A few reasons why McGregor's claim of fighting Edgar makes no sense.

He wanted to roll in without all the media shit and whoop Frankie for multiple millions of dollars .

He would fight Tony or Khabib tomorrow if the money was right and he could roll in and roll out .

He ain’t gonna do no 6 month build ups or world tours or any of that shite .

Vacate or defend the belt. That's an obligation of being champion. He's had ample time to defend now.

Do you honestly think he offered to step in, and it was never mentioned by a single soul until now, coming straight from Conor himself only after Dana's comments on stripping him possibly for not fighting? The biggest name/attention whore in MMA was quiet about wanting to fight Edgar and save thcard? That UFC would do it with almost zero promotion behind it?
Your last line is the reason it did not happen. Why would you hear about it elsewhere when it never came to fruition? They couldn't afford it. 3 weeks isn't enough time to promote the fight to generate the buys to pay Conor.

Y'all cant handle the fact that Conor's not a duck, anything that disputes it is either not true or not true. Your tiny brains cant handle it, its shortcircuiting.
{<jordan}

Show me a list of pro athletes willing to take a pay cut when asked

You are as dumb as a door, aren't you? Nobody gives a shit about Conor if he is not fighting, only dumb idiots that worship shitty celebrities like you.

If he is not going to take a pay cut compared to the Floyd fight, then it's goodbye Conor because the UFC cannot afford to pay him that much. UFC will never pay as much as boxing.

Bye bye Conor, fuck off and kill yourself with cocaine, no one gives a shit.

And take your shitty retarded fans with you. They will not the missed. Not one bit.

Y'all cant handle the fact that Conor's not a duck, anything that disputes it is either not true or not true. {<jordan}

He is doing little else than ducking.

What gives, nutridder?

Vacate or defend the belt. That's an obligation of being champion. He's had ample time to defend now.
And dana has had ample time and money to pay what he was asking for or meet him somewhere inbetween ......isnt he as much to blame?

TLDR: i hate conor so he's lying!

ya'll really have no clue who conor mcgregor is do you?

Your last line is the reason it did not happen. Why would you hear about it elsewhere when it never came to fruition? They couldn't afford it. 3 weeks isn't enough time to promote the fight to generate the buys to pay Conor.

Now, personally I think he never intended or even offered to fight Frankie, but if he did the pay was 100% the biggest reason it never happened.He had to know he'd never get that fight on 3 weeks notice.

Conor doesn't care about you so called fans, he's the "get in, get rich, get the fuck out" kind of guy.

You are as dumb as a door, aren't you? Nobody gives a shit about Conor if he is not fighting, only dumb idiots that worship shitty celebrities like you.

If he is not going to take a pay cut compared to the Floyd fight, then it's goodbye Conor because the UFC cannot afford to pay him that much. UFC will never pay as much as boxing.

Bye bye Conor, fuck off and kill yourself with cocaine, no one gives a shit.

And take your shitty retarded fans with you. They will not the missed. Not one bit.
You are lost.

The op proposed that Conor should take a pay cut for this fight in the sense that the fight is sooo close and the UFC has no time to promote, thus it wouldn't sell as well as a typical Conor fight.

Of course he's going to take a paycut relative to the Floyd fight. Of course. That's not up for discussion.

Op is saying conor should fight for way less than he's worth because this fight will get no Conor level promotion (and thus, buys) if they do plug him in.

No one believes him except his most diehard fans

This is another layer of dumbness. Believing he was actually actively trying to set up a fight with Frankie.

He made impossible demands, just so he could talk about it on twitter, while the fight would never take place.

You gotta be a special level of idiot to believe Conor in this. Oh well, It's Conor fans. You can never be dumb enough for these idiots.
I wouldn't call myself a Conor fan at all.

You have no idea if he made any demands. Maybe he just offered to take the fight at his current pay. You're making shit up to hate on an elite professional fighter

I wouldn't call myself a Conor fan at all.

You have no idea if he made any demands. Maybe he just offered to take the fight at his current pay. You're making shit up to hate on an elite professional fighter

No demands?

Plus, fighting in a different weight class at three weeks notice when he denied defending against the interim champion at his own weight?

Impossible conditions, and Conor knows it, because he is smart. Only his dumb fans swallowed this.

Now, personally I think he never intended or even offered to fight Frankie, but if he did the pay was 100% the biggest reason it never happened.He had to know he'd never get that fight on 3 weeks notice.
I'm not denying that saying it on the gram helps him out in terms of self promotion, but I don't see anything that tells me he didn't offer to or wouldn't take that fight. Maybe he knew it was a long shot. Maybe he's lying out right, but I don't see that being the case simply because I absolutely believe he would take that fight, even with only three weeks

Honestly I am def not a Conor fan, and though I don't think he actually did offer to fight, he is a very talented fighter and has shown he has balls so I can never full out say he wouldn't do it. I just think he did it if he did knowing full well they'd never let him actually do it.

I'd def watch it though, Frankie is not a slouch and it would be a great fight I think. Though I do think Conor would win in the end, at both 145 or 155.
Whatever, I feel kind of dumb now for even discussing whether or not he offered to take a fight that isn't happening lol.

But yeah, of course we'd all watch it. That would be a seriously high level fight!

No demands?

Plus, fighting in a different weight class at three weeks notice when he denied defending against the interim champion at his own weight?

Impossible conditions, and Conor knows it, because he is smart. Only his dumb fans swallowed this.

I don't see any demands there. But if we're arguing whether or not he's lying, I guess we're just wasting our time lol

There are two things I am fairly certain I know about the situation:

Edgar would have fought

Edgar would have mopped the floor with Conor

Dude is a fraud.?

Lol.

Dude is a killer. Deal with it.
003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-23_8-6-54.jpeg
    upload_2018-2-23_8-6-54.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
You are lost.

The op proposed that Conor should take a pay cut for this fight in the sense that the fight is sooo close and the UFC has no time to promote, thus it wouldn't sell as well as a typical Conor fight.

Of course he's going to take a paycut relative to the Floyd fight. Of course. That's not up for discussion.

Op is saying conor should fight for way less than he's worth because this fight will get no Conor level promotion (and thus, buys) if they do plug him in.

This is another layer of dumbness. Believing he was actually actively trying to set up a fight with Frankie.

He made impossible demands, just so he could talk about it on twitter, while the fight would never take place.

You gotta be a special level of idiot to believe Conor in this. Oh well, It's Conor fans. You can never be dumb enough for these idiots.

And dana has had ample time and money to pay what he was asking for or meet him somewhere inbetween ......isnt he as much to blame?

Did Conor not sign a multi deal fight contract with an agreed payout? Did the UFC not throw him a bone by allowing him to fight Mayweather? Yes I know they made money off it.

Is it not reasonable to ask a champion to defend after having 4 fights and 0 title defenses after beating Jose Aldo?

Okay so just to make it clear you don't believe he should fight at all until the UFC pays him his worth. Fine. Do you happen to know what he is exactly asking for? No bull shit rumors please.

Here's an example of another fighter you don't believe should defend his belt. According to you, you don't believe GSP should've had to defend the middle weight belt after winning it because "we are all sick for wanting to see bigger men eventually beat him.".

Gotcha. Contract agreements mean nothing to you.

Honestly the only thing I do not understand is why you guys as MMA fans would defend Conor no matter what he does, in the name of money, even when it hurts the sport as a whole.

In my personal opinion, you aren't a very good fan for this sport but that's just me.

One if the greatest title runs in all of mma in the weight class just below means nothing? Ok
So champs should never fight champs ? Coolio

He didnt get a free title shot ,he didnt come from nowhere ,hed already proven himself at the highest levels of mma and walked away undefeated as champ
pretending that never happened is what would be retarded! The idea that all he achieved means nothing because it wasnt at mw is frigging stupid....by that logic pacman and mayweather should never have fought etc
Making him defend is also retarded ...for what exactly ? The imaginary honour of the mw belt? Because you really need to see bigger men eventualy beat him as he eats himself sick to maintain the weight?

They couldn't allow him to take the fight and mess up Khabib vs Conor in Russia.

They can't admit he offered bc it would showcase what they are trying to do.

It's about a "superfight"
-Khabib defending in Russia
-Conor never lost belt
-Gives a feud between the two legitimacy

Wouldn't be surprised if they comp Floyd tickets and advertise him being cageside

Conor always respected Frankie so if anything he tried to squeeze him in for a money fight.

I'm not denying that saying it on the gram helps him out in terms of self promotion, but I don't see anything that tells me he didn't offer to or wouldn't take that fight. Maybe he knew it was a long shot. Maybe he's lying out right, but I don't see that being the case simply because I absolutely believe he would take that fight, even with only three weeks

Honestly I am def not a Conor fan, and though I don't think he actually did offer to fight, he is a very talented fighter and has shown he has balls so I can never full out say he wouldn't do it. I just think he did it if he did knowing full well they'd never let him actually do it.

I'd def watch it though, Frankie is not a slouch and it would be a great fight I think. Though I do think Conor would win in the end, at both 145 or 155.

Nobody asked him to take a pay-cut up front.

He would have made his contracted amount, probably somewhere between 3 to 5 million to show.

The pay-cut would have been on the PPV end, where the PPV would not have sold megabucks due to short promotional window (according to Conor and the UFC, not anyone else).

That's his old contract amount, his new contract amount has yet to be agreed on

Back