88 year old man eats 25 eggs per day

I was on 20 eggs a day for a a few months and I was fine. I was supposed to be on 36, but I was too lazy.

I was on 20 eggs a day for a a few months and I was fine. I was supposed to be on 36, but I was too lazy.

Cool, I usually eat 2 scrambled eggs every morning. I'm going to start eating more.

I would get sick of eggs way too quick. I usually eat 7 a week.

That guy is my hero!!

I love eggs, but I do get sick of them. Still, they are fucking ace for you and at this point it should be common knowledge.

Yolks rule.

That guy is my hero!!

I love eggs, but I do get sick of them. Still, they are fucking ace for you and at this point it should be common knowledge.

Yolks rule.

I've been trying to eat more, due to some of this forum shite as well as subsequent researching on my own.

I still have trouble eating mass eggs after the afternoon...morning: 4 eggs and sausage...later that night, 2 egg yolks, 2 egg whites (trying to drop weight, however, I don't know if this even applies with my sorta-drive to high protein high good fat)...arrggg who knows.

A good breakfast cafe however? Tits.

I have for breakfast everyday an omelet with 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs.

Damn that's a lot of eggs. I'd get tired of eggs real quick if I at 25 a day. I bet his farts smell like absolute hell too.

uhh thats insane! and how is his cholesterol alright if he eats the yolks too!

i just ate four in the past two hours... looks like four more is a good idea

^^^^
Yes. There is nothing special about that dude. Just about everyone would have the same results on the same diet.

It's not the eggs that kill you (or raise your cholesterol levels) it's the toast.

Eggs modulate the inflammatory response to carbohydrate restricted diets in overweight men

Joseph C Ratliff , Gisella Mutungi , Michael J Puglisi , Jeff S Volek and Maria Luz Fernandez
Nutrition & Metabolism 2008, 5:6doi:10.1186/1743-7075-5-6

Published: 20 February 2008 Abstract (provisional)

Background

Carbohydrate restricted diets (CRD) consistently lower glucose and insulin levels and improve atherogenic dyslipidemia [decreasing triglycerides and increasing HDL cholesterol (HDL-C)]. We have previously shown that male subjects following a CRD experienced significant increases in HDL-C only if they were consuming a higher intake of cholesterol provided by eggs compared to those individuals who were taking lower concentrations of dietary cholesterol. Here, as a follow up of our previous study, we examined the effects of eggs (a source of both dietary cholesterol and lutein) on adiponectin, a marker of insulin sensitivity, and on inflammatory markers in the context of a CRD.
Methods

Twenty eight overweight men [body mass index (BMI) 26-37 kg/m2] aged 40-70 y consumed an ad libitum CRD (% energy from CHO:fat:protein = 17:57:26) for 12 wk. Subjects were matched by age and BMI and randomly assigned to consume eggs (EGG, n=15) (640 mg additional cholesterol/day provided by eggs) or placebo (SUB, n=13) (no additional dietary cholesterol). Fasting blood samples were drawn before and after the intervention to assess plasma lipids, insulin, adiponectin and markers of inflammation including C-reactive protein (CRP), tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-I+/-), interleukin-8 (IL-8), monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1(VCAM-1).
Results

Body weight, percent total body fat and trunk fat were reduced for all subjects after 12 wk (P < 0.0001). Increases in adiponectin were also observed (P < 0.01). Subjects in the EGG group had a 21% increase in this adipokine compared to a 7% increase in the SUB group (P < 0.05). Plasma CRP was significantly decreased only in the EGG group (P < 0.05). MCP-1 levels were decreased for the SUB group (P< 0.001), but unchanged in the EGG group. VCAM-1, ICAM-1, TNF-alpha and IL-8 were not modified by CRD or eggs.
Conclusions

A CRD with daily intake of eggs decreased plasma CRP and increased plasma adiponectin compared to a CRD without eggs. These findings indicate that eggs make a significant contribution to the anti-inflammatory effects of CRD, possibly due to the presence of cholesterol, which increases HDL-C and to the antioxidant lutein which modulates certain inflammatory responses.

Eggs modulate the inflammatory response to carbohydrate restricted diets in overweight men
MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO ME! nothing says good eats like good old inflammatory response modulation. I LOVE it when that shit changes key...

did any musicians in the crowd get that key change joke? or am I alone on this?

MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO ME! nothing says good eats like good old inflammatory response modulation. I LOVE it when that shit changes key...

huhzq8.jpg

*crickets

Back