A few reasons why McGregor's claim of fighting Edgar makes no sense.

Y'all cant handle the fact that Conor's not a duck, anything that disputes it is either not true or not true. Your tiny brains cant handle it, its shortcircuiting.
{<jordan}
well I mean, except for the fact we have a perfectly healthy champion and an interm champion is about to defend the interm title..........

You are lost.

The op proposed that Conor should take a pay cut for this fight in the sense that the fight is sooo close and the UFC has no time to promote, thus it wouldn't sell as well as a typical Conor fight.

Of course he's going to take a paycut relative to the Floyd fight. Of course. That's not up for discussion.

Op is saying conor should fight for way less than he's worth because this fight will get no Conor level promotion (and thus, buys) if they do plug him in.
Heres the thing tho, conor himself is a business man and knows the fight business. He knew that before making this statement. Theres a reason he is coming out saying this at this particular moment in his career. Don't be so simple

I don’t think it’s too absurd at all.

For those who criticize McGregor for his shtick, this fits right in with it, does it not?

•built-in excuse if he loses
•no belt on the line
•guaranteed title shot at 145 if he wins
•guaranteed big money rematch if he loses
•keeps him away from Ferg or Khabib for longer

This is a terrible thread. No good point is made.

145 could work, so a non title fight, but catch weight of 150 is most likely. This also takes care of the title picture problem.

What you're saying about money is so stupid it shouldn't be acknowledged.

Bad thread
Lol @ 145 could work.

Just an idiot.

Heres the thing tho, conor himself is a business man and knows the fight business. He knew that before making this statement. Theres a reason he is coming out saying this at this particular moment in his career. Don't be so simple
I actually think they could make enough money to pay him even with only three weeks. But why would they risk it? Better to promote any fight Conor is in, let's be honest.

I fully believe Conor would take the fight

Lmao you made this thread and called me an idiot.

And yes, he could make 145. Genius.

Not on 3 weeks notice he couldn't. Sorry but no way in hell esp with how he has looked in the past at 145 weigh ins, and from the fact he has put on some size since then.

Don't forget that last week is mostly press and BS too.

I actually think they could make enough money to pay him even with only three weeks. But why would they risk it? Better to promote any fight Conor is in, let's be honest.

I fully believe Conor would take the fight
but he wont take a fight with the interm champion? think about that one, let it sit for a moment

I blame Conor for holding the title after the fight and not defending. He can go be super rich without holding up the division.

He is holding it because it is a bargaining chip. It was incredibly stupid to allow him to box. Think about how active he was prior to this boxing match.. He fought 4 times in the span of 11 months. Now he has had over one year off. That is the UFC’s fault. Had he made 2 or 3 million to box he would’ve been back already. He made 100.

Who said that? You think he's coming back under the same contract/pay? Lol
Perhaps a payrise.

Hence why I said 5 million to show, he has never been paid 5 million to show before.

That's essentially a 100% pay increase.

Conor will not sell twice as much as he did prior to Floyd, so why should they pay him 10-20 million to show? Financially makes no sense within the UFC model of pay.

Conor wouldnt have taken the pay cut. The UFC itself wasn't going to generate the money it would normally do from a conor fight in this short amount of time

Guy is a clown.

Weight class?

Well I guess Frankie could have just stopped thinking about cutting weight and instead had the fight at 155lbs, but on 1-2 weeks notice I cannot see Conor McGregor cutting 15-20lbs to "save the day".

Title fight or nah?

So Frankie is about to fight for the 145lb Featherweight belt, has Max drop out on him, and now he's going to fight Conor McGregor (the 155lb Lightweight belt holder) in a non-title fight!? Because I'm pretty damn sure that Conor was not going to defend that title against Frankie fucking Edgar at 2 weeks notice lol. ESPECIALLY, when you have a fully-fledged interim-champion waiting in the wings.

The money?

Supposedly the UFC told Conor that they didn't have enough time to promote the fight to justify his pay lol. Wow, so you are going to fight a man that you would dwarf in size (as usual he's insecure about fighting people his frame), and yet you won't take a small pay-cut? You don't even have to risk your title, and you want to play money games? All just a big fat excuse not to fight in my opinion.

This guy literally has kept his mouth wired shut about Nurmagomedov and Ferguson, yet he's chasing 3 year old rivalries on 2 weeks notice. Dude is a fraud.
You're missing the point. Ufc can't pay Conor, he's the champ champ. He don't take pay cuts.
He was offering
To change Frankie's life

Back