that spawns more hypocrites than PED's.

I feel so sorry for him though! Yeah he's the technical champion but those two losses (one will be overturned but like you said that beating cannot be overturned) will forever loom over him.

Daniel will be remembered as a great champion, olympian, husband and father. He will be fine.

Jon will be remembered as a narcissistic psychopath who threw away all his gifts, cheated his way through life and hurt everybody around him.

/End of story

Now all those scumbags who made fun of DC can crawl in a hole and stay there.Step by step justice is advancing,you can't hide from it.

Actually I told everyone involved I was going to retire for Sherbets before the fight. Plus theres also rankings and everything you need to climb to get a TS. Think I won 5 straight before I had mine, and one of those wins was a T-shirt bet which is worth extra points.

I mean, we can still have a bet if you really want sometime. I only ever bet against people I like and you're a great poster. But it wouldn't be for the title or anything. Son Peyote can keep that, not his fault Jones can't trust himself to beat DC without cheating.
We'll make our own title with blackjack and USADA-tested hookers :p

The sad thing is that people still support Jon Jones and think he is the better fighter.

I don't respect Jones but he is clearly a better fighter than DC. DC loss had nothing to do with steroids.

Not as much as a failed drug test will looom.

Jones can never again be considered in the discussion for GOAT. Not with 2 failed tests

Silva has a single failed that will always cast a shadow of a doubt on him.

Yeah, GSP is moving on up without even fighting

At least you can make a case for Silva. It was pretty late in his career when he popped and it was after a hard fucking injury, so I can somewhat understand an older guy wanting to get back in the octagon and doing desperate risky shit to get back while he can still fight at a decent level.

He should get all of Jones' purse for the fight. But he won't.

Always liked DC. Good to see fans happy to give him respect

Was never a Cormier fan. Can't quite place it but something about the guy just rubs me the wrong way. But I did feel bad for him when Jones knocked him out, and I thought Rogan was a dick for interviewing him and not because he was just knocked out but because he was so clearly emotional and upset that he deserved more respect to just be left alone. Now I feel even worse for the guy cause even if its overturned to a NC and he gets the belt back, he's gonna deal with even worse shit of the "ya but you're not the real champ, Jones knocked you out" and thats a damn shame cause he absolutely doesn't deserve that.

Fuck Jones though, always thought he was a colossal fuck up and I actually sort of warmed to him after he was humble with the DC win. But here he goes again, I have no good will left for him. Dude has no credibility left whatsoever.

I was like you, except I gave Jones a clean slate after his post-pregnant-lady-car-wreck comeback. And I was a major hater prior to that.

He seemed so sincere in the walkaround Helwani interview but most of all, I just thought that surely, this colossal fuck-up would shock the guy out of his scumbag ways.

Jones is one of the smarter guys out there but he is also a complete idiot when it comes to moral choices and real-life risk management. A lost cause.

and I did not find the shoop thread funny at all

giphy.gif

Well, DC was the defending champion... and the fight is going to be ruled a NC... or perhaps even a win for DC based on the new rules? I'm not 100% sure.

But bottom line remains, if DC didn't technically 'lose' against Jones, isn't he still the champion?

He should be, but I think it will be vacated and DC (if he wants) will fight for the vacant belt again (against Gus/Volkan)

Back