A few reasons why McGregor's claim of fighting Edgar makes no sense.

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guy is a clown.

Weight class?

Well I guess Frankie could have just stopped thinking about cutting weight and instead had the fight at 155lbs, but on 1-2 weeks notice I cannot see Conor McGregor cutting 15-20lbs to "save the day".

Title fight or nah?

So Frankie is about to fight for the 145lb Featherweight belt, has Max drop out on him, and now he's going to fight Conor McGregor (the 155lb Lightweight belt holder) in a non-title fight!? Because I'm pretty damn sure that Conor was not going to defend that title against Frankie fucking Edgar at 2 weeks notice lol. ESPECIALLY, when you have a fully-fledged interim-champion waiting in the wings.

The money?

Supposedly the UFC told Conor that they didn't have enough time to promote the fight to justify his pay lol. Wow, so you are going to fight a man that you would dwarf in size (as usual he's insecure about fighting people his frame), and yet you won't take a small pay-cut? You don't even have to risk your title, and you want to play money games? All just a big fat excuse not to fight in my opinion.

This guy literally has kept his mouth wired shut about Nurmagomedov and Ferguson, yet he's chasing 3 year old rivalries on 2 weeks notice. Dude is a fraud.

Yeah not a chance in the world. Mcgregor is just trying to get respect back cause he knows he's finally turning into a joke with even the casuals. This is a guy he's ducked multiple times and is a horrible matchup against. Good wrestling, great cardio, great heart vs poor grappling, bad cardio, lack of heart. There was also not a chance in the world that he can make that weight right now and he knows it, so why not call out Frankie when he knows the fight will never happen. Lastly Conor puts himself first, you really think he'll put himself in a compromising position just to help out the company. No

Dude is a fraud.?

Lol.

Dude is a killer. Deal with it.

Show me a list of pro athletes willing to take a pay cut when asked

Ridiculous, absurd, preposterous, humbug, bullshit.

BIG DRAMA SHOW

ggg0rrpp.gif

Dude is a ducker ducker

Tom Brady, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.......that's just off the top of my head

Three guys on the decline who stayed with the same team their entire 15+ year career , any actually relevant to conor? How bout mma fighters who took less to step in on short notice?

Three guys on the decline who stayed with the same team their entire 15+ year career , any actually relevant to conor?
You asked a question, I answered it.

Not my problem that you provided zero context of the situation you wanted explained.

You asked a question, I answered it.

Not my problem that you provided zero context of the situation you wanted explained.

Ok can you imagine a UFC fighter being asked by the UFC to not only fight.on short notice but take a pay cut ? It's the opposite of what normally happens . Most guys make more to fight shirt notice

Guy is a clown.

Weight class?

Well I guess Frankie could have just stopped thinking about cutting weight and instead had the fight at 155lbs, but on 1-2 weeks notice I cannot see Conor McGregor cutting 15-20lbs to "save the day".

Title fight or nah?

So Frankie is about to fight for the 145lb Featherweight belt, has Max drop out on him, and now he's going to fight Conor McGregor (the 155lb Lightweight belt holder) in a non-title fight!? Because I'm pretty damn sure that Conor was not going to defend that title against Frankie fucking Edgar at 2 weeks notice lol. ESPECIALLY, when you have a fully-fledged interim-champion waiting in the wings.

The money?

Supposedly the UFC told Conor that they didn't have enough time to promote the fight to justify his pay lol. Wow, so you are going to fight a man that you would dwarf in size (as usual he's insecure about fighting people his frame), and yet you won't take a small pay-cut? You don't even have to risk your title, and you want to play money games? All just a big fat excuse not to fight in my opinion.

This guy literally has kept his mouth wired shut about Nurmagomedov and Ferguson, yet he's chasing 3 year old rivalries on 2 weeks notice. Dude is a fraud.

I get what you're saying but honestly at this point nothing Conor does should surprise anyone. The guy is a con artist. He's an entertainer not a fighter. He's like Justin Beiber on this site. Half the population claims to hate him but can't stop talking about him and inadvertently they're keeping him in the spotlight.

He hasn't been killing jack shit lately.

And we have the UFC to blame for that.. He had a contract they could have held him too. They let him box for 100 mil. He was hard to deal with before that. What did the UFC expect?

And we have the UFC to blame for that.. He had a contract they could have held him too. They let him box for 100 mil. He was hard to deal with before that. What did the UFC expect?

I blame Conor for holding the title after the fight and not defending. He can go be super rich without holding up the division.

He thinks he comes across as an angel by making the offer but instead, we all see through his (number one) bullshit

I do see one scenario in which the UFC says no...obviously a conor fight has a higher expense/payout and therefore, requires a much higher gate/ticket prices. They can’t change ticket prices like that after they’ve been on sale

Back