79 year old rapes 5 year old girl, gets just 90 days house arrest

Basically the death penalty.

But in all seriousness, this is probably a good example of class privilege. In an ideal world, child rapists get a neckshot.

http://ktla.com/2018/05/24/stockton...-arrest-in-statutory-rape-of-5-year-old-girl/

90 days House Arrest
5 years informal probation
Does NOT need to register as a sex offender

The attorney for the girl's family believes the defendent's wealth and community standing afforded him the light sentence.

"He's obviously very wealthy and it's just an example of how the wealthy people, time and time again, escape the penalty for what they did," the attorney said.

The District Attorney was asked by the News why he was only charged with Statutory Rape and did not need to register as a Sex offender, and the DA wouldn't answer, instead deferring to her Media Representative

http://ktla.com/2018/05/24/stockton...-arrest-in-statutory-rape-of-5-year-old-girl/

--

To say this sentence is horseshit is beyond an understatement. This vile creature needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars in solitary. The D.A. and Judge should accompany him.
What is his net worth, and where is the evidence to suggest his wealth was used to grease this outcome beyond the circumstantial?

The two greatest assumptions of your OP are completely without substantiation. I just chided you the other day for writing and thinking like a Washington Post Op-Ed writer in their articles about Trump. Your willingness to accept things at face value, and to take sprawling speculation for granted, is a rising weakness in your approach to topics and stories.

Let's get to "B" before we declare "Z" is the destination.

SeriousWarmheartedAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif
Greatest cartoon ever made

What is his net worth, and where is the evidence to suggest his wealth was used to grease this outcome beyond the circumstantial?

The two greatest assumptions of your OP are completely without substantiation. I just chided you the other day for writing and thinking like a Washington Post Op-Ed writer in their articles about Trump. Your willingness to accept things at face value, and to take sprawling speculation for granted, is a rising weakness in your approach to topics and stories.

lol Why are you acting so emotional? That was what was written in the article, it's a quote from the family's attorney saying they believe his net worth is the reason for the sentence. He clearly just summarized the article and he didn't put his own opinion until the bottom which was "To say this sentence is horseshit is beyond an understatement. This vile creature needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars in solitary. The D.A. and Judge should accompany him."

Get your reading comprehension up instead of jumping to attack someone because you don't like him.

Heuristics indicate that this is a CLASSic case of Affluenza that was the catylst for this unfortunate event.

It's highly probable that during it's onset he had no idea what he din and dindu.

That is the claim of the attorney . Since it is in the article I mentioned it.

lol Why are you acting so emotional?
kanye-blank-stare-gif.gif

That was what was written in the article, it's a quote from the family's attorney saying they believe his net worth is the reason for the sentence.
I have no reason to doubt this is what they believe.
He clearly just summarized the article and he didn't put his own opinion until the bottom which was "To say this sentence is horseshit is beyond an understatement. This vile creature needs to spend the rest of his life behind bars in solitary. The D.A. and Judge should accompany him."

Get your reading comprehension up instead of jumping to attack someone because you don't like him.
Did you notice that he added italics to the comment made by the attorney?

People with a high reading comprehension tend to notice elements of style like that.

That is the claim of the attorney . Since it is in the article I mentioned it.
You italicized what the attorney said, but I like this instant retreat.

This is the correct route. Let's take a step back.

One can only hope to hell that there is some type of extenuating circumstance in this case related to senile dementia.

You italicized what the attorney said, but I like this instant retreat.

This is the correct route. Let's take a step back.

I italicize quotes to make it clear it is a quote; which I have been doing for some time now on all threads/posts. It's seems less aesthetically blocky than using the quote function.

Not stepping back on anything since I didn't make the claim the old man got off cause he is rich. I just mentioned what the attorney said.

Back