A BJJ Fraud in North Carolina gets challenged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched all his facebook videos, and he's nowhere near blue belt level. He *may* get a single stripe on his white belt in our gym, but probably not.

He has lots of techniques, but the problem is they are all wrong.

Where is his Facebook videos? Please post them so we can all see it.

Does anyone of you who do NOT think his faking is a big deal, consider that he is teaching kids something that can be harmful to their health? He clearly does not know shit about nought, so he could potentially have kids seriously hurting each other by mistake...

Just sayin, I have a hard time believing he could keep the illusion going when first day newbies with literally no training or grappling background could tap him on day 1. He said he doesn't roll with new students, but I can't imagine he could go on for very long without ever rolling with anybody.

I generally lurk here because my grappling knowledge is likely inferior to 99% (or more!) of the regular posters here, but my gut says that if they are learning the same sloppy technique he knows, he should be able to stay a step ahead of them.

Also, from what I saw, I don't think he could hang with any blue belt at my gym.

So here's the next question...

Why don't we all organize a dojo rush or something? I bet a purple belt could probably sub this guy!

Where is his Facebook videos? Please post them so we can all see it.

Unfortunately he took his facebook online or made it private. I fear this treasure trove of knowledge (and laughs) may be lost forever.

Unfortunately he took his facebook online or made it private. I fear this treasure trove of knowledge (and laughs) may be lost forever.

Is there a video of this James Paredes guy? I can't find it.

Is there a video of this James Paredes guy? I can't find it.

The only ones I know of are on facebook, but I can't get to them anymore. Someone should have saved them off before he got called out, because they are probably gone forever.

The only ones I know of are on facebook, but I can't get to them anymore. Someone should have saved them off before he got called out, because they are probably gone forever.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EasyKillChoke?feature=mhee

i gotcha dawg.

I have more but I'm not really comfortable posting the ones that are just 15 year old white belts teaching things like "tori andos" that they learned from someone who clearly had no idea what he was doing.

James isn't teaching this one, but I think it's the best:

The look of confusion on their faces as they tap to the "choke" that clearly isn't working is beautiful, it's like a cold glass of unadulterated essence of awkwardness.

James isn't teaching this one, but I think it's the best:

The look of confusion on their faces as they tap to the "choke" that clearly isn't working is beautiful, it's like a cold glass of unadulterated essence of awkwardness.

That might actually be a better choke instructional than the one Ari made about the anaconda choke.

I wish I was kidding.

i gotcha dawg.

I have more but I'm not really comfortable posting the ones that are just 15 year old white belts teaching things like "tori andos" that they learned from someone who clearly had no idea what he was doing.

mother of god.... did you guys get to see the vid of his blue belt with the innovative guards?

edit: just saw 2 vids of the other student, the older one, armbar defense 360 spin, that was waay too fucking much...

Last edited:
okay..i stand corrected, this guy is horrible. but watching his videos really gave me a good chuckle, thanks for posting them! my favorite was his students demonstrating the "brabo choke".

i gotcha dawg.

It's crazy, because I watched his videos and for a split second in the beginning of some of the "techniques" I'm thinking to myself, "Oh, maybe he will show something that is correct.." About three seconds later I realize that could not be further from the truth. That brabo "choke" was classic though! hahaha

I feel bad for his students, But at some point they have to realize that they are tapping for no reason. Although, I do notice when some people first start BJJ they will tap from pressure and then you let them know that they will learn to deal with that in different ways or maybe even become accustomed to such pressure without being uncomfortable. Maybe he just tells his students they should tap whenever they feel slight pressure. You know, to be safe and all.

what's strange to me is that the "details" that they are missing can be found for free all over youtube. this leads me to believe that maybe, the instructor teaches his students incorrect movements and leaves out details, so that he may have an advantage over his students when they actually roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back