A 5'7 Man could be HW Champ in 1920; 5'10 man can't even be on Tennis tour in 2017

A 5'7" man was a guy like Sam Langford, universally regarded as a top 10 boxing HW of all time. Jack Johnson ducked this guy.

24meujm.jpg

Meanwhile, in 2017 a 5'10 man can't even compete in a major tennis tournament. You have to look around rank 100 to find more than one under 6' guy.

Why has height become so important that you can't even be an under 6' tennis player anymore?

A 5'4" average height Roman legionnaire would kick the ass of anybody in the UFC.

During late 19th and early 20th century, humanity in so called first world did a huge leap - from a world where food was a bit too scarce still to a world where food is too easily available.

What else can be said?

<Fedor23>

A 5'4" average height Roman legionnaire would kick the ass of anybody in the UFC.

*stab

OP is this your way of coming out of the midget closet.

?

Here you go, a 5'7 Jew ranked 33 in the world. Also, DC would have a good shot at the HW belt at 5'9/5'10.

schwartzman-full15.png

Diego
Schwartzman
Singles Ranking
arg.svg

ARG

Turned Pro
Weight
141lbs(64kg)
Height
5'7"(170cm)
Birthplace
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Residence
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Plays
Right-Handed, Two-Handed Backhand
Coach
Juan Ignacio Chela

During late 19th and early 20th century, humanity in so called first world did a huge leap - from a world where food was a bit too scarce still to a world where food is too easily available.

What else can be said?

<Fedor23>

*stab
Americans are shorter in 2017 than they were in 1920. 5'10.5" average back then -- 5'9" average today

That must explain why the HW and LHW divisions suck, all of the big athletes go into other sports.

You have to look around rank 100 to find more than one under 6' guy[/QUOTE]
Nishikori is 5'10 is #9. He was ranked #4 just two years ago...

A 5'7" man was a guy like Sam Langford, universally regarded as a top 10 boxing HW of all time. Jack Johnson ducked this guy.

24meujm.jpg

Meanwhile, in 2017 a 5'10 man can't even compete in a major tennis tournament. You have to look around rank 100 to find more than one under 6' guy.

Why has height become so important that you can't even be an under 6' tennis player anymore?
Not sure if it was him, I guess I could check, but wasn't his record heavily padded with multiple wins over the same people. I know there were a few fighters who weren't considered in the funning for title fights for that reason.

Among the many other things wrong with this post, Sam Langford isn't universally regarded as a top 10 HW of all time.

The average American gained three inches over the last 100 years, of course champs used to be smaller in the 20's.

are you saying James Mulheron will never be HW champ?

20170715114756_ds5_8961.JPG
I do not watch mma anymore...only read highlights. I have never seen this guy.....with that being said....holy sht he looks horrible. No disrespect to him at all (have no idea how he fights, trains, etc...) but man....this guy could be a MW IMO. But whatever...I dont know anything anyways.

David Ferrer claims 5'9'' but is pushing 5'6'' AT BEST

I don't mind comparing MMA to man sports, but get this tennis crap moved.

Jack Dempsey with wrestling is a nightmare for anyone

Back