A few reasons why McGregor's claim of fighting Edgar makes no sense.

There's an interview before Conor got this famous where kavangah admitted that he doesn't want Conor fighting Frankie and that he's a bad matchup. Their camp has already admitted that they are afraid of frankie

That's a new one. I suppose you don't know where you could find that one?

I can't remember the other time but it's not just a thing that fans made up.

Fans aside - look at the source(s) of who are saying it. I remember after Conor beat Aldo and the fight with dos Anjos was made, some of the McHATERZ were talking about how dos Anjos would destroy him. He was ducking Edgar. And some folk gave him his due for taking the harder fight (in their eyes)

Folk are talking about lying, but you never see folk reference this:

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/fran...restler-jordan-burroughs-help-conor-mcgregor/

https://jiujitsutimes.com/mrs-burroughs-jordan-burroughs-and-conor-mcgregor-not-working-together/

And I seen that some American wrestler reached out to Conor to ask him if he needed any help. The hilarity never stops.

Man, there are some whiners in here. Anyone who understands value and self worth also understands that accepting less is not a trait of a successful person.

Those who are relentlessly complaining over Conor’s every move have forgotten what he has done, that he has a family, and that this sport can ruin memory and body for the rest of the only life you have. If you value things in life, you will weigh the pros and cons and name your price.

Seems a lot of you would think that being a yes man will get you to a higher standard of living. Better start waking up.

Guy is a clown.

Weight class?

Well I guess Frankie could have just stopped thinking about cutting weight and instead had the fight at 155lbs, but on 1-2 weeks notice I cannot see Conor McGregor cutting 15-20lbs to "save the day".

Title fight or nah?

So Frankie is about to fight for the 145lb Featherweight belt, has Max drop out on him, and now he's going to fight Conor McGregor (the 155lb Lightweight belt holder) in a non-title fight!? Because I'm pretty damn sure that Conor was not going to defend that title against Frankie fucking Edgar at 2 weeks notice lol. ESPECIALLY, when you have a fully-fledged interim-champion waiting in the wings.

The money?

Supposedly the UFC told Conor that they didn't have enough time to promote the fight to justify his pay lol. Wow, so you are going to fight a man that you would dwarf in size (as usual he's insecure about fighting people his frame), and yet you won't take a small pay-cut? You don't even have to risk your title, and you want to play money games? All just a big fat excuse not to fight in my opinion.

This guy literally has kept his mouth wired shut about Nurmagomedov and Ferguson, yet he's chasing 3 year old rivalries on 2 weeks notice. Dude is a fraud.

goin deeeeeep with that hate

how far can you reach meng

Any source that the belt wouldnt have been on the line??

And who thr fuck cares about titles anymore anyways, fighting Conor gets yoou more money than 3 years of being an active fighter.

And the clown show continues

Going back down to 145 and possibly beating Edgar makes sense if he wants to cement his legacy in that weight category.

1 and 2: It's called catchweight, you casual.
3: Why would he take a pay cut to step in and save a card on short notice? If anything he should get extra.

TS is a fraud.

You’re all forgetting that when Max first pulled out that the talk was that they would do an interim belt. They stopped that when they went with Ortega and secured Cyborg and just made a 3 round fight.

If you don’t think that Conor would’ve agreed to fight for an interim belt and break his very own record of being the only ever simultaneous 2 weight champion then you know absolutely nothing about Conor.

Dude is a killer killer
Yes, a midget killer.

Conor-McGregor-vs-Nate-Diaz.jpg

Dude is a fraud.?

Lol.

Dude is a killer. Deal with it.
A lot of fighters look like killers when the majority of their opponents have 3-and-something records and short-notice camps.

Marcus Brimage 3-0
Max Holloway 3-2
Diego Brendao 4-2
Eddie Alvarez 3-1
Chad Mendes - Short-notice opponent (he won)
Nate Diaz - Short-notice opponent (he lost)

That is half his opponents were 3-and-something fighters or short-notice opponents. What kind of record is that? LOL

Guy is a clown.

Weight class?

Well I guess Frankie could have just stopped thinking about cutting weight and instead had the fight at 155lbs, but on 1-2 weeks notice I cannot see Conor McGregor cutting 15-20lbs to "save the day".

Title fight or nah?

So Frankie is about to fight for the 145lb Featherweight belt, has Max drop out on him, and now he's going to fight Conor McGregor (the 155lb Lightweight belt holder) in a non-title fight!? Because I'm pretty damn sure that Conor was not going to defend that title against Frankie fucking Edgar at 2 weeks notice lol. ESPECIALLY, when you have a fully-fledged interim-champion waiting in the wings.

The money?

Supposedly the UFC told Conor that they didn't have enough time to promote the fight to justify his pay lol. Wow, so you are going to fight a man that you would dwarf in size (as usual he's insecure about fighting people his frame), and yet you won't take a small pay-cut? You don't even have to risk your title, and you want to play money games? All just a big fat excuse not to fight in my opinion.

This guy literally has kept his mouth wired shut about Nurmagomedov and Ferguson, yet he's chasing 3 year old rivalries on 2 weeks notice. Dude is a fraud.

This is a terrible thread. No good point is made.

145 could work, so a non title fight, but catch weight of 150 is most likely. This also takes care of the title picture problem.

What you're saying about money is so stupid it shouldn't be acknowledged.

Bad thread

He wanted to roll in without all the media shit and whoop Frankie for multiple millions of dollars .

He would fight Tony or Khabib tomorrow if the money was right and he could roll in and roll out .

He ain’t gonna do no 6 month build ups or world tours or any of that shite .

Look anyone who actually believes that Conor was willing to take this fight on short notice to "save the card" is a fucking moron.

Look anyone who actually believes that Conor was willing to take this fight on short notice to "save the card" is a fucking moron.
Can you back this up with any sort of information, evidence that he wasn't willing or at the very least a reason why you think it's moronic ??

DOUBT it

I'm referring to McGregor trying to step in on short notice to fight Edgar to "save the card". I know this thread has been done about 100 times, but here's a detailed list for all you nuthuggers who actually believe this bullshit.

-So he refuses to defend his Featherweight belt and is holding the Lightweight belt hostage, but he's willing to take a fight at Featherweight in a non title fight on short notice?

-His coach said it himself he can never make 145 again, now all of a sudden he can?

-This would've been a massive pay cut because of promotion.

Last edited:
Can you back this up with any sort of information, evidence that he wasn't willing or at the very least a reason why you think it's moronic ??

DOUBT it

Do you honestly think he offered to step in, and it was never mentioned by a single soul until now, coming straight from Conor himself only after Dana's comments on stripping him possibly for not fighting? The biggest name/attention whore in MMA was quiet about wanting to fight Edgar and save thcard? That UFC would do it with almost zero promotion behind it?

Back