A bulked up Semmy Schilt at HW with no weight limit would be the GOAT

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
The GOAT kickboxer of all time is 300lbs, 88-89 inch reach, and 6'11.

Imagine if he added like 20lbs of lean muscle mass or 30lbs. A 330lb monster.

He has a black belt in 2 forms of Karate in addition to be a GOAT kickboxer and having knocked out or destroyed all top HW kickboxers. He has an iron chin, is very hard to hit cause of his defense and height. And has a sick deadly jab that has K.O. opponents, he has powerful front kicks and leg kicks, dangerous knee strikes as well. He also has plenty of heart.

Be hard to takedown a 300lb, giant who trains grappling/wrestling. Give Schilt 1-year of the top wrestling/judo training and his GIANT build, strength, endurance will assure that nobody takes him down or holds him down.

Last edited:
...PRIDE heavyweights already had no weight limits or drug testing. Semmy went 4-3.

Mehh Fedor would still take him down and turn his face into hamburger.

Didn't PRIDE heavyweights already have no weight limits or drusg testing?

Schilt wasn't full time MMA. He really is a striker who later got into submissions. All his fights he lost though in MMA were the result of another really good HW taking him down. His early losses in Pancrase aren't a good indicator of his MMA talent since Pancrase had weird rules and basically neutered him since Pancrase was grappling focused with grappling based rules and outlawed punches/knees and only allowed open handed strikes LOL.

In Pride he only lost to Josh Barnett, Sergei Kharitonov, Big Nog and Fedor and it all followed after he got taken down and either tko or submitted. However, even with that said he did manage to K.O. a lot of people in MMA before they could ever take him down and that was before he bulked up as a fighter. He used to be thinner/weaker.

A 260lbs Mighty Mouse with 4 arms and a rocket launcher in the middle of his chest schools your hypothetical Schilt under 30 seconds.

l@nd0

Mehh Fedor would still take him down and turn his face into hamburger.

I love Fedor but he was always a bloated LHW or MW.

Take Fedor's skills and put them on a guy like Brock Lesnar size let alone the size of Semmy Schilt and Fedor would be destroyed.

Fedor took him down and beat him up.

Fedor is a grappler with a grappler base.

Imagine if Schilt in his prime devoted a year to exclusive takedown defense. It is like if Brock Lesnar had heart and decided to devout a lot of time to striking defense or striking. Only difference is that it is easier to teach takedown defense and it is harder to learn top level striking.

I am a Fedor fan but size and strength do matter when the skill levels of the fighters are comparable/equal/fairly equal. Brock Lesnar is a physical freak who could destroy a lot more fighters if he had heart, could take a punch and could strike. Schilt is the same way only he does have heart, can strike he just lacked takedown defense.

I think I get your theory. With modern MMA training methods and coaching, I could see him being HW GOAT. Hell, even if he cut down to 265. Semmy had a lot of natural talent and did great things with pretty limited resources.

But that said, he already had his time and even without weight limits he got beaten. So that ship has sailed.

Of course this thread will be filled with MMA fans who get scared thinking that anyone from outside MMA could ever do good. Same thing that happened with the Brock lesnar hate ignoring that Brock is a freak athlete and wrestler and that, that stuff could carry him a decent way into MMA world.

Schilt is the same way but unlike Brock is WAY WAY bigger and about 40lbs heavier with much longer reach and a deadly striking game, iron chin, isn't afraid to get hit, good striking defense and loads of heart.

What was the name of that little dude who took him down and beat the shit out of him?

2uqoufm.gif

He would need more than 1 year of training grappling to stop guys like Fedor, Nog, Barnett and Sergei. He already had years of grappling and takedown defense training when he lost to those guys. Only poblem was those guys had decades and decades of grappling experience. He was more a kickboxer than an MMA fighter but he was still very scary even in MMA. Great striker. He was just so far behind on the grappling game from the elite guys.

If you don't learn tdd in well over 10 years of competing in mma you're not going to.I wrestled for 10 years and taking down someone much taller is generally easier,you must have no clue about wrestling.

The GOAT kickboxer of all time is 300lbs, 88-89 inch reach, and 6'11.

Imagine if he added like 20lbs of lean muscle mass or 30lbs. A 330lb monster.

He has a black belt in 2 forms of Karate in addition to be a GOAT kickboxer and having knocked out or destroyed all top HW kickboxers. He has an iron chin, is very hard to hit cause of his defense and height. And has a sick deadly jab that has K.O. opponents, he has powerful front kicks and leg kicks, dangerous knee strikes as well. He also has plenty of heart.

Be hard to takedown a 300lb, giant who trains grappling/wrestling. Give Schilt 1-year of the top wrestling/judo training and his GIANT build, strength, endurance will assure that nobody takes him down or holds him down.

I think your bias is showing. You're calling him THE kickboxing GOAT. No way. One of the greatest? Sure, but not THE greatest. And again, even when there were no weight limits, he got beaten.

Buuuuut, like I said, if he trained in his prime today.....like if he trained at Jackson/Wink.....he'd probably be invincible even at 265. He'd be like Jones but with KO power. That would've been amazing to see. But, again, that ship has sailed.

Back