A Case for Atomweights in the UFC

Great work, @leto1776
The videos are well done.... but I'm a bit disappointed you don't look like your avatar.

You have provided very good evidence that there is plenty of competitive talent for a women's 105. I honestly believe after a few years of development in the UFC, 105 would become more popular than 135.

I know Michelle has said she doesn't want to go back down to 105, but if she can't make the top 5 at 115, never mind sniff the belt, I think she drops down if given the opportunity. Like Ham and Hamasaki, she only moved up to 115 to get into the UFC.

Great work, @leto1776
The videos are well done.... but I'm a bit disappointed you don't look like your avatar.

You have provided very good evidence that there is plenty of competitive talent for a women's 105. I honestly believe after a few years of development in the UFC, 105 would become more popular than 135.

I know Michelle has said she doesn't want to go back down to 105, but if she can't make the top 5 at 115, never mind sniff the belt, I think she drops down if given the opportunity. Like Ham and Hamasaki, she only moved up to 115 to get into the UFC.
I don't think Waterson has that many years ahead of her, i wouldn't be surprised at all if she retires in the next 2.

sounds good, i was vocal that Atomweights should have been added before the joke of a 145 division for a cheater.

Not now, far from now. To be honest, I personally think 125 and 145 were brought in too early. Let this sport grow a little.

They should definitely adopt it for the men's MMA. Then when a 105 pound man starts clearing out his division and gets consecutive title streaks we can discuss how he (just like Mighty Mouse) is the greatest pound for pound fighter of all time!

/ sarcasm

Okay, the self important mod who banned the website blanked out in my post is no longer associated with this site in any way. Can we at least get that site's links unblocked?

Okay, the self important mod who banned the website blanked out in my post is no longer associated with this site in any way. Can we at least get that site's links unblocked?

No. Hope this helps.

:)

the absolute last thing in the world the UFC needs right now is more titles, male or female.

Pretty much

2846710-therockeyeroll.gif

Finally, a WMMA division worth watching outside of anything Cyborg. And yeah, "Cyborg" is the name of the weight class.

I am a big fan of WMMA, but I don't think atom weight belongs in UFC from a monetary perspective or general UFC fan perspective.

Finally, a WMMA division worth watching outside of anything Cyborg. And yeah, "Cyborg" is the name of the weight class.

Damn right,

Fuck this shit

Fook you

I am a big fan of WMMA, but I don't think atom weight belongs in UFC from a monetary perspective or general UFC fan perspective.

They brought in Cyborg for no real reason, at least Atomweight is actually competitive. WFeatherweight has always been a joke, always will be

Back