80s Pop Gems

There are so many 80's gems. One of my faves incorporated into a movie was 99 Red Balloons during the movie Grosse Pointe Blank. But during the movie they do the original german version of 99 luftballoons or however it's spelled

Great song, and great movie. 80s fans will love the entire soundtrack of this movie

There are so many 80's gems. One of my faves incorporated into a movie was 99 Red Balloons during the movie Grosse Pointe Blank. But during the movie they do the original german version of 99 luftballoons or however it's spelled

Great song, and great movie. 80s fans will love the entire soundtrack of this movie

I remember that song. Definitely a good addition.

And I haven't seen Gross Pointe Blank since it came out, but I remember that Benny Urquidez makes a short appearance, which I thought was awesome.

I remember that song. Definitely a good addition.

And I haven't seen Gross Pointe Blank since it came out, but I remember that Benny Urquidez makes a short appearance, which I thought was awesome.
Yeah that scene I just posted was when Martin Blank just killed Benny's character, and they're trying to dispose of his body

I can tell you it was '87 because just yesterday I picked up this CD from the library and Touch Me is on there (yes, that's right, I still check stuff out from the library):

0000012863.jpg

No shame in that. I still check out stuff from the library all the time too. I still like my Blue-Ray movies (watching stuff in ultra high definition with surround sound) over blurry streams. Netflix and crave are reliable, but not much else to the highest levels. My library has to get in the most current movies ever. And their collection is massive.

Last edited:
No shame in that. I still check out stuff from the library all the time too. I still like my Blue-Ray movies (watching stuff in ultra high definition with surround sound) over blurry streams. Neyflix and crave are reliable, but not much else to the highest levels. My library has to get in the most current movies ever. And their collection is massive.

Nice!

For me, it all started when my Internet got shot off and I had no way to watch anything. And I was like, "Wait, can't you check movies out from the library?"

That was a couple of years ago. Now I check out movies, music and books on the regular.

And I'll add Martika. Toy soldiers, from which eminem sampled from later on. I used to think she was hot back in the 80s

And I'll add Martika. Toy soldiers, from which eminem sampled from later on. I used to think she was hot back in the 80s

That girl is definitely cute. And that song sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't really remember it. Solid tune though.

I'm sure we all remember Tiffany.

Great song, its crazy how many cheesy 80s songs I have on my iPod as I listen to them on my way to work. Guess it reminds me of a simpler time when I was a teenager, driving to my summer job, hearing these songs on the radio

Great song, its crazy how many cheesy 80s songs I have on my iPod as I listen to them on my way to work. Guess it reminds me of a simpler time when I was a teenager, driving to my summer job, hearing these songs on the radio

I'm going to start exploring some of the other songs from these artists.

I mean, we know the hits. But what else did they do? There's probably some really good stuff out there that never got radio play.

The only artist in here who I've really delved into deeply is Pat Benatar.

I'm going to start exploring some of the other songs from these artists.

I mean, we know the hits. But what else did they do? There's probably some really good stuff out there that never got radio play.

The only artist in here who I've really delved into deeply is Pat Benatar.
80s had a bunch of one hit wonders, but some did have more than one hit.

I saw someone posted Belinda Carlisle, I think she used to be part of the Go-Go's

I remember back when Cyndi Lauper and Madonna first appeared on the scene, around the same time. Music people used to speculate who would be bigger. Most thought Cyndi had the superior voice, and thought she would prevail. But Madonna has that selling power, and sometimes that's all it takes. Anyway, both had great 80s songs!

Another great, and if you ever meet older girls, i.e. 40's, they all love this song

The Promise-When in Rome

80s had a bunch of one hit wonders, but some did have more than one hit.

I saw someone posted Belinda Carlisle, I think she used to be part of the Go-Go's

I remember back when Cyndi Lauper and Madonna first appeared on the scene, around the same time. Music people used to speculate who would be bigger. Most thought Cyndi had the superior voice, and thought she would prevail. But Madonna has that selling power, and sometimes that's all it takes. Anyway, both had great 80s songs!

Speaking of Cyndi Lauper, I guess it wouldn't be an 80s Gem thread without this one. . .

Another great, and if you ever meet older girls, i.e. 40's, they all love this song

The Promise-When in Rome

I remember that song. Not the kind of thing I'd listen to on my own, but I could see how it would appeal to ladies of a certain age.

I may just camp out in this thread for awhile, you're bringing back all these 80s memories

Speaking of Cyndi Lauper, I guess it wouldn't be an 80s Gem thread without this one. . .

I remember that song. Not the kind of thing I'd listen to on my own, but I could see how it would appeal to ladies of a certain age.

You're an eclectic dude for sure. From my years on here, I know you love Van Damme, now 80s music, and movies of course. I'm enjoying the Illuminati thread, I don't have much to offer on that but I love reading the posts, I'm always in there. Too bad its getting a little crazy with certain people but still enjoy reading the posts and responses

You're an eclectic dude for sure. From my years on here, I know you love Van Damme, now 80s music, and movies of course. I'm enjoying the Illuminati thread, I don't have much to offer on that but I love reading the posts, I'm always in there. Too bad its getting a little crazy with certain people but still enjoy reading the posts and responses

Yeah, I'm kind of an odd duck in some ways, I guess.

Re: the Illuminati thread, it has run off the rails a bit but at least it's staying bumped, I suppose. I'm trying to bring it back to where it needs to be, but MusterX's participation is a big part of its smooth operation and I think he's had enough.

Back