A 5'7 Man could be HW Champ in 1920; 5'10 man can't even be on Tennis tour in 2017

OP rapidly becoming a
image1.jpg

In tennis height helps in serving the ball as it is hit with your arm fully extended above your head. Since you're hitting the ball forward and down you'd be able to serve the ball faster than someone significantly shorter who would have to hit the ball more forward than you. A significantly shorter player wouldn't be able to serve as fast and still have the serve land in bounds, its math

Igor Vovchanchyn was 5'9. If he were in his prime, he'd be heavyweight champ today.

Depends on the sport. It's easier to beat up a 6'6 man than it is to beat him in basketball.

I don't mind comparing MMA to man sports, but get this tennis crap moved.
He wasn't comparing MMA, his first example was boxing. By "man sports", do you mean the ones where it's a bunch of 20 year old black guys wearing spandex together and frolicking on a field? I bet you would like a thread with pictures of that so you can feel "manly" with bottle of lotion?

Yet chess players fingers now are so much thinner than they were 100 years ago.

He wasn't comparing MMA, his first example was boxing. By "man sports", do you mean the ones where it's a bunch of 20 year old black guys wearing spandex together and frolicking on a field? I bet you would like a thread with pictures of that so you can feel "manly" with bottle of lotion?
Who wouldn't?

It's almost like childhood nutrition has increased dramatically in the last 100 years or something.

A 5'7" man was a guy like Sam Langford, universally regarded as a top 10 boxing HW of all time. Jack Johnson ducked this guy.

24meujm.jpg

Meanwhile, in 2017 a 5'10 man can't even compete in a major tennis tournament. You have to look around rank 100 to find more than one under 6' guy.

Why has height become so important that you can't even be an under 6' tennis player anymore?
Mike Tyson was only 5-10 and he would ko Joshua in the 1st round

Back