A Counter - Extremism TV Idea

icemanliddell

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What if BBC were to produce a TV drama about a group of Muslims whose mission is to stop radical Islam from spreading around the country? They would actively stop kids going to Syria, stop terrorists from attacking festivals in public squares, and also face radical sheiks in a "rap" battle of dogma? Maybe focus not more on doctrine but on why they are doing violence in the name of religion. What do you think?

its hard to find the terrorists to challenge them in open debate

What if BBC were to produce a TV drama about a group of Muslims whose mission is to stop radical Islam from spreading around the country? They would actively stop kids going to Syria, stop terrorists from attacking festivals in public squares, and also face radical sheiks in a "rap" battle of dogma? Maybe focus not more on doctrine but on why they are doing violence in the name of religion. What do you think?
No offense but that sounds like a cheesy and gimmicky idea. If I saw that I'd go join ISIS just to spite the BBC.

I'd do a miniseries on the Syrian civil war from three POV; a radicalized European youth who joins ISIS, a Kurdish fighter, and a Yazidi girl taken captive.

ISIS guy gets killed, Kurdish fighter gets maimed, and the Yazidi girl gets raped a bunch of times but survives and makes it to America or something.

Back