A fighter you supported then had to drop because they went nuts

I don't really care about personalities too much. That's girly talk IMO. I'm from a different time though before social media and men expressed their "feelings".

I dont like fighters who don't perform though. Nick has fell off my favs for this reason Nate's about to.

MMA seems to have this problem more so than boxing even. Once guys get title and/or money they don't fight much. Like Conor. Didnt used to be this way in golden age. Like Fedor has well over 40 fights.

Last edited:
I don't really care about personalities too much. That's girly talk IMO. I'm from a different time though before social media and men expressed their "feelings".

I dont like fighters who don't perform though. Nick has fell off my favs for this reason Nate's about to.

MMA seems to have this problem more so than boxing even. Once guys get title and/or money they don't fight much. Like Conor. Didnt used to be this way in golden age. Like Fedor has well over 40 fights.

More criminal records than personality popularity was what I was commenting on.

You're right... feelings... who needs em?

Eddie Alvarez.

Was super fun to watch in bellator and came to the UFC and

1. turned in a wall n staller
2. Derailed the McGregor/RDA matchup only to lay a complete egg against McGregor himself.
3. Cried like a baby about everything Poirer-related.

His last fight vs Dustin was super satisfying.

Abdul Razak-Alhassan might fit this thread real nicely if his rape allegations turn out to be true.

Tons of people that liked him were all of the mindset that he was "too nice" to commit a crime like that. Of course, it's innocent until proven guilty.

That being said, I've always hated him because he got beat by Akhmedov in a display of awful TDD.

973c70f7-904d-498e-8bbf-89346aa1becd.jpg

Josh Barnett. I thought he was crazy skilled and he always gave great, humorous interviews. Then suddenly he changed, became cocky and disrespectful and a cheat. Multiple times. Huge let-down for me.

Wonderboy for me

Like, stop talking about being more aggressive and go do it, lol. Dude says after every loss how he's gotta pull the trigger and go after it more, and then he point fights to a decision every bout lately. And it isn't helping out either, he's 1-2-1 in his last 4.

On top of that it was kinda funny to hear him rag on Till saying he wasn't ready for an opponent like him yet, and then they fight and Till won. Less talk and more action Wonderboy

Im right there with Conor...haven't dropped him yet though.

Wanderlei and Aldo are the best examples

I used to actually get emotionally invested in Rampage and BJ's fights but I got over that, but I wouldn't say it was because they "went nuts." I think it was more just a change in me as a fan that I've seen enough guys come and go that I can't really get emotionally invested in a fighter's career anymore.

Wonderboy for me

Like, stop talking about being more aggressive and go do it, lol. Dude says after every loss how he's gotta pull the trigger and go after it more, and then he point fights to a decision every bout lately. And it isn't helping out either, he's 1-2-1 in his last 4.

On top of that it was kinda funny to hear him rag on Till saying he wasn't ready for an opponent like him yet, and then they fight and Till won. Less talk and more action Wonderboy
I came to say the exact same thing. Great minds think alike ;)

I really liked Thompson when he first came to UFC, but after time his fights just got worse and worse and worse and all he was doing is point fighting. It was frustrating to watch, at the beginning he was actually throwing with aggression, but then something seemed to change and all he did was point fight to decisions. I can't stand his fights at this point to be honest.

Was never a fan, but could see why ppl are no longer gsp fans

Came in as a exciting new breed of mma fighter with complete overall game

Then turn into boring/excusing making/ducking wrestler who couldn’t finish fights

I actually liked Ronda back in Strikeforce. She was so respectful then in the ufc she became a bitch. But I'm starting to like her again in wrestling.

Mayhem is my top choice - I believe I remember the moment and it was when he had this super awkward interview with Helwani(?).

I came to say the exact same thing. Great minds think alike ;)

I really liked Thompson when he first came to UFC, but after time his fights just got worse and worse and worse and all he was doing is point fighting. It was frustrating to watch, at the beginning he was actually throwing with aggression, but then something seemed to change and all he did was point fight to decisions. I can't stand his fights at this point to be honest.
I never liked him. Point fighters whether on the ground like GSP or standing like his friend Thompson are not my cup of tea. It's like either you're a mayweather fan or a killer like pac in boxing - same goes for MMA.

Man, I just thought of one I can't believe nobody said yet.

UFC1_RoyceGracie.jpg

I didn't say conor should be respectful and not talk shit at all, that's part of his character, I get that. Getting other fights cancelled by causing injury (that could have potentially been permanent) and mocking wars? Not so sure... McGregor himself said he wasn't in it for the money this time at the 1st press conference, so I truly cannot understand why he did all that shit.

The fight would definitely have been over 1.5 million PPVs without the bus incident and edgy shit talk anyway.

60 million dollars

Back