A Divided Species is a Weaker Species

J

Julius_Caesar

In some areas I view myself as liberal and in others I view myself as conservative but one area I've been thinking about for a while now is Globalism and the jump from our current type 0.7 civilization to a 1 civilization.

Globalism seems to be linked to a lot of negative conspiracy theories. Some crazier than others but pushing conspiracies a side is the idea of Globalism that bad?

IMO the world needs to become closer and less prejudice before we take that next step in evolution and start inhabiting new planets (if we ever get to that point). A segregated and nationalist mentality during that time will just end in wars over planets, resources etc like we've done many times before and thus making us weaker as a species. The majority of us are heading to a type 1 civilization but there are still many people who are against some of the ideas that come with that.

I am still not very educated on this subject so feel free to point out if I've said anything wrong but this is a good video of Michio Kaku touching on it whilst talking about planetary civilization:

Point out what your concerns are with Globalism and how you think those negatives can be turned into a positives (if they can).

Decentralized world power, such as the nation state, is what maintains individual freedom and liberty. Centralizing all power in the entire world under one single international authority will turn the whole world into slaves sooner or later.

It will also usher in the antichrist. Just a bad idea all around.

Decentralized world power, such as the nation state, is what maintains individual freedom and liberty. Centralizing all power in the entire world under one single international authority will turn the whole world into slaves sooner or later. Terrible idea.
The problem is leaders in every region are corrupt to the core. The upside in working together for common goals is largely overshadowed by that.

The problem is leaders in every region are corrupt to the core. The upside in working together for common goals is largely overshadowed by that.

So if that is true, which it is, then why wouldn't world leaders also be corrupt to the core?

'Absolute power corrupts absolutely'

Decentralized world power, such as the nation state, is what maintains individual freedom and liberty. Centralizing all power in the entire world under one single international authority will turn the whole world into slaves sooner or later.

It will also usher in the antichrist. Just a bad idea all around.
I respect people's beliefs but for this thread can we be open minded and entertain a thought without necessarily believing it. That thought is that all Religions that talk about the antichrist are not real.

That seems to be one of the biggest issues. I think humans in general are a little corrupt (some more than others) and when put into powerful positions it can get enhanced. What about creating an AI to make the choices people in Government make. But obviously done in a safe way. Not like what we see in the movies. The AI just makes logical decisions. We enforce them.

I respect people's beliefs but for this thread can we be open minded and entertain a thought without necessarily believing it. That thought is that all Religions that talk about the antichrist are not real.

Centralized vs decentralized power has nothing to do with religion tho...

That seems to be one of the biggest issues. I think humans in general are a little corrupt (some more than others) and when put into powerful positions it can get enhanced. What about creating an AI to make the choices people in Government make. But obviously done in a safe way. Not like what we see in the movies. The AI just makes logical decisions. We enforce them.

<Huh2>

Centralized vs decentralized power has nothing to do with religion tho...
I was talking about when you brought up the Anti Christ. Wasn't sure if that part was serious but I see that a lot. People linking Globalism to the antichrist.

I was talking about when you brought up the Anti Christ. Wasn't sure if that part was serious but I see that a lot. People linking Globalism to the antichrist.

I understand. But you ignored the point about centralized vs decentralized power in favor of talking about the anti christ...twice now. How come?

Embrace this mindset? It's a nice thought.

At this time we're nowhere close to being capable of coming together, in such a manner, on a global scale. Attempting to force it despite that reality, will only see us move backwards.

Most people still see themselves as black, white, American, Russian, Christian, Muslim, etc, etc.

Very few people view themselves as human beings first and all those other things second so it's goin to be impossible to unite the world under a common cause.

On the flip side of that coin, that means 99% of the world can't handle nor want true freedom so locking everyone in under 1 banner may not be as difficult as we think.
More of a matter of continuing down our current path of taking away everyone's rights little at a time, until the world population has no choice but to follow the whims of some NATO like organization.

I understand. But you ignored the point about centralized vs decentralized power in favor of talking about the anti christ...twice now. How come?
Because the anti Christ is mythology and doesn't have any place in humanities future other than in history lessons.

You stated "centralizing all power in the entire world under one single international authority will turn the whole world into slaves sooner or later" but didn't go into detail as to how and what can be done for that not to happen. Do you not believe we can find a way to centralize all power without becoming slaves? What is a slave? Are we not slaves now?

It really comes down to a change in our collective consciousness. We are a species that looks up into the sky and imagines ourselves one day among the stars, but to get there we must first shed our hateful feelings toward one other. Wars, disease, envy, greed are all residual from our evolutionary past and need to be healed if we want any chance of uniting as one people.

At this time we're nowhere close to being capable of coming together, in such a manner, on a global scale. Attempting to force it despite that reality, will only see us move backwards.
Move backwards or create minor repetitive setbacks towards an inevitable change as long as we don't destroy ourselves.

Of course, globalism is good. I think that can't be up for debate.
I mean every human considering themselves as equal should be the end goal.
The best way to get there is up to debate.
But I also think that has sort been answered the best method seems to be the Prussian style customs Union and getting closer from that base.

You have people that were killing each other 75 years ago. Now consider themselves partners in Europe.
In two or 3 generations they will probably all consider themselves Europeans first.

A global society is inevitable, but it'll be a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back