Law 9 year-old boy served VPO at school

It depends. Schools usually don't do anything because teachers aren't covered. Bullying nowadays don't end at school. It might follow them online or on social media.

Very true. My wife deals with parents quite often who think their kid is perfect and does nothing wrong.
I've had parents of students as old as 21 turn up at my office door to ask me why I gave thier precious little master of the universe a B... multiple times.

There's a certain type of parent who cannot separate thier sense of self from thier child.

Coaching children's sport gets you the worst of it imo... or God forbid, reffing.

I take this to mean that you'd kick the shit out of that 9 year old yourself. That's pretty badass.
Jordan Peterson would!

I remember taking my daughter to the playground once when she was about two. She was playing on the monkey bars, hanging in mid-air. A particularly provocative little monster of about the same age was standing above her on the same bar she was gripping. I watched him move towards her. Our eyes locked. He slowly and deliberately stepped on her hands, with increasing force, over and over, as he stared me down. He knew exactly what he was doing. Up yours, Daddy-O — that was his philosophy. He had already concluded that adults were contemptible, and that he could safely defy them. (Too bad, then, that he was destined to become one.) That was the hopeless future his parents had saddled him with. To his great and salutary shock, I picked him bodily off the playground structure, and threw him thirty feet down the field.
"No, I didn’t. I just took my daughter somewhere else. But it would have been better for him if I had."

From 12 steps to being a fucking moron.

Coaching children's sport gets you the worst of it imo... or God forbid, reffing.
Oh goodness . . . I can imagine. Sports parents are the worst. Back when our youngest played soccer I couldn't sit anywhere near some of our parents because of how they acted.

There's better ways of settling things like this. It's a little ridiculous for cops to show up to an elementary school to do that. You mean it couldn't have been done at the child's home?

What sucks is the kid who the other parents claim is a problem seems to be being raised by his grandmother and she has zero issues with his behavior. I don't think the parents working it out together would ever work if one side thinks that there are no problems.

I think thats the entire reason of doing it at school boyo. Doing it at home wouldn't hit as hard. Now ALL the kids know they aren't supposed to bully anymore and will be more inclined to call it out if it happens again.

Funny how when it's a boy harassing a girl it's time to say, hold on, we don't have all the facts so let's not go off half cocked. How transparent.

I'm giving the mother the benefit of the doubt, numbskull.

On the surface this looks like an overreaction.

Clearly I am.

But, hey, haters gonna hate. <GinJuice>
Yeah, clearly it's the mother to whom you're giving the benefit of the doubt,
"... it doesn't seem like anything that egregious even took place,"
"This mother might be one of those helicopter Karen types, who did some serious overreacting,"
"...because his crazy baby mother went and acted ridiculous again over kids being kids...."

Right, totally giving them the benefit of the doubt with, " But, again, too little information to tell."

Hilarious.

Well, if the school ain't doing anything about it, it's probably an option most people don't even think about. Might be considered "extreme", but some bullying can get quite extreme as well.

Yeah, clearly it's the mother to whom you're giving the benefit of the doubt,
"... it doesn't seem like anything that egregious even took place,"
"This mother might be one of those helicopter Karen types, who did some serious overreacting,"
"...because his crazy baby mother went and acted ridiculous again over kids being kids...."

Right, totally giving them the benefit of the doubt with, " But, again, too little information to tell."

Hilarious.

Yea, because, like I said, on the surface this look like an overreaction. Thus, by me saying there's not enough information, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that that's not the case, and she's justified.

There's no report of any physical harm whatsoever, mind you.

You're the one who's seemingly eager to call the young 9 year old boy a dangerous bully deserving of having papers served to him in school by the authorities, potentially having a long term effect on his life, with very little evidence. I could just as easily brand you a sexist, in the reverse.

You're just a hater of mine, face it. LMAO.

Putting yourself in the parents shoes...it's really not outrageous if they've exhausted other avenues. Any parent is gonna go however far they need to in order to protect their kid. Full stop. It's hardwired into us. Those without kids don't and can't know. That's not a knock, just reality.

Remember that scene from Dark Knight where the prisoners on one boat and the normal people on the other have the detonator for the Joker's bombs on each other's boats? The moral dilemma scene...I can tell you right now if my kid is on the boat with me I'm pretty sure I'm making peace the best I can with blowing up that other boat. My life, no. My kid's? Different story.

This other kid evidently being raised by his grandmother doesn't help. Two fathers could probably hash it out face to face more easily. Not always, but I've seen it happen. A buddy of mine's daughter had 2 boys who would harrass her nonstop. He peripherally knew one of the dads of the boys and talked to him man to man and told him to please relay to the other dad. The bullying stopped real quick.

There's better ways of settling things like this. It's a little ridiculous for cops to show up to an elementary school to do that. You mean it couldn't have been done at the child's home?

What sucks is the kid who the other parents claim is a problem seems to be being raised by his grandmother and she has zero issues with his behavior. I don't think the parents working it out together would ever work if one side thinks that there are no problems.
O maybe grand ma should know what her child is doing and teach her manners but no when it it gets out of ha d then people want to.talk and settle and compromise

Uppercuts for the bullies dad is in order imo.
Most kids think dad is invincible, so when the little twerp sees him get whooped, he might change his ways.
<Fedor23>

I put my son in Wrestling at 4 (He won Counties at 17). He is 2 years younger than my daughter and would beat up guys in her grade by the time he was in 6th grade if she was bullied. Kids can be brutal, they have to be able to defend themselves. But in a case where it is boy vs a girl, no matter what the trans communty tells you, that is unfair and the school needs to do something. If not, you as a parent need to step in hard core.

In the American public school behavior/discipline hierarchy, a teacher can't issue consequences (suspension, expulsion, loss of privileges, schedule change, etc.) beyond a phone call home to the perpetrator's caregivers. When a behavior becomes chronic, a teacher can refer it to a dean, principal, vice principal, etc. There are many, many schools where this is HIGHLY frowned upon, and immediately puts a target on the referring teacher's back as someone who can't manage their classroom. So there is an institutional culture of top down intimidation and bullying that teachers are dealing with in their own work lives that they have to deal with before they can even do their job of reporting harassment and bullying under their supervision. There are also all kinds of legal dilemmas that a school can find themselves in if the perpretrator/bully has a documented disability (many do) I would bet that this situation was borne of frustration, on the parents' part, about the school stonewalling discipline for one of the aforementioned reasons.

Someone I know told me about how she got bullied. Dad was done with it after it kept happening so he gave her a piece of garden hose and told her to beat the shit out of the bully. Worked well. Sometimes violence is the answer. I guess not “socially accepted” anymore these days.

Someone I know told me about how she got bullied. Dad was done with it after it kept happening so he gave her a piece of garden hose and told her to beat the shit out of the bully. Worked well. Sometimes violence is the answer. I guess not “socially accepted” anymore these days.
I don't think it's ever been unacceptable for the bullied to give the bully a whoopin'. At least not to me.

Should be settled by school/parents, not the cops.

Back