A deaf couple sits next to you on a plane with their service dog... A Great Dane

From that same site;

There is no way to determine if an animal is a service dog under the ADAs definition.

What are you arguing here? According to the ADA, an emotional support animal is by definition not a service dog.

I'm in full favor of enabling actual service dogs to be with their handlers at all times. Real service dogs are incredibly well trained and provide a critical role in aiding ppl who have physical disabilities.

However I'd rid the whole 'emotional support' dog loophole. It does get ridiculous most times.

If you're not physically disabled, you can travel without your mutt inconvieniencing other passengers.

What kind of stupid asshole punches a Great Dane, those dogs are fucking monstrous. I wouldn't want to make one angry.

What are you arguing here? According to the ADA, an emotional support animal is by definition not a service dog.
I’m not sure why you’re mentioning “emotional support animals”. The discussion is about service dogs, which is what he was referring to. And he’s correct. Actually, didn’t you just say the same thing a couple posts ago? I’m confused.

I'd rather it be a large & silent dog, than a small dog that doesn't know how to shut the fuck up.

What I said was correct. What you quoted is correct as well, but all one has to do is SAY their dog is trained to help with a disability. There’s no proof required.
okay.

There is no certification or registration lists, therefore no proof one way or the other. The law even states that owners can't be asked what service the dog performs. It's like saying a person has to have a license to drive but can't be asked to show the license.

How long was the flight? Like three or four hours? Just suck it up you big fucking baby.

I don’t give a shit about what anyone else does. Mind your own business beta.

There is no certification or registration lists, therefore no proof one way or the other. The law even states that owners can't be asked what service the dog performs. It's like saying a person has to have a license to drive but can't be asked to show the license.

Go look at that ADA site again.

It specifically states that you are allowed to ask two questions, one of which is, "What specific job or task has this animal been trained to perform?" If they can't answer that question, then it's not a service dog.

Inappropriate. I walk on the other side of the street to avoid a dog rubbing feces or urine on me.

Reminded me of.....
nuUSRYn.gif

You guys are confusing a service dog with a support animal.

They are not the same at all. Service dogs are trained and certified.

Support animals are a doctor's note and are not trained to perform a service.

This was a service dog. And I would much rather sit next to then some really fat person or a crying kid.

Do you even know what "service needs to be performed"??? I'll tell you- Service to my dong, after looking at your avatars ass for the last 5 minutes- Thanks a lot!

1. Dead people could probably use service dogs to help with things they can’t hear, like oncoming traffic, or emergency sirens.
2. A Great Dane is too big to take on a fucking plane. They should have thought about that when deciding what breed to get.
3. I’m pretty sure I read the story a while back and the guy hit the dog. That guy should be exterminated like a cockroach.

Edit- that’s supposed to say deaf people. Dead people don’t need dogs. Or do they....?

The right to fly is nowhere in the Constitution.

I'm sorry, but if you can't fly without your great Dane, then you can't fly. You can still use cars and boats.

I'm not flying frontier airlines anymore.

Back