80's Revival: Synthwave/Vapor/Future/Chillwave/Retro-Electro/Outrun/Etc.

Well it finally dropped. A new DwtD album in February and now a new Perturbator album. OMG!!

And yes it's amazing. I an perturbed by how amazing it is.

yeah, was listening to it the other day.

the new zombie hyperdrive just came out too, pretty good

live show with some good songs

and a long mix

Last edited:

Last edited:
This album is pure fire. 80's dream compilation soundtrack right here. Perfect. It's like this was plucked from a time capsule.

This album is pure fire. 80's dream compilation soundtrack right here. Perfect. It's like this was plucked from a time capsule.

Tears is a killer track ^

For albums I've been listening to this shit recently

One of my all time fave darkwave albums.

Fave tracks are Pierced by Shears, Hypovolemic Shock, Nightmares In A Damaged Brain and Cleavage Vs Cleaver.

I love this genre. Great music while driving.

What's everyone's GOAT album then?

Gotta say, I don't think it gets any better than this

I'm going to have to give this thread a good long look. Not sure if anyone posted it, but has anyone here listened to either of John Carpenter's Lost Themes albums?

Interesting stuff from the horror master, I like listening to them on a long late night walk.

here's an old mix I made with 80's flavored beats. used to be a huge hobby of mine. I may get back into this shit someday soon.

Been loving this album lately

A little social history..
I realize this will sound awkward and fruity to most of you, but this is the story of my youth and the times. It was the late 80s and The Cure was hot in the clubs back then. However the word 'club' and its meaning now is well outside of the definition of a club then. Sexuality was far less overt as AIDS was new and people were cautious to exchange bodily fluids with a stranger.
The social normals were narrower than they are today and I existed comfortably outside of them in the New Wave community where androgyny was king/ queen. When the sun went to bed all of the pale freaks came out to play. Now make up and a corset didn't make you gay, it made you marketable. Boys and girls both looked like Edward Scissorhands.
This song is the sound track of that time: (raids wife's panty drawer and make up kit)

Back