A Close Up of Ronda's Punching Technique

Eh she was exciting but really bitchy competitor

8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif
--Evil genius

his Fu form is shit

Saw this while I was making another thread this evening, and wanted to share.

How did Deadmond not pick up the signs? These still shots highlight the poor coaching skills
of Mr. Tarverdyan.

Screen shots taken from Ronda's Pantene commercial:

Actual progression of the punch - starting with first curled in next to shoulder. Finishing with back of hand striking with a downward motion. Eyes closed.
15799932_10155677436469148_1995962542248721803_o.jpg

Wrist rotated and back of hand making contact.
15774847_10155677436319148_5830520864410755157_o.jpg

Shoulder tucked up against the ear.
15844683_10155677436519148_2298939363026038099_o.jpg

Excellent striking/boxing coach.
edmond-tarverdyan.jpg

in the 2nd row, the jab and left hook don't look bad.

for her level of experience, I'd say Its about right.

Let me guess, you've never boxed?

Rousey's technique In the cage was garbage but on pads it wasn't that bad for her level of experience

a couple moments i thought she looked really good on pads honestly but she didn't seem to be able to put it together in the ring.

She probably would have dominated longer in her career if she stuck to the judo/grappling game plan

Trying to strike with those "skills" against a trained boxer [Nunes and Holly] put her on her ass.

Don't pull that BS excuse again. She didn't "try to stand and trade" with them, she failed to take them down. She actually got taken down at one point, IIRC, by Holly. She got exposed as the one-trick pony that she is and always was when she failed to close the gap to use her Judo throws. Holly and Nunes both shrugged her off and kept her at THEIR striking range, then lit her up and finished her off.

The craziest part of it all isnthat she kod bethe coreria or whayever the fuck.. and that broad is still in the ufc

She probably would have dominated longer in her career if she stuck to the judo/grappling game plan

Trying to strike with those "skills" against a trained boxer [Nunes and Holly] put her on her ass.
Oh she tried, Holly just stopped her from trying to take her down and forced her to strike. Amazing some people still don't realize that.

in the 2nd row, the jab and left hook don't look bad.

for her level of experience, I'd say Its about right.

Let me guess, you've never boxed?

Rousey's technique In the cage was garbage but on pads it wasn't that bad for her level of experience

Doesn't look bad?

<36>

Look at where her fingers and thumb are on that jab. Her wrist is completely bent over the wrong way. I'm just amazed she never broke it throwing like that.

Please don't give it the "let me guess, you've never boxed or fought" routine when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

It's such a shame she was dropping those Boxing World Champs with body shots rght and left, it's sad they didn't test her since they barely lasted a few mins with her.

When I saw her "sparring" Vic Darchinyan, and doing well, I was like "Oooooh shit, they're running a cult over there, because Vic was straight patronizing her in there."

Doesn't look bad?

<36>

Look at where her fingers and thumb are on that jab. Her wrist is completely bent over the wrong way. I'm just amazed she never broke it throwing like that.

Please don't give it the "let me guess, you've never boxed or fought" routine when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

Dude, don't bother. If somebody can't look at any of those pictures and spot at least 3 major flaws, they won't know dick about boxing technique any time soon....

Doesn't look bad?

<36>

boxed for over 10 years under a pro boxer, don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

and yet STILL

SHOCKINGLY

i stay with my original statement

that her jab and left hook doesn't look that bad for the level she was at

you little bitch

Doesn't look bad?

<36>

don't have a clue what I'm talking about? TEST me then

her pad work objectively wasn't that bad, she wasn't able to translate that into the cage. It's simple really.

i thought she had a jab, her left hook and overall game was developing nicely. Whatever halted it or whatever reason why she wasn't able to translate that into the cage but i watched her pad work closely throughout her peak, she wasn't bad.

Doesn't look bad?

<36>

doesn't mean that she didn't have major flaws but overall she was on the right track, her pad work wasn't bad. What halted that progress and why she wasn't able to put together is up for debate but as always, it's never as simplistic as it seems.

Once in a life time leveling striking!

in a pure boxing sense, nobody is suggesting Ronda's technique is anything close to Impressive. Just that It's not as bad as some seem to claim. She was coming along for a bit there. I remember watching some of her pad work a year or two before her downfall and thought damn, she's got a jab and her hands are coming along.

That said, she was never able to put it together In the cage. Her pad / gym work far surpassed her actual fights. Which isn't uncommon.

Ronda isn't a true fighter.

He wanted her to lose, brought her up, trained her wrong, let her crush bums to make all the feminists throw money at her, then cashed in betting big money on Holly.
8xhWhJDoHxTOw.gif
--Evil genius
Fucking hell never thought of till now but this clip reminded me of Mcgregor’s touch butt display with ido at the open workout. Perhaps what they both were doing was hypnotising the masses with the dark arts. It all seems so ridiculous. People can be fooled easily.

mannn she's gonna get roasted so hard as usual. :p

Whenever I think back on Ronda I just think what a not-natural at all fighter. Some people just have that fight instinct and ability to pick up new things. She didn't have that. She had her Judo and some basic ground grappling.

And she was strong. But that's it.

lmao at "basic ground grappling"

Back