A boxer(Canelo/GGG) with a year of TDD/Checking kicks, would destroy Conor(Bad Match up)

EL GOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry but Conor doesn't have good takedowns or good leg kicks.

Just because he's an MMA fighter, doesn't mean he can shoot in from 3 feet away and take somebody down...I never seen him do this, and if he did do it, I guarantee you that it will be the shittiest Wrestling shot you will ever see.

These are the only takedowns I seen from him
$

He times the striker, he doesn't shoot in and is very close to striking distance...It might of worked against a manlet with no striking like in this gif...but if he did it against a boxer of Canelo's caliber, he would get KTFO because of how exposed he is.
$

Again, he times the kick and catches it...A boxer ain't throwing a kick.
$

Again, halloway ran into the takedown.

So stop acting as if some Irish wanna be bruce lee, will be able to shoot in like Randy and go for an ankle pick.....and as if Canelo has horrible reflexes as an obese James toney
r7umf6_jpg.gif

Nate Diaz proved that boxing is Conor's weakness.

20140311121603_nate_diaz.JPG

If Nate Diaz...a lanky guy, slow, flat footed guy, beat conor in the stand up with only boxing...Imagine what a thick fast moving canelo/ggg will do to Conor.
Canelo-Alvarez-v-Julio-Cesar-Chavez-Jr-Weigh-in.jpg

3d06202ca10155905cb09e769040824c_XL.jpg

You really think Conor will be able to takedown a guy with this body type? Athletic/Explosive...more mobile?

If they learned TDD/Checking Kicks, defensive BJJ...Conor is done..Absolutely done.

Now a wrestler, like Khabib,Ferguson, etc..Would probably kill Canelo/GGG..Barboza leg kicks, will probably give them trouble....Gladly for them, Conor isn't strong on their weaknesses.

So yes....Give them a year of TDD/Checking leg kicks(and just overall being aware of kicks),defensive BJJ....and they will finish Conor.

Sorry it's just a bad match up for Conor.

Lol give them 5 and you may be right,or they may get knocked out dead because there not fighting with pillows.

He wouldnt even need it. He'd KO him stiff on the feet before Conor could panic wrestle.

Lol give them 5 and you may be right,or they may get knocked out dead because there not fighting with pillows.

LMFAO....Nobody will need 5 years to stuff a Conor Takedown.

Conor wasn't a wrestler who grew up wrestling...yes he can take people down, if he times it correctly but his wrestling shots are pure shit if he does them.

Nate Diaz just learned how to check kicks in the previous Conor fight...before that, that was his biggest weakness and he still finished Conor.

lmao ran into a take down. It's called timing. And lol @ taking someone down from 3 feet away good. That kind of shooting is called desperate and lucky. They always have to set it up with fake strikes or time the other guy walking into it.

You're a Fucking dummy. In an mma match Canalo doesn't get past the third minute against somebody like Cody McKenzie let alone a fighter of Conor's caliber

lmao ran into a take down. It's called timing. And lol @ taking someone down from 3 feet away good. That kind of shooting is called desperate and lucky. They always have to set it up with fake strikes or time the other guy walking into it.
Mendes-takedown-McGregor-1.gif

This is shooting in...Conor has never done that..and I guarantee you his shot is pure shit.

Mendes has been wrestling his whole life.

This is why I said Canelo/GGG will probably get destroyed by wrestlers, since they have good wrestling shots...They ain't getting taken down by an Irish Bruce lee wannabe.

This is shooting in...Conor has never done that..and I guarantee you his shot is pure shit.

This is why I said Canelo/GGG will probably get destroyed by wrestlers, since they have good wrestling shots...They ain't getting taken down by an Irish Bruce lee wannabe.
That's called overpowering. Conor was practically touching his shoulder at that range. Wow looking at that, I'm not surprised Mendes gassed.

your lack of understanding is pretty incredible.
Conor wouldn't need to take Canelo down to win, he wins by ko via punches like 1 minute into the fight.
You dummy

That's called overpowering. Conor was practically touching his shoulder at that range. Wow looking at that, I'm not surprised Mendes gassed.
Conor can't overpower a fullsize grown man like Canelo/GGG who have practiced TDD....Sorry bro, he doesn't have the wrestling to do it.

He wouldnt even need it. He'd KO him stiff on the feet before Conor could panic wrestle.

Ya? What would GGG or canelo do when they get leg kicked? or a head kick. or knees and elbows in a clinch...stop being such a hater...neither of those guys would last 1 minute with conor and you and I both know it...we all know...so top trying to be a troll and antagonize people...

your lack of understanding is pretty incredible.
Conor wouldn't need to take Canelo down to win, he wins by ko via punches like 1 minute into the fight.
You dummy
LMFAO.

He couldn't finish a slow flat footed mediocre boxer like Nate Diaz......You think he could finish Canelo or GGG? WTF?

and Nate Diaz fought him exactly like a boxer.

LMFAO....Nobody will need 5 years to stuff a Conor Takedown.

Conor wasn't a wrestler who grew up wrestling...yes he can take people down, if he times it correctly but his wrestling shots are pure shit if he does them.

Nate Diaz just learned how to check kicks in the previous Conor fight...before that, that was his biggest weakness and he still finished Conor.

Maybe you should go watch the rematch, where conor put nate on his ass 3x in 5 rounds....

Ya? What would GGG or canelo do when they get leg kicked? or a head kick. or knees and elbows in a clinch...stop being such a hater...neither of those guys would last 1 minute with conor and you and I both know it...we all know...so top trying to be a troll and antagonize people...

What did Nate Diaz do when he got leg kicked? Remember that was his biggest weakness, he just learned how to check kicks, in the 2nd McGregor fight lol...It's not that fucking hard bro...Specially when Conor doesn't kick legs, he isn't good at it.

Canelo/GGG can easily learn how to avoid head kicks...Like Nate Diaz.

Nate Diaz fought in a 1 dimensional fat flooted, slow boxing way....he destroyed Conor.

Canelo/GGG have a great chance.

You're wrong.

Just because a guy doesn't show any skills in the Octagon doesn't mean he hasn't both worked on the skill and familiarity with using it.

Four years ago, Conor took Max Holloway down four times in their fight after Conor injured his leg. And Holloway, as skinny as he might appear, has not been taken down one time in his last seven fights. Yet Conor took him down four times.

Why doesn't Conor take down fighters more? He doesn't want to because he doesn't need to.

You have to also keep in mind that boxers can't box in the Octagon the same way they box in a ring. It's not just the size of the gloves, either. They have to change their stance; they have to change their hand position; they even have to train their eyes to look for different things.

It's a tough transition. Especially for an older boxer. Conor lights either one of those boxers up quite easily if they ever try to make the transition.

Last edited:
LMFAO.

He couldn't finish a slow flat footed mediocre boxer like Nate Diaz......You think he could finish Canelo or GGG? WTF?

and Nate Diaz fought him exactly like a boxer.
nate Diaz is a mma fighter with quality wins. Canelo is a boxer with zero mma experience.

You fucking dummy, Conor would kick Canelo so hard in the legs and body that Canelo will tap out

Back